What does the traffic jam in arena mean to you?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I'm a CLS player stuck in a Sea of JKR! My avg rank is 200-400 and as you can imagine being only one of a very small number that doesn't run JKR I get battered overnight. I then have to sit refreshing for ages to find the odd Palp or Bastila team I can take on to climb. I CAN beat some Revan teams depending on Mods and Gear etc but those days are getting further and further behind me as more Revan teams get geared up.

Arena sucks. Has done for quite sometime and if it wasn't for the crystals I would literally retreat twice for dailies and leave it at that.
    Would be helpful if Fleet had better Crystal payouts; being limited to the top 50 makes being any other rank outside of that pretty obsolete. Again though, HT and the Falcon have put pay to any diversity in fleet too.

Guild and GA is where it's at for me. That and the addiction to collecting characters.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    drop to 100 climb to 1 time intensive :(

lol crystal wise arena is break even for me with refreshes... guess I"m doing it for the shard shop currency lol

Can take 1 and 1... always on bottom of GA cause of fluff :(

Ships should literally be in every GA or the majority IMO (yeah i have a good fleet) not so much for any kind of advantage I'd still lose...but because WE HAVE SHIPS.... let us use the stinking things
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    I only do 2 matches a day and stay in top 50, really dont even care about that.

Sadly, there's not even a need to do more. Everything is decided by mods, so the arena has become incredibly static. I rarely move more than 10 places in either way.

Oh I can move more than that, I just dont care too.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    I only do 2 matches a day and stay in top 50, really dont even care about that.

Sadly, there's not even a need to do more. Everything is decided by mods, so the arena has become incredibly static. I rarely move more than 10 places in either way.

Oh I can move more than that, I just dont care too.

In a nutshell, this seems to be the growing sentiment in game. The motivation is lacking. Motivating players to put forth effort, etc, is not evident. Burnout is taking it's toll.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly squad arena should go, GA should become faster paced with increased rewards for squad arena being gone. I enjoy using all of my roster and not having to use meta all the time. Nice to be able to use a droid squad or ewoks and win.
  • Options
    Honestly squad arena should go, GA should become faster paced with increased rewards for squad arena being gone. I enjoy using all of my roster and not having to use meta all the time. Nice to be able to use a droid squad or ewoks and win.

+1000000000000000000
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Yea, no thanks.
    I do like playing GA more than i like playing arena, but moving the rewards form arena to GA and scrapping the mode entirely is going to cause more problems than it solves.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    6Delara6 wrote: »
    Loving current meta. On good day drop to top 5. On bad drop to 15. I do have dr and malek. With some creativity I can beat much faster teams. Those that complain this is a mod based meta should do some theorycrafting. There are work arounds.

I'm also 100% f2p. There is another 100% f2p on my shard and about 8 others who have spent <$100 that are reaching top spots. We have a small handful who have shared they have spent over 20k on this game. Those that complain should
    1. spend time getting better
    2. Become p2w
    3. Stop complaining, or
    4. Find a new hobby that is enjoyable

which theorycraft teams don't require faster toons?

and if you mean people complaining in general, sure (I did lol at #3). If you mean complaining about the speed meta, your list doesn't apply
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Yea, no thanks.
    I do like playing GA more than i like playing arena, but moving the rewards form arena to GA and scrapping the mode entirely is going to cause more problems than it solves.

Nah, everyone loves GA and thinks it's perfect. I can't imagine there being any complaints if rewards were moved to GA.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Keeping my head above 1000 and pretty pleased about that. Original Trilogy Rebels beating on most Phoenix teams with extreme prejudice.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

In theory I'm all for this. Arena is just a stagnant quagmire of mirror matches and I seriously doubt that anyone at the top end is actually enjoying it, and rather is just playing because it's "necessary" to accumulate free crystals and get arena coins for shardshop/credits.

In practice, it'd make a lot of people really mad because they've spent a ton of resources honing that one meta squad to a razor edge, and you can't really "speed up" GA without screwing people in certain time zones.

There was mention of GA "leagues" at one point, with multiple weeklong GA events comprising a "season" where your win record would determine prizes at the end. I'm really hoping that gets implemented, because it would make my favorite PVP mode even better.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• dogwelder79
    1487 posts Member
    Options
    Arena has always been the most boring part of the game for me. The revans only made it worse. Most of the times I don't bother to finish the fight.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

In theory I'm all for this. Arena is just a stagnant quagmire of mirror matches and I seriously doubt that anyone at the top end is actually enjoying it, and rather is just playing because it's "necessary" to accumulate free crystals and get arena coins for shardshop/credits.

In practice, it'd make a lot of people really mad because they've spent a ton of resources honing that one meta squad to a razor edge, and you can't really "speed up" GA without screwing people in certain time zones.

