Countering Rey

Got 6 pages in and couldn't find any topics on this. Facing a dang 7 star gear 8 level 70 Rey in GW. How the heck am I supposed to counter this crap? She can one shot any of my Level 67-68, 7 star, gear 8 toons, even the tanks. In arena, that's not a game killer. I can scrape out a victory most of the time, but in GW, losing a powerful toon in the first hit guarantees you will lose another pretty quickly, and there is no way to get out without losing a third. 3 of your top squad dead means GW is over for the day. Even if you manage the victory. And I'm not using low Health high damage toons.

The new GW matching isn't working out well for me. Constantly being matched up with significantly higher powered teams.

Is there anything you can do other than wait until tomorrow and hope you don't get paired up with Rey again?

Replies

• Options
    Correction, she's just 5 stars, and still did 9k damage to my Sid, one-shot kill.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Send in a suicide squad to soak her specials if your A-Team can't focus her soon enough.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Kill her with GS?
  • Options
    If you don't have fast characters that can kill her before she moves, use a suicide squad. You can also try setting QGJ as leader so that you can kill her before she moves.
  • Options
    Kylo Ren is good against Rey. I feel your pain in GW. They think that the harder you work for it, the more rewarding it will be. (Or its in their buisness plan to maximize profits)
  • Options
    Hi @Bakhtosh

There are multiple ways you can handle this. First off, do you use suicide squads? You can send in suicide squads to soak up the specials of a really tough match up. In this case, you should be able to have her waste one of her two specials on a level 1 character. However, if they have Sid, he may AOE attack all of them.

If you have a leader with evasion, you can try and put them in the leader slot and you maybe luck out on RNG and have her miss when attacking you while you can focus her down.

Another option is keep switching up your main group and it's order to try and get a good sequence of events. Don't be scared to retreat to start the battle over.

You wouldn't happen to have Royal Guard would you? He can help.

However, since you are not at level 70, it might not be possible at this point if you don't have enough backups.

Good luck and don't let this demotivate you!
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    You need to stun her before she gets too move
  • Options
    If you can't move before her, you probably won't beat her. Any debuff you can get in her will reduce her damage output. If you have Dooku you can stun, QGJ can assist kill her, same with GS.

Otherwise send in the suicide squad or rotate your lineup leaders to get a dodge on her attack. Lumi and Dooku both offer evasion bonuses.
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Use sid demoralizing blow.. he usually goes first before Rey..

Rey's weakness is debuff, which takes away roughly 20% of her offense.. glhf
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Use sid demoralizing blow.. he usually goes first before Rey..

Rey's weakness is debuff, which takes away 20
  • Options
    What Raven said works
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Speed up your team, use QGJ as leader and kill her before she moves.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Just kill her
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Get Old Daka and revive whom ever she kills after you kill her
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    Get your own Rey, of course!
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Stun with Dooku, then knock her out before she can move. Since it's GW you can retreat and just keep trying till RNG gives you the stun you're looking for.
    Geo soldier and QGJ are also faster than her, and can one-shot her with a good assist.
    If you don't have them, then suicide squad is probably your best bet.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    I sniped #1 who had a 7* Rey. I run a HK who is pretty tanky. Rey hit him, didn't knock him out. Once HK was able to throw his AOE Rey had a negative buff and wasn't an issue
  • Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    Hi @Bakhtosh

There are multiple ways you can handle this. First off, do you use suicide squads? You can send in suicide squads to soak up the specials of a really tough match up. In this case, you should be able to have her waste one of her two specials on a level 1 character.

The Ai doesnt do that anymore. Against weak characters, they just use their regular attack.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    ichotolot wrote: »
    Harmonica wrote: »
    Hi @Bakhtosh

There are multiple ways you can handle this. First off, do you use suicide squads? You can send in suicide squads to soak up the specials of a really tough match up. In this case, you should be able to have her waste one of her two specials on a level 1 character.

The Ai doesnt do that anymore. Against weak characters, they just use their regular attack.

Not true. Just watched a level 70, 7*, g8 Sid use his AOE against my suicide squad of level 40 toons in green and gray gear.