Looking for GMY Modding/Slicing advice from Veteran Players

Ok, so I keep reading a lot of conflicting opinions on how to mod GMY. Right now mine is under a Bastila lead, but that will switch to JKR (I will get him when he comes back). I see a lot of Discussion on Speed/Potency/CC/Offense. Right now I'm using Offense/CC mods. My specific question: Which of the two arrows below should I use/slice?

oydqkcgwgow3.png

My GMY's current speed is 234 with the Offense primary arrow equipped. Should I stick with this arrow and slice it to 6E or focus on the Speed primary arrow?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Replies

• Options
    I’d go for the offense primary.
  • Options
    im of the opinion that speed is king in PVP, while i'm a fan of offense sets im still gonna go with the +30speed arrow in almost every single instance (there are SOME exceptions, crit avoidance for events etc, droideka being slow on purpose, etcetcothers...)

just my opinions and thoughts. i may very well be wrong of course and am very curious to hear others input myself as im on the verge of switching a handful of characters over from things like full potency sets to full offense sets to test a few damages out for raids specificly... but pvp as well...CBF'd to switch mods from raids to pvp and back constantly XD
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Offense primary with +146 offense? That's got Resistance Trooper for P1 JTR team written all over it.

I'd search your mods for a +30 speed offense arrow with + flat offense secondary.
  • Options
    Awesome! thank y'all for the input. My instinct is the Speed primary arrow, but the offense % with +146 offense is a nice chunk of dmg.

So far we've got 1 in favor of the offense primary arrow, 1 for speed primary and 1 in favor of farming for a speed primary arrow with flat +offense. Choices choices lol.

I'm definitely keeping both so I can try em out, I just done want to slice them to 6E yet since GMY is my first G12 (I started playing about 3 months ago).

I know it can be hard to decide with the info y'all have from my post, so does anyone know about the ideal Speed, +offense and offense % totals I should try to get on GMY from mods?
  • JDK82
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Gmy gets so many turns through assist (jkr, bastila, possibly ezra) and through his tm gains. He is basically one of the very few toons who don't has to be ultra fast under a jkr lead.
    In the end you want to get him to 6500+ offence while as fast as possible and with a crit chance of around 40%
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Since GMY does special damage, your flat +146 almost doesn't help. You can check it by trying another offense arrow from offense set instead of this one.
    Now back to the question, you either make him incredibly fast, or you make him hitting like a rock. In both cases you would want as many +%offense as possible.
    So for heavy hitter you would want square, arrow and cross with offense and triangle with cd. Since JKRs lead gives extra cc and offense its not a miracle when those type of GMYs can crit for 100k+, while keeping pretty decent speed because of the same lead and bazillion of assists that add him tm when he attacks a target above 50% hp.
    Speedy variation is more like a nasty buff machine, this type of frogs hit softer but more often.
    Basically you would want slow heavy hitter under JKR vs other JKR or easier teams, and the fast one vs drevan
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Flat offense does not add to special damage?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    X3ina wrote: »
    Since GMY does special damage, your flat +146 almost doesn't help.

Er, what?

Flat offense and % offense both increase physical damage and special damage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Er, what?

Jinx. Owe me a coke.
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    Options

Er, what?

I wrote something wrong?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Flat offense does not add to special damage?

It does. That part of the post is wrong.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Er, what?

I wrote something wrong?

Your first sentence was wrong. It was a good post otherwise.

I'm wrong all the time. I just usually try to save it for the middle though to hide it. ;)
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe i messed up some thing because english is not my native language, but who cares xD its always easier to write you are wrong or er what in this case. It will help OP with modding his crazy frog obviously😂
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Er, what?

I wrote something wrong?

Yes. I explained why it is wrong.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    %-offense gets a huge boost when sliced to 6E and becomes far superior than flat offense. Since it's widely known that GMY gets plenty of TM from his basic he doesn't need that much speed in a JKR team that is not meant to face DR/Malak teams (vs DR/Malak you want to feed him some speed to act before the enemies BSF to spread tenacity up so remodding is needed).
    The following 3 options are all viable:
    1) speed primary + high %-offense secondary
    2) offense primary + high speed secondary
    3) offense primary + high offense secondary
    Options 1) and 2) would have the benefit that they could be used when remodding GMY for higher speed against DR/Malak teams.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    3) offense primary + high %-offense secondary

This doesn't exist.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    3) offense primary + high %-offense secondary

This doesn't exist.

That's right, should've been flat offense. Edited and thx for pointing out!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    Options
    %-offense gets a huge boost when sliced to 6E and becomes far superior than flat offense. Since it's widely known that GMY gets plenty of TM from his basic he doesn't need that much speed in a JKR team that is not meant to face DR/Malak teams (vs DR/Malak you want to feed him some speed to act before the enemies BSF to spread tenacity up so remodding is needed).
    The following 3 options are all viable:
    1) speed primary + high %-offense secondary
    2) offense primary + high speed secondary
    3) offense primary + high offense secondary
    Options 1) and 2) would have the benefit that they could be used when remodding GMY for higher speed against DR/Malak teams.

Thanks, this is pretty much what i tried to explain👍
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Lots of really good info here! Thank you all! I'll be using this post as a guide for my mod farming until GMY is done. So, specifically relating to the Arrow above, should I go ahead and 6E the Offense % primary with the +146 Offense secondary or should I try to farm a Speed primary arrow with Offense % and +X Offense secondaries? (Is it possible to roll both?)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Slippyfist wrote: »
    Lots of really good info here! Thank you all! I'll be using this post as a guide for my mod farming until GMY is done. So, specifically relating to the Arrow above, should I go ahead and 6E the Offense % primary with the +146 Offense secondary or should I try to farm a Speed primary arrow with Offense % and +X Offense secondaries? (Is it possible to roll both?)

It's possible but you can still only get 4 bumps to either so you won't get super high numbers for both. The offense primary is fine unless you are fighting debuff heavy teams where you really want to get that tenacity up before they get to go.