Jyn Ideas Cont.

Mirotic
51 posts Member
Someone opened a Jyn thread and it basically stated that they were curious how her leadership interacted w 3p0 and what are some good jyn teams.

I cant find the thread now so here it goes. I share your enthusiasm mystery OP. There are lots of rebels and lots of teams to tinker with. I find if you're using 3p0, cassian is amazing as well as Old Ben.

Now before I go on about how great is let me state that she doesnt stack up well against meta teams like revan and revan. Even having disclosed this, I am sure someone is going to say how not awesome Jyn lead is lol.

It's fun! Very fun! Play around and see what you come up with. My ideal lineup had been rather uninventive (such is life on swgoh these days) but I'll share it anyways.

zJyn (L), CLS, Han, Chew, 3p0

3p0 acts as as a protection healer on this team, his translation spreading triggering jyns leadership mechanic. Han team heals protection with his buff special as well. Have fun!

https://youtu.be/bMNGNk4EleM

Replies

• Options
    Leia is another really fun one. I used to run zJyn, CLS, R2, Leia and Han, but have lately been doing zJyn, Leia, R2, zCass and zK2. I don't suggest their Zetas, though.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are so many good secondary character teams. I’m looking at imperial Trooper squads with a Krennic lead.
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    Options
    oh and as a side note, my personal record for exposes from a jyn lead is 15. impressively against a revan team

jAw9IkA.jpg
  • Options
    OHK?
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    Options
    OHK?

oh yes lol
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Options
    I prefer to keep CLS, Han, Chewy, R2, St Han for a straight up CLS lead team to attack with in TW and GA. But I do use a Zeta Jyn team on defense.

I put Jyn with Leia, Cassian, K2, and Cpt Han. This gives the team 2 revivers. Its not perfect but its a decent roadblock team for defense. I will have to try subbing in C3P0 instead of Cpt Han.
  • Options
    Thanks Mirotic, I was OP think I somehow deleted it when trying to edit lol 😬 nice video good to see it actually works like I thought it would, especially Han’s basic almost insta killing bastila! But one question, before your second attack bastila had 3 exposes, after second attack she had 6 despite no debuffs/damage being applied to her. How does that happen? Think I missed something in the kit, unless C3PO’s confuse has worked on her and me simultaneously??

Also, buccs’ comment on leia gave me the thought that Ezra calling leia to assist could put 5 initial exposes on an enemy before jyns lead even kicks in so you’d deal 100% health already, without the actual damage or further exposes. Although han chewie cls is probably more survivable leia Ezra old Ben would be more accessible (I don’t have cls or chewie) and give potential 2 teams for GA or TW if this one proves to be at a decent enough level.

I think this shows why a mass assist would be so deadly and cool to do with jyn 3po. I don’t have the chars yet, but if you could get GK for example calling a mass assist then 3po calling one the exposes would be outrageous. However, would need someone to test if jyn’s leader works with a non rebel calling the assist (I imagine not as it is their turn) or if only 3po’s would work - unless there are any rebel mass assist chars I’ve forgotten about?

(Cheers for the follow up post, sorry for long reply but took me all day thinking to get to this team lol)
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    Options
    SheevDaddy wrote: »
    Thanks Mirotic, I was OP think I somehow deleted it when trying to edit lol 😬 nice video good to see it actually works like I thought it would, especially Han’s basic almost insta killing bastila! But one question, before your second attack bastila had 3 exposes, after second attack she had 6 despite no debuffs/damage being applied to her. How does that happen? Think I missed something in the kit, unless C3PO’s confuse has worked on her and me simultaneously??

Also, buccs’ comment on leia gave me the thought that Ezra calling leia to assist could put 5 initial exposes on an enemy before jyns lead even kicks in so you’d deal 100% health already, without the actual damage or further exposes. Although han chewie cls is probably more survivable leia Ezra old Ben would be more accessible (I don’t have cls or chewie) and give potential 2 teams for GA or TW if this one proves to be at a decent enough level.

I think this shows why a mass assist would be so deadly and cool to do with jyn 3po. I don’t have the chars yet, but if you could get GK for example calling a mass assist then 3po calling one the exposes would be outrageous. However, would need someone to test if jyn’s leader works with a non rebel calling the assist (I imagine not as it is their turn) or if only 3po’s would work - unless there are any rebel mass assist chars I’ve forgotten about?

(Cheers for the follow up post, sorry for long reply but took me all day thinking to get to this team lol)

so to respond to your question of why the exposes climbed without anyone adding debuffs, I'm not sure but I think it's either not working as intended or I dont understand the leader mechanics.

say the opponent has 4 exposes for example. it seems that everytime you take a turn, the exposes have a chance to multiply. and I'm not sure but I think if they have other debuffs those too have a chance to turn into more exposes
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    Options
    oh, I just re-read it and now it makes sense. so the way its worded is "if an opponent suffers a debuff during a rebel allied turn, 50% chance to expose" so it must proc the expose chance per debuff and everytime a rebel takes a turn. neat
  • Options
    So are you saying after every rebels turn half the debuffs on them, new and old turn into more exposes? That is surely broken 😂 I’ll have a play with it in a minute. Also the assist caller def needs to be rebel, so do you know of any rebel mass assist callers? I know 3po does if you spread translation but think that’s it... hopefully if this stays a low key team devs might accidentally release one in future
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    Options
    I love Jyn Erso and I'm a huge fan of Rogue One!!! I recently unlocked Bodi which is ok but I would have preferred Jyn. Jyn Erso's character arc is more fascinating than Rey. George
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    Options
    SheevDaddy wrote: »
    So are you saying after every rebels turn half the debuffs on them, new and old turn into more exposes? That is surely broken 😂

yes precisely. but I dont think its necessarily broken because of the way its worded. but yes, it feels broken lol.

• Options
    Here's how 3PO and Jyn work. 3PO's expose happens instantly, but Jyn's lead still tracks it as having happened. Since 3PO's mass attack with a bunch of rebels has a 50% chance per attack to expose on basic, but the attacks are happening simultaneously, some of them get "popped" by the mass attack and are hard to register as having happened. At the end of the turn, Jyn's lead does a 50/50 roll for each debuff (which of course includes the exposes) and then exposes the unit that got debuffed if the 50/50 roll is a success. Again, 3PO's exposes happen instantly, Jyn's exposes happen at the end of the turn.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    q122eomyqd8o.jpg

Very interesting idea, currently running this as an attacking team in TW/GA, will sub Pao when my C3PO is gold.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Why not to use Bistan?

He basically scales with many special attacks and exposes which this team definitely has got.

Last spot can be c3, scarif, resistance trooper and many more...for certain combos this will definitely be enough to instant wipe one right at the start of the battle.