We Need a New Source for Omegas....

Prev1
botabu
246 posts Member
edited May 2019
FAR worse than zeta mats. When you have ONE character that has 6 different abilities including 2 zeta abilities you blow ONE months worth of Omega mats. Hell, give us an option to BUY them with crystals.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    Options
    Kluge wrote: »
    Which is exactly why they won't create one. They want to to spend cantina energy refreshes to try a farm them there, which of course, means you'll get 1-2 for every 250sims.

Fixed it for ya
  • StarSon
    7450 posts Member
    Options
    botabu wrote: »
    FAR worse than zeta mats. When you have ONE character that has 6 different abilities including 2 zeta abilities you blow ONE months worth of Omega mats. Hell, give us an option to BUY them with crystals.

They do sell them occasionally.

However, Padme's abilities are not a month's worth of omegas. At level 85, it's more like 2 weeks to get the 38 she needs.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Which is exactly why they won't create one. They want to to spend cantina energy refreshes to try a farm them there, which of course, means you'll get 1-2 for every 2500sims.

With my luck
  • Mithos
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly dont get people that run out of omega mats, do yall just omega every ability of every toon? I only use them for toons that matter in arena/ga/tw/ and i have plenty, its zeta mats that slow me down
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    I have every character fully omega’d. Can’t say the same about zetas. There’s no contest here.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    They ARE sold for Crystals every now and then in weekly shipments. You can also "buy" them from refreshing those Omega battle events.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I have every character fully omega’d. Can’t say the same about zetas. There’s no contest here.
    One could only buy omegas with fleet arena currency, while completely neglecting zetas and have the exact same claim. While it's probably not the case for anyone (hopefully), this alone does not prove that the needed amount of zetas is harder to come by than the needed amount of omegas.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    One could only buy omegas with fleet arena currency, while completely neglecting zetas and have the exact same claim. While it's probably not the case for anyone (hopefully), this alone does not prove that the needed amount of zetas is harder to come by than the needed amount of omegas.

I’ve never bought an omega with fleet currency.
  • Options

The problem with the fleet currency option is that they cost 1500 tokens. For a single Omega! A single Zeta is 2000! They really need to make it 5 for 1500 or something because the amount of tokens it takes is ridiculous.
  • fletchmars
    156 posts Member
    Options
    Which is exactly why they won't create one. They want to to spend cantina energy refreshes to try a farm them there, which of course, means you'll get 1-2 for every 25 sims.

Ive simmed over 400 and have only 1 or 2
  • Options
    You could try being more selective with your Omega upgrades. For instance, is it really that important for your B2 to get an additional 15% damage on his basic ability? It's B2's AOE debuff that makes it effective. Maybe skip that upgrade.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, my SiT can now ignore protection with his basic. That's 3k damage direct to health! BOOM!

(j/k I didn't omega that)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    They occasionally run that pack of the purple mats + omegas. I think you get 20 purples and 9 omegas a pop.

Theoretically you can get double for each but I've snagged it a few times and never hit it, so it seems fairly rare.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

The problem with the fleet currency option is that they cost 1500 tokens. For a single Omega! A single Zeta is 2000! They really need to make it 5 for 1500 or something because the amount of tokens it takes is ridiculous.

this is the true easy solution, 1500 is ridiculous, it should be 500, then buying them would actually be an option
  • Options
    Mithos wrote: »
    I honestly dont get people that run out of omega mats, do yall just omega every ability of every toon? I only use them for toons that matter in arena/ga/tw/ and i have plenty, its zeta mats that slow me down
    . And i have ask u what your gp is? Maybe u have a small roster but even following ur strategy of only putting omegas on chars useful in tw an ga in my over 4m gp (4.6m) ga bracket i have around 35 chars on defense then have another 35 chars or so to run on offense. Thts a lot omegas. An with older chars becoming obsolete all the time and newer chars becoming the new counters u have to constantly keep upgrading chars abilities. I have on average 6-7 full zetas saved at all times but can nvr keep enough omegas. Maybe once u have built a decent roster then u will begin to understand the plight of the rest of us. The cantina farm for them is laughing joke. 300 energy spent to maybe get 1 omega. U get one free a day so u can easily spend a whole months worth on one char to upgrade their normal abilities an tht doesnt even count the 13-39 u need for tht one chars zetas. Take my 7* padme for example, i had to use 38 just on her alone. An god forbid if I didn’t have my GR team already maxxed out around her an had omega sum of them. So yes we need other ways to get more omegas an sum day when ur roster is more than just ur Phoenix an sith team u will come to agree with the rest of us.
  • Options
    It's more of an issue with the omega battle events themselves. Omega battles are incredibly easy with incredibly crappy rewards. I mean they are called "Omega battles" so shouldn't they give decent omega rewards? They are literally sim fodder for just about everyone and badly need to be updated to be more engaging events with better rewards. Everyone literally spends about 5 seconds simming them whenever they pop up before moving on. They are literally pointless content in the game right now and it would be simpler to just give us those rewards in our inbox rather than having a useless omega battle event once every other week.
  • Options
    You could try being more selective with your Omega upgrades. For instance, is it really that important for your B2 to get an additional 15% damage on his basic ability? It's B2's AOE debuff that makes it effective. Maybe skip that upgrade.

It can be worth it if it's fleet crew that are also useful elsewhere. The omega might give you an edge in a mirror match.

Beyond that i feel like the PvE content is heading in a direction where, if you don't whale for the overkill, the 15% damage might mean the difference between a wipe and a clear of a stage. I've definitely had my fair share of moments where I'm down to the last toon in my squad and they just pull off clearing. Clearing can make a huge difference in a TB payout for example.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the necro.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Thanks for the necro.

Still a problem especially since packs hasnt been sold on weeks esp for us newbies. And how else can you keep your post count up?
  • Options
    Yep, and you should feel LUCKY that they allow us to receive a whopping TWO omegas from a mythic tier of some legendary events! Why back in their day, they had to walk up hill both ways for one omega piece and they were grateful! (Good thing the CG defense force is here to defend CG!)

They've upped the output of zeta mats for us, but haven't done much to increase the omega output while at the same time adding more and more characters that, just for ONE character, will need 40-50+ omega pieces.

It's not one of those "I just upgrade everything!" issues either, even if you're very selective, you still have to deal with placing omegas and dropping those 10, 13, 14, 16 omega pieces with a zeta to add it to a character. (If you didn't need 10-16 omega pieces to add a zeta to a character, I doubt anyone would be complaining.)

You have events like Geo TB where you NEED to add those omegas to characters because of the min power requirement, among other things. To be competitive and to complete some PVE content you need those omegas, which would be fine if we had more ways to get omegas.

And this isn't a new issue, players have been saying this for over a year now, at least.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    People have been saying the game is dying since the game was born. That's a poor argument.

• Options
    If you're spending crystals, the omegas in the weekly shipments are a great deal when they're there. About once/week you can refresh the omega event to "buy" a mat for 200 crystals. I also have more trouble with omegas than zetas, but only slightly. If I cared to buy the omegas that cost 200 or less when they came around, that would equalize my omega/zeta crunch.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    You can also buy omegas from fleet. It's expensive, but if you don't have crystals, and your omega need is greater than your zeta need, it's an option.