Major Suggestion for Grand Arena

Prev1
I love GA, it's my favorite part of the game but it has 2 major downfalls.
Firstly the cheating, I report about 1 in 10 fights so that's my best guess of how much cheating is going on (10%).
Secondly it really punishes the collectors. At 4.5m GP level I've played against those who have every toon unlocked, level 85 and minimum G8; while I've also played against people who have a quarter of their roster at level 1.

So my suggestion is a handicap system; if you win GA then you get a 10% 'bonus' to your GP for next GA, players 2-4 get a 3% 'bonus', players 5-7 get negative 3% 'bonus' while the last player gets negative 10% bonus.
For example if you are at 100k GP and win GA then you will fight the next GA as if you were 110k (that's assuming that you didn't increase your GP at all between GA's).

As for those that 'tank' the system to go down GP there would be no reason as you have lost more potential rewards by tanking in the first place.
Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.

Replies

• Options
    Grand Arena Championships will effectively do the same.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Wow 10% report on cheating.. the game would go down if that many are cheating.
  • Options
    1 in 10 cheating? Sounds more like a poor sport to me
  • Options
    I'm guessing you're just salty at least 1/10 people 1 shot your whole defence
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Let's see your roster please. Will give us an idea of how likely it is that 10% of your opponents cheat.
  • 6Delara6
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, GA should be setup so that those that win get penalized and those that lose rewarded. Forget about roster development or resource management, lets all share turns in winning.

I'm 100%f2p, 4.7gp, win ga about 70% of time. Most of my opponents have spent money on game but I'm not going to complain they have an advantage. Instead I focus on strategic improvements that help me build a competetive roster.

:s
  • Masteree
    44 posts Member
    Options
    How you come conclusion your opponents cheating? Last ga one of my opponents accused me of cheating because his teams were never been one shoted.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I always wondered why LD has such a huge backlog....
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Larry David?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I think the easiest way to even up GA match making would be to have a simpleish set of rules for an adjusted matchmaking GP on each character, such as:

1. The first 2,000 GP for each toon does not count towards the adjusted total.
    2. GP over 10,000 counts as double.

This would end up with an 8k toon weighted as 6k GP and a 25k toon as 38k. I think having a top end char count as 6 or 7 g8 chars instead of 4 would fix a lot of the matchmaking issues.
  • Options
    As an alternative to ignoring gp of toons, why not add a collection bonus. Every attacker over 6K adds a% offence. Every tank over 6k adds b% defence, every healer over 6k adds c% hp and every support over 6k adds d% speed. This bonus could be applied in GA only, or in all game modes to reward those players who collect a diverse roster.
  • Options
    So, I get that everyone’s upset that you’re not “rewarded” for developing your entire roster (mine is far from lean), but rather than punishing people for winning, why don’t we just give tiered rewards, like in TW? If you can get more omegas and splicing mats for winning in a higher GP bracket, that would help offset a lot.
  • NasRegal
    142 posts Member
    Options
    How about nominating useable toons?
    I have to place 7 teams on defence, so I need 14 teams for both offence/defence, 70 toons in total.
    So you nominate 70 toons you wish to use and that's your GP.
    Yes I'm proposing you'll have to solo shot each team to clear the board, or be more strategic with your defence, while maximising your offence.
  • Options
    This isn’t baseball cards — the object isn’t to “collect them all.”

The object is to collect toons, DEVELOP them, and WIN with them in battles.

I’m sure your collection is a nice resource to your guild in TB platoons. But beyond that, it means squat.

Also add me to the chorus that thinks the collector here is getting beat in his matches fair and square.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Let's start here:
    Reports of cheating =/= actual cheating.

After that, I am holding all judgement on match making until we see how GAC plays out
  • Options
    This isn’t baseball cards — the object isn’t to “collect them all.”

The object is to collect toons, DEVELOP them, and WIN with them in battles.

I’m sure your collection is a nice resource to your guild in TB platoons. But beyond that, it means squat.

Also add me to the chorus that thinks the collector here is getting beat in his matches fair and square.

Well, much of the "collections" are collected loooooooong before GA, GW and some even before guilds, newer players just don't get it how to hit HPit and HAAT by multiple squads devided for stages... but teaching old players how to develop rosters right way (facepalm)
    We KNOW HOW TO but can't de-activate, ungear or downlvl those toons
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    For those who complain about the matchmaking, I have a serious question.
    What percentage of your matches do you estimate are lost due to your own “roster bloat”?
    I’m honestly curious.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    For those who complain about the matchmaking, I have a serious question.
    What percentage of your matches do you estimate are lost due to your own “roster bloat”?
    I’m honestly curious.

They'll claim close to 100%.
  • Options
    I suspect many people of cheating but have only reported 1. The player managed to get max points against my meta fleet (#1 arena). Their fleet was not only non-meta but it was 52k less GP than mine.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I suspect many people of cheating but have only reported 1. The player managed to get max points against my meta fleet (#1 arena). Their fleet was not only non-meta but it was 52k less GP than mine.

This is not at all indicative of someone cheating. Sure, they might be cheating, but non-meta can beat meta, and 52k difference could mean anything. Maybe they use a lot of single pilot ships, which reduces GP. Maybe they don't have a full bench for some reason.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

This is not at all indicative of someone cheating. Sure, they might be cheating, but non-meta can beat meta, and 52k difference could mean anything. Maybe they use a lot of single pilot ships, which reduces GP. Maybe they don't have a full bench for some reason.

You're right, he was probably the one person in the entire world who figured out how to beat a ****/HT meta with a non meta hodgepodge and to do so without losing a single ship. I will find him and apologize for being unreasonable.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

You're right, he was probably the one person in the entire world who figured out how to beat a ****/HT meta with a non meta hodgepodge and to do so without losing a single ship. I will find him and apologize for being unreasonable.

There's posts all over the forum about how to beat the Falcon/HT lineup without your own Falcon.
  • Options

There's posts all over the forum about how to beat the Falcon/HT lineup without your own Falcon.

That certainly explains the meta diversity
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Actually, you not knowing about it explains the meta diversity.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Actually, the fact that it's "most effective" explains it.

But otherwise I agree.
  • Options
    1- the guy didn't have the neccessary counters reasonably geared
    2- you are still ignoring the fact that he managed a perfect score.
    Do you honestly believe that he ran a significantly undergeared team against a meta and didn't lose a single ship? Heck, I finish #1 daily and almost never win flawless victories. I probably should get gud.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Actually, the fact that it's "most effective" explains it.

But otherwise I agree.

Let's reframe this arguement to squad arena. CLS can counter JKR. A CLS team with 0 zetas and 0 g12 WILL NOT counter a max JKR team no matter how feverishly you claim it can.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe you should post some screenshots. You have been very vague on the details of the two squads so far....why?