Please, make omegas more accessible

Prev1
518 posts Member
Dear CG,

As it turns out, I have many zetas on the side thanks to everything you have done to make them more accessible. But as new characters are released, kits are reworked and abilities added to characters, there is a huge omega crunch.
I know I'm not just speaking for myself by saying this, but honestly, with all that happened, people are in huge need of it.
If I want to zeta my all GR team, I need more than 60 omegas. The irony though, is that I have all the zetas required, I'm just lacking omegas.
And now that we have Dooku and Nute coming, it's worse. I'm sure it won't stop there and that's what unfortunate.

So please, make sure that we can earn more.

In that perspective, we could do few things :
- Add omegas in the last tier of a mythic event after the first time, like mythic battle in Assault event. And please, add a mythic tiers for 3PO, Chewie, Chimera and HMF.
- Make sure that we get 3 for sure with the challenge.
- If we don't get zeta's from the ship's challenge, we get omegas for 100%.
- Increase omega's from omega's event.
- Give zetas AND omegas as GA rewards.

That way, players would be able to perform in a better way.

Thanks for your time,

Have fun.

Replies

• TVF
    36804 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Omegas are in the rewards for GA already...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Re upping the omega challenge isn’t bad if you’re in a pinch.

But if you’re spending purp you should buy the packs when they are around.

518 posts Member
    Options

Problem is, I have 1k of purple as I seem to drop them a lot but omegas are far beyond that reach.
    I would buy them from ships as I have plenties zeta but it doesn't seem a nice deal considering you get 1 for 1k5 currency. Drop rate from GW is extremely rare too.
  • Options
    Guest wrote: »

Problem is, I have 1k of purple as I seem to drop them a lot but omegas are far beyond that reach.
    I would buy them from ships as I have plenties zeta but it doesn't seem a nice deal considering you get 1 for 1k5 currency. Drop rate from GW is extremely rare too.

Yep. The thing that makes this equal for all is that it is terrible for all. Zeta importance grows as arena teams and new teams require multiple zetas to fully function.
    We do have an increase in omegas with some mythic tier of events. I know that’s not enough but it is designed this way.

There won’t be an omega increase until there is probably an increase in zetas which means there will be alphas or betas or something like that.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    I would agree that it could be seen not as an urgent need but if we take the case of padme, she needs 40 zetas, a material described as "extremely rare" and 38 omegas in total, abilities included. Yet, it's only a "rare material".
    The point is, it's "easier" to get an extremely rare material than a "rare material" and I wish I could say it's okay but I can't.
    Now I get your point and I understand that it doesn't have to be done but it would bring more comfort to the player base if this could be somehow fixed.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I’d love to get more of them too!

But I’m pretty sure that the devs are fully aware of the crunch and that it is intentional. They want us to have to make tough choices in gearing and to have incentive to buy the omega packs when they are available.
  • Fredy5
    330 posts Member
    Options
    You want to have more Omega ?
    Just wait for the pack and buy it.
    Don't expect anything else ...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

for the ones who dont' finish in last
  • TVF
    36804 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Not everyone can get everything.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

no but everyone can get something
  • TVF
    36804 posts Member
    Options

They already do.
  • EdSolo
    425 posts Member
    Options
    I think the problem is adding so many zetas across all the toons. Since the zeta ability requires 10 to 16 omegas, that is where the real crunch happens. I finally got to the point that I upgraded all my toons to pre-omega maximums to I could finally hoard MK III purple mats. In order to omega everything, I still need like 800 omegas. Granted, all these toons don't need max abilities, but when you are constantly saving for the next zeta, it is really hard to even omega an ability here or there.
  • kurtisblow
    88 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I think a good solution would be to add a 4th tier to Omega battles events that is more difficult and awards 3 omega mats. Makes that event more interesting and increases (modestly) the availability of the mats by around 20 per month. Seems like a win for players and devs, especially if it’s a hard enough event to prompt some additional gear investments. (All credit to GNP on that idea, btw)
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Once I changed from getting all zetas from fleet store to one zeta and one omega at the same time, my omega troubles disappeared. I still have to be conservative with them, like I do with zetas, but I can pretty much outfit whoever I want.

Think I'm currently at around 120 zetas and 170 omegas. That ratio probably favors zetas a bit, but I did just drop omegas for OR wave two and some Seps.
  • Options
    The problem is that zeta abities aren't anywhere near as game changing as before and basically act as omegas.... You now need 13 omegas (and zetas) for that unit to be viable, not great but simply viable.
  • mali3538
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Well, yeah they should be more accessible, but so far with all drops, only thing i see as bad is that omega drop in cantina...that is just bad, two heroes (VETS) to 7* and only one omega...that is roughly 1 drop out of 1800 sims...why is it evene there?!?....and when you have this situation rest seems pretty good drops...
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

7500 for a full Omega, 40000 for a Zeta. Just buy the darn Omega mats already.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

7500 for a full Omega, 40000 for a Zeta. Just buy the darn Omega mats already.

