Perspective on CG with recent moves toward PFP and F2P

Prev1
JKR costed cash to get 1st round
It was possible for DR to be free, but unlikely.
DM was a $ toon.
But... apparently CG was throwing F2P a pretty big bone with the recent GR changes and Padme. I can't imagine a G12 modded out Poggle Sun Fac Spy Soldier Grievous team couldn't grab a 7* Padme, and it is very likely people had these toons because of the 3 Genosian ship combo, and for the longest time GG was on everyone's mind for likely to get a rework.

That's pretty much a FTP team that long-time players likely had that could now fight in the top 50.

Ironically and fitting enough, CG allowed Jedi Knight Anakin to bring some balance to the force.

Thanks

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kinda disagree about the bugs. There was absolutely no reason to gear Poggle (though it is a relatively easy gear) and GG turned out to be meh even after the rework, so he was mostly geared up by diehard droid fans. Besides, for tier 7, GG really wants those two medpacks, and that is no small investment.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kinda disagree about the bugs. There was absolutely no reason to gear Poggle (though it is a relatively easy gear) and GG turned out to be meh even after the rework, so he was mostly geared up by diehard droid fans. Besides, for tier 7, GG really wants those two medpacks, and that is no small investment.

If you had the 3 ship Genosians all this time I don't get why you wouldn't have also geared Poggle, 1 of the oldest toons in the game that was actually once meta (Poggle Poe 88 86 HK team).

Then you've had 2 years to work up GG.

I think you are just disagreeing to disagree. CG actually made all of this pretty easy for consistent long-term F2P. I think we are seeing does-not-equal-win syndrome a lot.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

If you had the 3 ship Genosians all this time I don't get why you wouldn't have also geared Poggle, 1 of the oldest toons in the game that was actually once meta (Poggle Poe 88 86 HK team).

I think you are just disagreeing to disagree. CG actually made all of this pretty easy for consistent long-term F2P. I think we are seeing does-not-equal-win syndrome a lot.

I don't understand your point at all. Some people may have had geared geos, but that you "don't get" why somebody would gear one thing and not another is really irrelevant to how f2p friendly an event is. People have all sorts of reasons for making choices, such as the fact that Poggle is useless and there was no reason to waste gear on him. When exactly was this Poggle meta of which you speak and what was the max gear level at that time? Did you gear everybody to 12 who you previously had at 9 or 10 for some ancient meta? If you did then good for you but there's no reason to expect other people would have done so.

I also don't have a clue on what you're basing the assertion that g12 geos would have gotten everybody a 7* Padme since it doesn't appear to be personal experience. And you seem to be starting from the incorrect assumption that JKR and Malak couldn't be obtained for free. So pretty much nothing about this thread makes any sense to me.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Poggle MAY have been useful the 1st month of the games life but gearing him now is fluff and detrimental to success aside from the padme event.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

A character being old doesn't mean that there is a reason to gear them. I don't recall if I actually cared about the meta back then, but even if I did, that would leave Poggle where? G8 - 9? The game has moved since then. And there simply never was a compelling reason to gear GG. It's not about having a reason not to gear them, rather about not having a reason to gear them. Ftp and light spenders can't afford to gear everyone.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    malak was easier to get than padme for me
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • obidrew1
    115 posts Member
    Options
    DM was a $ toon.
    But... apparently CG was throwing F2P a pretty big bone with the recent GR changes and Padme. I can't imagine a G12 modded out Poggle Sun Fac Spy Soldier Grievous team couldn't grab a 7* Padme, and it is very likely people had these toons because of the 3 Genosian ship combo, and for the longest time GG was on everyone's mind for likely to get a rework.

That's pretty much a FTP team that long-time players likely had that could now fight in the top 50.

Ironically and fitting enough, CG allowed Jedi Knight Anakin to bring some balance to the force.

Thanks

Poggle doesnt have a ship. Literally zero reasons why he would be gesred along with the other geonosians. His gesr level didnt matter for the event anyways- people that used him (myself included) only needed off up once to get the ventress train rollin.
    I see your point, but, its moot imo. Padme cant beat Malak consistently. F2P that got Padme are still waiting for a 5th that offers consistent counter to a Malak squad.
  • Options

Yeah theres never really been reason to invest in separatists even after the reworks. Even ahnald couldn't hype that rework
  • Options
    Best part everyone overlooks is GG is not needed to 7* Padmé , Asajj lead does the job also.

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Best part everyone overlooks is GG is not needed to 7* Padmé , Asajj lead does the job also.