There was mention of GA "leagues" at one point, with multiple weeklong GA events comprising a "season" where your win record would determine prizes at the end. I'm really hoping that gets implemented, because it would make my favorite PVP mode even better.

I'm enjoying it, actually.

The most fun I had was with CLS during the JKR meta, but before JKR came back. It was a lot of fun theorycrafting and mod tweaking to a point where I could consistently beat JKR and get to the top 10, if not 1.

With that said, I got knocked back pretty far and had to do a lot of battles (some days more than 10). And when JKR came back, I had to switch to him too, because with CLS I was getting hit back way too far. So then I'm running JKR mirror matches, and that was awful.

Now I can get to first with no refreshes, maybe one depending on the day. The battles are fast, win or lose (90% win). Given a choice between that JKR meta experience after everyone got him, and my current meta experience, I'm having a lot more fun now.
  • Options
    PVP has killed more games than any other content in my opinion. Couple that with the SWGOH version being Player vs AI. Online games think user generated content is great, little or no oversight, let the players have at eachother. IMHO Arena and Galactic War should be scrapped. The majority of the players here simm GW, any pretty much anything they can. Lately anyone 50 to 100 and beyond in the Arena, enter, retreat, rinse and repeat. To be honest, I think the game is past fixing and headed to EOL.
  • Options
    PVP has killed more games than any other content in my opinion. Couple that with the SWGOH version being Player vs AI. Online games think user generated content is great, little or no oversight, let the players have at eachother. IMHO Arena and Galactic War should be scrapped. The majority of the players here simm GW, any pretty much anything they can. Lately anyone 50 to 100 and beyond in the Arena, enter, retreat, rinse and repeat. To be honest, I think the game is past fixing and headed to EOL.

PvP is literally the driving force for the game...there is no reason to have a meta without PvP.
  • Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »

PvP is literally the driving force for the game...there is no reason to have a meta without PvP.

Opinions vary, it's failing here miserably imho.
  • Options

Opinions vary, it's failing here miserably imho.

You can have that opinion but it literally funds the game. The only reason why people go after the meta is so they can beat other players...without PvP (especially arena), there is no reason for anyone to try that hard.

The game has had arena from the beginning...how is it failing all of a sudden?
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Pretty sure that people at the top are enjoying it and the crystal payout...I have been there for like two years and I enjoy clashing with those at the very top because they work at getting their team and I have something to shoot for.

What was frustrating was everyone in the top 100 having JKR and having to fight through 10 fights in which the mods are largely irrelevant.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    You can dislike the game but that doesn't mean it's dying.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Was rank #11 now #56 MIC DROP

3a5j7n95ooyk.png

And where did I say it was dying?
  • Options

Was rank #11 now #58. MIC DROP

Like how exactly are you ranking them? Are you expecting a 4 year old game to be at the same level now as it was 4 years ago?

Seems to do fine: https://sensortower.com/ios/us/electronic-arts/app/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes/921022358/overview

Again...PvP has been around since the beginning of the game...what is different about it now?
  • Options

Like how exactly are you ranking them? Are you expecting a 4 year old game to be at the same level now as it was 4 years ago?

Seems to do fine: https://sensortower.com/ios/us/electronic-arts/app/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes/921022358/overview

Again...PvP has been around since the beginning of the game...what is different about it now?

Posted where I got the number.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    And where did I say it was dying?
    To be honest, I think the game is past fixing and headed to EOL.

• Options

You understand that those rankings change on a daily basis right? The game jumps up whenever something new is offered and then goes down...same for other games.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

You understand that those rankings change on a daily basis right? The game jumps up whenever something new is offered and then goes down...same for other games.

Absolutely. Wouldn't a steady position be better? Go you one better, the mobile version of Google Play shows different rankings then the browser lol. But I do not put much faith in revenue sites because I doubt EA releases their earnings, other than quaterly etc.
  • Options

Absolutely. Wouldn't a steady position be better? Go you one better, the mobile version of Google Play shows different rankings then the browser lol. But I do not put much faith in revenue sites because I doubt EA releases their earnings, other than quaterly etc.

Google Play basically measures downloads per day...which is not the best barometer for a 4 year old game. Net revenue is much more important.

But again, do you really think that you have some insight into the financial aspects of the game that EA/CG does not have?
  • Options

Google Play basically measures downloads per day...which is not the best barometer for a 4 year old game. Net revenue is much more important.

But again, do you really think that you have some insight into the financial aspects of the game that EA/CG does not have?

Lol.. going in circles.. later man..
  • Options
    Kyno you can close this.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno you can close this.

Shouldn't we just get back to the topic (traffic jam in arena)?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno you can close this.

This discussion has been closed.