mod management

Linoxx
posts Member
I realize this may be beating a dead horse but its really a drag on this game and needs to be addressed. There are some great ideas Ckingera brought up in their post about mod management and other aspects of the game, I highly recommend check it out. My own thoughts just to get a base line and get a larger player base involved in modding and mod management.

#1 most important thing is: when actually sorting mods it would be invaluable to mass level mod groups to a certain level, and to be able to check a box when upgrading a mod that shows its trash, which can then be filtered out later en mass to sell (think kind of like the opposite of the "lock" function). This save players hours of monotonous clicking just to find usable mods.

#2: Being able to sort by non-stats. i.e. if I want to sell all mods that don't have a speed secondary allow players to sort by that absence and sell them.

# 3: The ability to temporarily change the mod load outs for a battle and have them automatically switched back after the battle is over would be a phenomenal step forward.

These would greatly enhance the usability of mods IMO.

Ps. Yes people have probably asked for these before, my intention is not to be a trailblazer but to add to the pressure for good changes in the game. Those of us that want to see these changes need to keep bringing it up to CG and in community discussions.

Replies

• Options
    How about an alert message (which you could turn off in the options menu) that tells you whether any characters are missing mods? It could trigger before a battle or before TW or TB or before you exit the characters menu.
  • KateX
    12 posts Member
    Options
    I love number one. Individually leveling is a pain. And then after being forced to level (and therefore look at) them one at a time, you can't make the decision to sell it right then.

Re #2, I also wanted to filter by not having a speed stat. But the more I think about it, I'm not sure how intuitive the UI could be with 'not' criteria. It feels like I spend half my workday fixing errors related to 'not' for my less-logically-inclined coworkers. Also, there's a fairly simple workaround if you just sort by speed. The mods without a speed stat have 0 speed and will all sort together. I even use that to quickly triage and sell mods with 3 speed that don't seem slice-worthy based on the other secondaries.
  • Options
    I want a “default” loadout. A way to mod every toon they way I want them for TW/TB/GA and move all those with one click. Because even tho I have 90 6* mods I still move around 23-25 of them for my Fleet arena crew and then have to fit them back before TW/GA locks. Add events like Padme that demands trying different mods from random toons and it’s easy to “lose” mods. Once I did Sith Raid and got out from P3 1 minute before GA locked. I didn’t have time to fit every loadout back on my toons.
  • Options
    My big wish is an option to switch mods. Currently you can reassign a mod from one toon to another, I'd like to be able to switch them. I do that a lot when i cycle better speed mods from top toons down.
  • Fade
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Account snapshot. Create a Loadout for every character on your account based on the way it's currently set up and the ability to switch back to that after changing
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    #2... Go to sell screen, sort by speed. Everything with no speed will be listed first.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AV8er
    11 posts Member
    Options
    KateX wrote: »
    I love number one. Individually leveling is a pain. And then after being forced to level (and therefore look at) them one at a time, you can't make the decision to sell it right then.

Re #2, I also wanted to filter by not having a speed stat. But the more I think about it, I'm not sure how intuitive the UI could be with 'not' criteria. It feels like I spend half my workday fixing errors related to 'not' for my less-logically-inclined coworkers. Also, there's a fairly simple workaround if you just sort by speed. The mods without a speed stat have 0 speed and will all sort together. I even use that to quickly triage and sell mods with 3 speed that don't seem slice-worthy based on the other secondaries.

All they need to do is allow us to add more than 3 filters to the secondary stat and that would be the same thing
  • Options
    I'd like to be able to do a mass mod removal, that way I can re mod every good toon without having to take single mods off just mass removal thx
  • KateX
    12 posts Member
    Options
    AV8er wrote: »

All they need to do is allow us to add more than 3 filters to the secondary stat and that would be the same thing

If I understand what you're suggesting, it would not be the same. The secondary filter is an AND. For example, if you check Defense and Defense%, you get only mods with both of those. If you checked everything but speed, nothing would be returned because no mod has that many secondaries. You would need to go through all the combinations of stats in groups of four. At that point, I'm back to sorting by speed as the simpler user experience.
  • AV8er
    11 posts Member
    Options
    AV8er wrote: »

If I understand what you're suggesting, it would not be the same. The secondary filter is an AND. For example, if you check Defense and Defense%, you get only mods with both of those. If you checked everything but speed, nothing would be returned because no mod has that many secondaries. You would need to go through all the combinations of stats in groups of four. At that point, I'm back to sorting by speed as the simpler user experience.

Sorry for the late reply, I dont get on the forums too often.

I see your point.

They should have an 'everything but' option haha
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Squad mod loadouts is all I really want.
This discussion has been closed.