I'm guessing it makes it easier though. I had G12 Asajj Sun Face Spy G11 Poggle B2. Came close twice out of a few hundred attempts over three days. I plan on a G12 GG next time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tubie
    8 posts Member
    Options
    I’m more **** off that I had all G12 Sepratists wth decent mods (except B1 and Droideka) and I could only get to 6*.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    malak was easier to get than padme for me
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can’t disagree with you there, the malak event was hard but it wasn’t RNG hard. Took an attempt or 2 to understand the mechanics, and then a few more to get the mechanics lined up and then executed correctly. Padmes event had a kill order and needed debuffs to land but that was about it strategy wise, the rest had a lot of RNG for it

That, and i had already geared my OR characters because they're quite good and i like them, as opposed to the entire separatist factions (hyperbole for dramatic effect).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200329/changes-coming-in-the-next-update#latest

idk what you mean OP

CG was throwing F2P a bone by helping them acquire JKR and DR with 8 node attempts
  • Options
    A big difference between jkr, drev and padme is that padme can be unlocked at 5*. It's unrealistic expectation that you can get a good new toon for nothing. It was incredibly fair to allow her to be unlocked at 5*. I prefer that over an all or nothing approach.
  • Options
    Reptillor wrote: »
    My soldier spy and sunfac g12 with 6 dots. My poggle is g11. I had to zeta gg just to barely beat t5 padme and that was completely rng. Took me about 10x once I zetaed gg.. oh GB is g12 as well

Then you are doing it way wrong,
  • Options
    If your hardcore into tw you would gear poogle
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

I would think that the only Genosian leader with 3 other Genosian pilots would've been enough to just get to g12 after 3 years. Mine is halfway through g11 and I wasn't even trying after his meta days..
    7gjpyq5kbi35.png
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Not a guarantee F2P. I had G11 Poggle (280 speed), G12+3 Sun Fac, Spy, Ventress, and 140% Potency B2. Spent a total of 15 hours trying T7, came really close (one crit hit away) 4 times, but didn't get it.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Same here, the exact same team. Came close twice in about three hours gave up. I'm planning on a G12 GG next time.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Not a guarantee F2P. I had G11 Poggle (280 speed), G12+3 Sun Fac, Spy, Ventress, and 140% Potency B2. Spent a total of 15 hours trying T7, came really close (one crit hit away) 4 times, but didn't get it.

Well, I will be gradually taking my bugs to g12. I got.too much other farming to do and I want.the ships anyway.
  • Options

I would think that the only Genosian leader with 3 other Genosian pilots would've been enough to just get to g12 after 3 years. Mine is halfway through g11 and I wasn't even trying after his meta days..
    7gjpyq5kbi35.png

What do you mean you weren't trying? Like you randomly looked and there was more gear on your poggle than the day before? If so, it means someone else is playing with your phone. Otherwise, you were making a conscious (or drunken) decision to spend gear on poggle that could've been better used for almost anything.
  • Options

7gjpyq5kbi35.png

What do you mean you weren't trying? Like you randomly looked and there was more gear on your poggle than the day before? If so, it means someone else is playing with your phone. Otherwise, you were making a conscious (or drunken) decision to spend gear on poggle that could've been better used for almost anything.

I don't save gear. If I don't see an immediate need I equip it.27rqsv27ux2j.png
    qq0uqxmqhod4.png
    So yeah, I was trying.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Not saving gear is a great way to struggle in GA.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    DM was a $ toon.

Thanks

That's like putting up a FB Luke squad up against a Darth Revan squad. It doesn't make any sense because it's an old and outdated team. So why would you expect g12 geonosians to be able to beat a G12 Zeta'd Padmé squad. It doesnt make any sense. Considering the requirements are also G12. The event is completely F2P as well. Grievous, B2, Asajj, Magna and Dooku have all been in the game for YEARS. B1 makes it harder to beat the event with droideka being the only useful P2P droid in the event. Everyone is literally getting mad that using old, outdated characters to beat new, updated characters makes no sense. It's like throwing paper at glass expecting to break it.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    DM was a $ toon.

Thanks

That's like putting up a FB Luke squad up against a Darth Revan squad. It doesn't make any sense because it's an old and outdated team. So why would you expect g12 geonosians to be able to beat a G12 Zeta'd Padmé squad. It doesnt make any sense. Considering the requirements are also G12. The event is completely F2P as well. Grievous, B2, Asajj, Magna and Dooku have all been in the game for YEARS. B1 makes it harder to beat the event with droideka being the only useful P2P droid in the event. Everyone is literally getting mad that using old, outdated characters to beat new, updated characters makes no sense. It's like throwing paper at glass expecting to break it.

And yet asajj b2 and three geos can beat it, those “old outdated” chars are perfectly capable of pulling it off.
  • Options
    PFP?

let's google "PFP"...

"Picture for proof"

???
  • Options
    If you are talking to me, I have already posted pics in previous threads, And if you would simply search a tiny bit, there were several lengthy threads about beating Padme event.