19500 for the omega part of a zeta... For some reason you're acting like the omega crunch is due to abilities that cost 5 omegas
  • TVF
    36804 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    It is though. People get in an omega crunch because they spend 5 omegas on each of their toons' non-zeta abilities.

I ran JKR in arena with a missing omega on Bastila (the dispel/stun one) because it only added damage. She wasn't there for that. 5 extra omegas in my pocket. There's lots of examples of that, especially for non-arena toons. Suddenly I don't have an omega crunch.
  • Kilker
    31 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    The omega crunch is pretty much in line with the gear crunch. By the time I have a character to g11 and worthy of omegas, I usually have a stock pile. Also, I know the omegas from fleet shop don’t have the same perceived value as the zetas, but it’s worth it if omegas are what you’re stuck on.

I hate using guild currency on the gold eyeball salvage that drops from Tarkin challenge, but sometimes it’s necessary.
  • Options
    Meh...it is what is. I want more omegas too but it's not huge deal.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

They already do.

you win this time..... but like the ripper said in Last Action Hero...

I'lllllllll beeeeeee baccccckkk
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    The problem is that zeta abities aren't anywhere near as game changing as before and basically act as omegas.... You now need 13 omegas (and zetas) for that unit to be viable, not great but simply viable.

true

but not zeta'ing horrible abilites let's you Omega the abilites that are better than zetas

Let's see TVF top that bwhaaahahah
  • Options
    It is though. People get in an omega crunch because they spend 5 omegas on each of their toons' non-zeta abilities.

I ran JKR in arena with a missing omega on Bastila (the dispel/stun one) because it only added damage. She wasn't there for that. 5 extra omegas in my pocket. There's lots of examples of that, especially for non-arena toons. Suddenly I don't have an omega crunch.

Agreed..there are a lot of omega skills that sound impress but adds little to the overall abilities of the character. I irks me to no end that I have a bunch of characters with there little red circle reminding me that they need omegas but I look at them and realize why I have not finished them.
  • TVF
    36804 posts Member
    Options

true

but not zeta'ing horrible abilites let's you Omega the abilites that are better than zetas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se7csr5LZgU
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

Exactly. I have a backlog of non-essentisl omegas, some of which I will get to eventually and some I probably never will. And that's okay. I focus my resources on the omegas and zetas which will benefit me the most and spend my fleet credit accordingly.

Frankly I have far more serious backlogs on gear components like Carbantis which are crucial to a toon's combat power but I focus my resources there too and I am slowly working through them.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se7csr5LZgU

I hate you now...that song will be in my head all day (not the rap song but the)...... "the most popular girl...the most popular girl...the most popular girl.... I crushed hard on those two when teen witch was released

I'm getting pwnd in this thread and the fail on my part is growing
  • Options
    Dear CG,

As it turns out, I have many zetas on the side thanks to everything you have done to make them more accessible. But as new characters are released, kits are reworked and abilities added to characters, there is a huge omega crunch.
    I know I'm not just speaking for myself by saying this, but honestly, with all that happened, people are in huge need of it.
    If I want to zeta my all GR team, I need more than 60 omegas. The irony though, is that I have all the zetas required, I'm just lacking omegas.
    And now that we have Dooku and Nute coming, it's worse. I'm sure it won't stop there and that's what unfortunate.

So please, make sure that we can earn more.

In that perspective, we could do few things :
    - Add omegas in the last tier of a mythic event after the first time, like mythic battle in Assault event. And please, add a mythic tiers for 3PO, Chewie, Chimera and HMF.
    - Make sure that we get 3 for sure with the challenge.
    - If we don't get zeta's from the ship's challenge, we get omegas for 100%.
    - Increase omega's from omega's event.
    - Give zetas AND omegas as GA rewards.

That way, players would be able to perform in a better way.

Thanks for your time,

Have fun.

also events that gives omegas are mega nerfed... its was like 30 days, now its sometimes 2 months...
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    i really think there needs to be a few more omega's dropped as well, many ways to do this hopefully they'll consider 1. most needed is ga reward increase, like 1st going from 3 to 4or 5. the other probably is the omega battles, which should go from 1 to 2. oh and please do fix the way too high price in fleet store, it should b 500, or even 1000, 1500 is absurd

Post edited by jayjonbeach on
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Why are you so cheap? You can refresh omega battles.