your beta testers cannot be your GCs

Replies

• Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Hater are gonna hate. My question is, if you hate them so much, why are you guys giving them so much of your time. I don’t like watching a Fortnite streamer, so I don’t watch it. I don’t go about trash talking and hating on all the fortnite streamers because that would be stupid. Lots of people, myself included, think that the game changers are entertaining, some more than others. Let these people enjoy them without throwing unneeded shade their way. Golden rule peeps.

Yep. If the haters were entertaining then we’d watch their streams. But they’re not so we don’t.
  • Options
    So many LC (LameChangers) lovers here.

l2z19y4agmg7.gif
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Hater are gonna hate. My question is, if you hate them so much, why are you guys giving them so much of your time. I don’t like watching a Fortnite streamer, so I don’t watch it. I don’t go about trash talking and hating on all the fortnite streamers because that would be stupid. Lots of people, myself included, think that the game changers are entertaining, some more than others. Let these people enjoy them without throwing unneeded shade their way. Golden rule peeps.

I'm definately a hater when it comes to the gamechanger program, but is the shade thrown really unneeded? The whole program is just free advertisement disguised as independent players who just enjoy the game.
    As for the gamechangers themselves, i don't really have a problem with them personally and i definately don't hate them. My only critisims is that they choose to be in the gamechanger program, which makes them ea/cg's puppets to a certain degree. They exchanged their integrity for early access and test accounts (read: views). An understandable choice i might add, but still.
    Ofcourse that doesn't mean you can't enjoy their vids, but it's a valid critisism imo. It's certainly something i would like te be aware of.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

I'm definately a hater when it comes to the gamechanger program, but is the shade thrown really unneeded? The whole program is just free advertisement disguised as independent players who just enjoy the game.
    As for the gamechangers themselves, i don't really have a problem with them personally and i definately don't hate them. My only critisims is that they choose to be in the gamechanger program, which makes them ea/cg's puppets to a certain degree. They exchanged their integrity for early access and test accounts (read: views). An understandable choice i might add, but still.
    Ofcourse that doesn't mean you can't enjoy their vids, but it's a valid critisism imo. It's certainly something i would like te be aware of.

Sounds not valid at all.
    More like:They make money out of the same game I play and I don't.
    You can hate whatever you what, but that doesn't make your point valid.

How is it not valid? Simply implying i'm just a jalous hater doesn't make my point less valid. Whether i am a jalous hater or not is also irrelevant to the point i'm making, at most it's the reason why i'm making the point.
    If you really feel like their affiliation with ea/cg doesn't have an impact on their vids then i can understand that you think my point doesn't sound valid at all, otherwise you probably missed the point i was making.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Game changers build connections over time... someone else messages them... usually on discord and tells them about a team that is bugged, or counters Malak, creates an endless loop etc..

But game changers never discover those bugs themselves... they make the video that generates 20k views... but they never discover anything themselves... someone else does and then tells a Game changer. Then the Game changer gets all the credit.

Except for all the times they call out the name of the person that developed a strategy, or found a bug, or whatever. They give credit where it is due all the time. But keep being toxic for no reason. The internet has too much positivity as it is what with all these cute cat videos.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Game changers build connections over time... someone else messages them... usually on discord and tells them about a team that is bugged, or counters Malak, creates an endless loop etc..

But game changers never discover those bugs themselves... they make the video that generates 20k views... but they never discover anything themselves... someone else does and then tells a Game changer. Then the Game changer gets all the credit.

Except for all the times they call out the name of the person that developed a strategy, or found a bug, or whatever. They give credit where it is due all the time. But keep being toxic for no reason. The internet has too much positivity as it is what with all these cute cat videos.

Overreact much? Calling people out for being toxic on the internet is like yelling at a football game.

I’m just pointing out the fact that there are what? Tens of millions of players. The tens of millions of players discover bugs, glitches, obscure loops, etc. not 100 game changers.

“You’re just being toxic” no it’s called math.
    “They always give credit” no, actually they don’t. Facts are not toxic. Just saying. Now move along.
  • Options

That’s not entirely true. They often have laid claim to something when there’s proof otherwise it was given to them from another, even within their own ranks against one another.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Overreact much? Calling people out for being toxic on the internet is like yelling at a football game.

I’m just pointing out the fact that there are what? Tens of millions of players. The tens of millions of players discover bugs, glitches, obscure loops, etc. not 100 game changers.

“They always give credit” no, actually they don’t. Facts are not toxic. Just saying. Now move along.

