3v3 territory war cancelled...

Prev13
It looks like from the make good post, which sux for me as I was looking forward to that one the most this month 😢

Replies

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    I’m sure it’ll come later, just have to wait.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    I’m sure it’ll come later, just have to wait.

I don't mind waiting, but the wording "for the foreseeable future" gives me some doubt...
  • Options
    So we are not having it due to interruptions in the last TW? I was looking forward to it. Any other explanations?
  • Indigø
    85 posts Member
    Options
    Man, I was getting ready for it too.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    +1

I was looking forward to it too
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Thank god for that.
  • Options
    Is it cancelled or all future ones were 5v5? I re-read it 3 times and still not sure 3v3 is actually cancelled
  • Options
    Good on them for cancelling a bad idea. Bad on them for having the bad idea to begin with. Now, if only we can have the crap 3v3 GAs removed...
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    I think they gave into the whiners complaining about malak
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I'd be thrilled if they closed TW and buffed the rewards for GA.
  • Draeth
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Booooooooooooooooo.
  • Options
    I for one love 3v3 as an occasional alternative. There's no reason every aspect of the game should be the same 5v5 teams.
  • Options
    I for one love 3v3 as an occasional alternative. There's no reason every aspect of the game should be the same 5v5 teams.

☝️and 5v5 is stale in 7 Gamemodes
  • Options
    I don’t really enjoy 3v3 but I think it’s a good way to break up the same ole same ole.

It is much better than banning toons.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options
    Goku_Black wrote: »
    Is it cancelled or all future ones were 5v5? I re-read it 3 times and still not sure 3v3 is actually cancelled

It’s pretty clear: “we’re planning to run original 5v5 versions for the foreseeable future.” So we’re getting 5 vs. 5 vanilla TWs....no 3 vs. 3.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options
    I’m glad they are getting rid of the TW buffs and ditching the 3 vs. 3, at least for awhile. I really like 3 vs. 3 in GA, but as someone responsible for TW planning and strategy and coordination for my guild, 3 vs. 3 would have been a nightmare to deal with.
  • Options
    I’m glad they are getting rid of the TW buffs and ditching the 3 vs. 3, at least for awhile. I really like 3 vs. 3 in GA, but as someone responsible for TW planning and strategy and coordination for my guild, 3 vs. 3 would have been a nightmare to deal with.

so you just sit around and do nothing then since its 5v5 all the time? And how do you plan for bonuses? 3v3 would be fun to break up the same old same old.
  • Options
    They also kind of sprung the change on tw pretty quick like - hey this is old content it’s just for fun now lol
  • Options
    It would have been total chaos, I was totally looking forward to it
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Aw man, I am pretty much sole strategist in my guild for TW and I was excited for 3v3.

I really want a 4v4 GA because if you’re a theorycrafter/strategist this is what you play for.

Please bring back 3v3 TW and TW buffs. It’s much more fun getting to experiment with super toons and out strategize stronger guilds.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    It looks like from the make good post, which sux for me as I was looking forward to that one the most this month 😢

#ADD6V6
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Coming next: all GA's will be two-zone with one squad per zone and all squad arena teams will be transformed into Revan-led Jedi, thus fulfilling the ancient prophesy of RevanDome! :p
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Well, except for that little detail that most teams and characters are designed, tested and synergize best in 5 person squads....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get why that matters. Adapt.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Really sad to see this and I hope it isn’t because a loud mouthed minority complaining on the forums. 3v3 was by far my favourite GA mode, it allowed you to get creative and find new combination with squads and a welcome break from the old 5v5 battles. I wouldn’t want to remove 5v5 either, is fun to mix it up with both versions. Bad call to limit it to one format.

Edit: just noticed it only applied to TW and not GA. would still have been fun to see mote 3v3 TW too but at least we still have them in gA.
  • Options
    I hate that they canceled it. For those that say the "sprung" it on us, it was a month out, so no. For those that day toons are meant for 5v5 synergy, obviously that's been proven wrong in GA. I'd rather them do that then rehash the same buffs as last month. (Hans, geo ships, Droid buff/nerfs). That was just lazy. Like they ran out of time to think of something different.
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    It was prolly from all the people complaining that they suck at 3v3 and how Malak can’t be beaten or something. Game is full of bad people that complain 24/7.
  • Options
    I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one looking forward to a new challenge! As for some of these other comments...

Anyway, I've found it quite helpful to delegate some of the work of managing TW. I used to do all things TW, but it is way too much for one person in the current state of the game. Now I work with one other and they handle defense and I handle offense.

That's the major complaint I see here other than "3v3 sux, never do it" which isn't really a complaint, just a preference. To that I say "5v5 sux" I actually prefer 3v3. Much more of a challenge to figure out 😁
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    3v3 is a lot of fun. Unless of course someone posts Malak. We all know the issue there.

TW would fail, itd be who has the most malaks. End strategy.

Once there is a hard counter for Malak then my guess is 3v3 TW will happen.

• Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Thank god. This game takes up too much time as it is. Having to plan and organize 50 people for 3v3 was going to be a nightmare. Really hope they never do 3v3 in tw. I don’t like it in GA either but at least in GA I’m just responsible for myself and don’t have to plan and execute a strategy for an entire guild.