You said that don't. There is empirical evidence you are wrong. Watch a few, and you can hear them call out people that gave them strategies that they highlight in their videos. So you are being needlessly negative and spreading an easily disprovable lie. So I repeat... you're being toxic.

Do they ALWAYS give credit for EVERYTHING? I can't prove that, so I wouldn't say it. But I don't have a chip on my shoulder, or a false viewpoint I want to push. I'm just pointing out facts. Move along.
  • Options

You said that don't. There is empirical evidence you are wrong. Watch a few, and you can hear them call out people that gave them strategies that they highlight in their videos. So you are being needlessly negative and spreading an easily disprovable lie. So I repeat... you're being toxic.

Do they ALWAYS give credit for EVERYTHING? I can't prove that, so I wouldn't say it. But I don't have a chip on my shoulder, or a false viewpoint I want to push. I'm just pointing out facts. Move along.

Woah, you’re kind of blowing things way out of proportion calm down dude. It’s a papercut... not a mortal wound. Let it go. Don’t need to write in all caps on the internet... that’s just toxic ya know? 😉

Anyways you misunderstood me and started calling me toxic. Go figure. What I was saying was that tens of millions of players find the bugs, endless loops etc. however they don’t make the video that generates sometimes 100k views... who gets the fame, fortune and name ID? The game changer.

Then you start calling me all toxic cuz you misunderstand me? You do this on a daily basis to everyone or am I a special occasion? I don’t call people out for being toxic. I kind of just laugh it off and move on with my day.

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Woah, you’re kind of blowing things way out of proportion calm down dude. It’s a papercut... not a mortal wound. Let it go. Don’t need to write in all caps on the internet... that’s just toxic ya know? 😉

Anyways you misunderstood me and started calling me toxic. Go figure. What I was saying was that tens of millions of players find the bugs, endless loops etc. however they don’t make the video that generates sometimes 100k views... who gets the fame, fortune and name ID? The game changer.

Then you start calling me all toxic cuz you misunderstand me? You do this on a daily basis to everyone or am I a special occasion? I don’t call people out for being toxic. I kind of just laugh it off and move on with my day.

I didn't misunderstand. You're just being dishonest when the truth is easily proved with a few min of your own research. Being needlessly negative and dishonest (or just uninformed) to support your negativity is toxic. I only point that out... when people do that... if I feel like it, and have nothing better to do that moment.

And I don't care what benefits they get from making videos. If you or I wanted to make videos where we read dev posts verbatim, and point out obvious strategies that others find then we could too. But I'm not ambitious enough to do that. But I'm also not going to be dishonest about people who are just to tear them down.

@leef has a pretty legitimate criticism. They have put themselves in a position where their objectivity could be compromised. I'd agree with that. And they absolutely do make money off of common information. But so what. I'm not going to be negative for no reason, and dishonesty accuse them of stealing credit. Own the fact that your said something false instead of deflecting.

And I didn't use all caps. I put two words in caps on purpose because if I was reading them they would require emphasis, but neither of them were insults.
  • Options

I didn't misunderstand. You're just being dishonest when the truth is easily proved with a few min of your own research. Being needlessly negative and dishonest (or just uninformed) to support your negativity is toxic. I only point that out... when people do that... if I feel like it, and have nothing better to do that moment.

And I don't care what benefits they get from making videos. If you or I wanted to make videos where we read dev posts verbatim, and point out obvious strategies that others find then we could too. But I'm not ambitious enough to do that. But I'm also not going to be dishonest about people who are just to tear them down.

@leef has a pretty legitimate criticism. They have put themselves in a position where their objectivity could be compromised. I'd agree with that. And they absolutely do make money off of common information. But so what. I'm not going to be negative for no reason, and dishonesty accuse them of stealing credit. Own the fact that your said something false instead of deflecting.

And I didn't use all caps. I put two words in caps on purpose because if I was reading them they would require emphasis, but neither of them were insults.

No I don’t think you did understand my point. The point wasn’t that Game changers are basically stealing everyone else’s ideas and calling them their own. Which is what you chose to blast as toxic.

The point is that they are phenomenal at making videos... getting 100k views is extraordinary. But am I worried about them finding all these game breaking things and secretly telling no one so they can get a blockbuster video? Not a chance. Ten million other people will find it (math) and quite frankly there’s several non-game changers that are pros at breaking the game... If you had understand my point you would have responded differently.

So the least you could do is apologize. And yes! I accept your apology and yes we can hug it out bro. Glad all that toxic stuff is gone and we’re BFF’s now 😁.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

No I don’t think you did understand my point. The point wasn’t that Game changers are basically stealing everyone else’s ideas and calling them their own.

This is a lie. You did say that. You said they never give credit. They will frequently say that 'this is a common strategy', or 'this is what everyone is doing against X team', or 'shout out to my buddy fill-in-the-blank for discovering this team.' Watch enough, and you'll see that is so. They basically state the obvious for people who don't want to research for themselves.

Rarely do they say, 'this is my strategy that I came up with on my own.' They will often say 'in testing this is what I found worked best.' That is usually part of a discussion where guildmates suggested they try several teams, and they present the results of their personal attempts with each lineup on their test account.

You said in plain English that they steal ideas, and never give credit. That's a lie. It might be true that they have done that at some point. I couldn't say for sure. But it's an easily provable fact that they do give direct credit, or make it obvious they are just presenting common knowledge quite frequently, and I don't need to apologize for pointing that out. You could admit that you were being dishonest, or at the very least exaggerating about calling someone an idea thief.
  • Options

No I don’t think you did understand my point. The point wasn’t that Game changers are basically stealing everyone else’s ideas and calling them their own.

This is a lie. You did say that. You said they never give credit. They will frequently say that 'this is a common strategy', or 'this is what everyone is doing against X team', or 'shout out to my buddy fill-in-the-blank for discovering this team.' Watch enough, and you'll see that is so. They basically state the obvious for people who don't want to research for themselves.

Rarely do they say, 'this is my strategy that I came up with on my own.' They will often say 'in testing this is what I found worked best.' That is usually part of a discussion where guildmates suggested they try several teams, and they present the results of their personal attempts with each lineup on their test account.

You said in plain English that they steal ideas, and never give credit. That's a lie. It might be true that they have done that at some point. I couldn't say for sure. But it's an easily provable fact that they do give direct credit, or make it obvious they are just presenting common knowledge quite frequently, and I don't need to apologize for pointing that out. You could admit that you were being dishonest, or at the very least exaggerating about calling someone an idea thief.

It’s not nice to call your BFF a toxic liar but don’t worry. I forgive you and you are still invited to my birthday in 4 months. Buy me summin nice like a few vaults of crystals and we will be good bro 😁
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

It’s not nice to call your BFF a toxic liar but don’t worry. I forgive you and you are still invited to my birthday in 4 months. Buy me summin nice like a few vaults of crystals and we will be good bro 😁

I didn't say you are a toxic liar. I said you were being toxic, and lying. Saying a person is behaving a certain way in a certain situation is different than claiming that the behavior categorizes them as a person. Most people are negative or untruthful at some time or another. You could say that the game changers make lots of money off of other people's ideas, and you'd be totally right. There are plenty of truthful criticisms in this thread.

But you lied, and got annoyed at someone pointing it out. Not calling you a liar on the whole, or claiming that you are generally dishonest. Just pointing out that you made a false statement to tear down someone. You could say, "yes i overstated my case. What I said wasn't true." That's understandable. Then you could continue with the other valid criticisms. Or just keep deflecting.

• mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    Options
    I can smell the sexual tension above
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Options

I didn't say you are a toxic liar. I said you were being toxic, and lying. Saying a person is behaving a certain way in a certain situation is different than claiming that the behavior categorizes them as a person. Most people are negative or untruthful at some time or another. You could say that the game changers make lots of money off of other people's ideas, and you'd be totally right. There are plenty of truthful criticisms in this thread.

But you lied, and got annoyed at someone pointing it out. Not calling you a liar on the whole, or claiming that you are generally dishonest. Just pointing out that you made a false statement to tear down someone. You could say, "yes i overstated my case. What I said wasn't true." That's understandable. Then you could continue with the other valid criticisms. Or just keep deflecting.

The English language has a range of meaning. Basically I said “I ate, grandma” and you decided to hear “I ate grandma” and proceed to call me a toxic, lying human being.

Me saying that the game breakers, tens of millions of players do all the work, and Game changers get all the credit/glory is the equivalent. I don’t like throwing around words like toxic, liar, or accuse GC of I tentioally stealing others intellectual ideas without giving them props.

But a game breaker will spend tons of hours breaking the game. It’s hard work... then they get a 5 second mention if they do get mentioned... in a 15 minute video that generates the game changer 20k views & money.

So it’s perfectly fine to say a game breaker does all the work and the game changer gets all the credit/glory. Glory and credit are synonyms. Look it up. The English language has a range of meaning. Words have five, six seven different meanings. I’m not saying they are intentionally stealing everyone else’s ideas. Reading comprehension is important.

When I run into this in life I choose to give others the benefit of the doubt. I hear “I ate, grandma” not “I ate grandma”. And I dont proceed to call others grandma-eating scum.

Im afraid the only thing I’m getting you for your birthday are those Mk 1 & 2 ability mats. We can still be BFF’s though.
  • Options
    mr37hat wrote: »
    I can smell the sexual tension above

You have no idea 😆
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    I really did not expect to open a thread about Gamechangers and read this exchange.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

The English language has a range of meaning. Basically I said “I ate, grandma” and you decided to hear “I ate grandma” and proceed to call me a toxic, lying human being.

Me saying that the game breakers, tens of millions of players do all the work, and Game changers get all the credit/glory is the equivalent. I don’t like throwing around words like toxic, liar, or accuse GC of I tentioally stealing others intellectual ideas without giving them props.

But a game breaker will spend tons of hours breaking the game. It’s hard work... then they get a 5 second mention if they do get mentioned... in a 15 minute video that generates the game changer 20k views & money.

So it’s perfectly fine to say a game breaker does all the work and the game changer gets all the credit/glory. Glory and credit are synonyms. Look it up. The English language has a range of meaning. Words have five, six seven different meanings. I’m not saying they are intentionally stealing everyone else’s ideas. Reading comprehension is important.

When I run into this in life I choose to give others the benefit of the doubt. I hear “I ate, grandma” not “I ate grandma”. And I dont proceed to call others grandma-eating scum.

Im afraid the only thing I’m getting you for your birthday are those Mk 1 & 2 ability mats. We can still be BFF’s though.

That was a whole lot of nonsense to avoid what you actually said. You said they never give credit which is a lie. I wouldn't disagree with plenty of other things you said that have nothing to do with anything I said.
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

That was a whole lot of nonsense to avoid what you actually said. You said they never give credit which is a lie. I wouldn't disagree with plenty of other things you said that have nothing to do with anything I said.

My words are out there, unedited for everyone to see. You are misquoting me. Book it!

By the way I do love chocolates and coffee, action movies. Also long walks on the beach 🏖. *added* And vaults of crystals. Just saying.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    Options
    majju1plm2tb.gif
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options

My words are out there, unedited for everyone to see. You are misquoting me. Book it!

By the way I do love chocolates and coffee, action movies. Also long walks on the beach 🏖. *added* And vaults of crystals. Just saying.

You aren't right here man. I see your posts as a sheepish way of backing down from points you made that are untrue. You should just admit that. Move on.
  • JediMath
    15 posts Member
    Options
    IMO the GC program is ****. They are given a test account where they are able to test anything they wish before committing resources giving them an unfair advantage. This is a competitive game where resources are not cheap. I’ve seen streams in the past where GC’s would test comps for a donation so profiting off the the test account. Also as mentioned they don’t even discover the majority of their content so they shouldn’t even be the ones testing.
  • Options
    If you ran a game studio, and you needed free help, and someone to blame if things go wrong what would you do? Yep, thought so.
  • JediMath
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Give everyone a test account who wants one then.
  • Options
    Warrior has talked about how Game changers are getting the silent treatment. Devs will be in whale/kraken chats talking up a storm (the famous “tweet”)... meanwhile the GC discord gets defeating silence. *crickets*

It’s kind of like that employee you can’t really fire but you schedule them less and less hours. And it’s not like it’s accidental or an oversight that CG isn’t communicating with the game changers. It’s calculated. Maybe that’s the elephant in the room CG & Game changers don’t want to talk about.
  • Options
    You would think a EA would want the best of the best in testing etc for a multi BILLION dollar IP.
  • Options
    You would think a EA would want the best of the best in testing etc for a multi BILLION dollar IP.

You totally missed the class on how the freemium model works :) The steps for a "great" freemium game:

1. Obtain IP that has mega fanboys (StarWars, Lotr, GoT, Marvel, DC)
    2. Create marginally fun game with low priced development resources located in 3rd world country.
    3. Spend 10x development dollars in initial marketing.
    4. Tweak game so advancement is frustrating, annoying, and makes the player feel perpetually "behind".
    Ensure players do not have fun unless they are spending or enjoy masochism.
    5. Raise Prices
    6. Release new collection items
    7. Spend minimal dollars on development of content. Copy/paste old content into new content.
    8. Repeat steps 4-7 until game dies.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Best testers would be the ftp
    And dolphins. We’re the ones that find the counters to the new shiny toys right after release of
    The shiny toys. We know how counters are frowned upon after Dr and Malak . Blows my mind GCs and Krakkens are the preferred choice .