249 posts Member
So finally Malevolence?
Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773

Replies

• USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Malevolence confirmed, Invisible Hand just to be sanctimonious, which is why they are limiting shard shop currency to slow GG 7* rates.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Limiting shard shop currency?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Also, GG has been there forever and just had a pretty important rework. How much warning did you need?
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    It could also be Nute Gunray's Luckrehulk class ship since they mentioned on going negotiations. I lean towards Nute because it would increase his usefulness even more and the Malevolence is huge compared to the other capital ships in the game making sizing an issue.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    sying wrote: »
    Also, GG has been there forever and just had a pretty important rework. How much warning did you need?

A lot of folks spend so much time hording that they aren't ready for things when they come out because they didn't bother farming.

It's kind of like during Napoleonic times when spooked soldiers would just keep loading their weapons without firing. Sure is nice to have a horde of bullets, but it'd be nicer if you had something to fire them out of.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    My bet is Nute's ship because GG was geared and used for Natalie Portman's character. Nute was left in the dust by many until recently so his Cap ship would gain the most money.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Malevolence all the way. Ion blasts await us
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Any new cap ship would be nice
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    Options
    HK22 wrote: »
    It could also be Nute Gunray's Luckrehulk class ship since they mentioned on going negotiations. I lean towards Nute because it would increase his usefulness even more and the Malevolence is huge compared to the other capital ships in the game making sizing an issue.

I took 'negotiations' as referring to Kenobi's Negotiator ship.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

I took 'negotiations' as referring to Kenobi's Negotiator ship.

That is definitely a possibility as well, but I think a DS capital ship makes more sense because it is being released alongside dark side Geo TB. Honestly, Kenobi's Negotiator would make more sense as a legendary Republic ship just as Grievous's Invisible Hand/Malevolence would make sense as a legendary. Release Nute's ship and require it and Seppies for Legendary Kenobi ship and require Mace and a Republic crew for Invisible Hand.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Nute is not ship commander. He is just a wuss. General Grievance on the way!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    They could have just reworked Mace AND his ship.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    They could have just reworked Mace AND his ship.

We def need a new ship and Mace likely would be reworked when the new LS TB for Genosis happens.
  • Alohomora
    45 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I vote for Malevolence or Negotiator based on the statement.
  • Asifab
    140 posts Member
    Options
    GG Malevolence ship was destroyed pretty early on in the clone wars. However, with the current addition of Padme and Nute getting a rework I could see Nute's capital ship coming. When you think about it, there was no clone wars with out the start of Nute putting a blockade over Naboo.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    Options
    *Swerve*

We're going to be *eventually* getting Malevolence, Negotiator and Nute's ship.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    Options

I believe it is called Saak'ak.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Not that it means anything definitive, but it IS a Geonosis TB and there are 2 Lucrehulk cores in the picture, including one that is "dropping."

9zu5cjo0i2az.jpg

AND if we got Nutes Capital, we could get Grevious' fighter "Souless One" who's model happens to already be in the game.

c3m1ejbuowkl.jpg

That coupled with the hinted at Vulture Droid would give us the normal brace of new units that are usually required for a better unit like the new capital.

Speculation is fun. ;)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Sizing has never been an issue in ships, just compare the Falcon to an X-Wing, or Ghost to Phantom...
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Not that it means anything definitive, but it IS a Geonosis TB and there are 2 Lucrehulk cores in the picture, including one that is "dropping."

9zu5cjo0i2az.jpg

AND if we got Nutes Capital, we could get Grevious' fighter "Souless One" who's model happens to already be in the game.

c3m1ejbuowkl.jpg

That coupled with the hinted at Vulture Droid would give us the normal brace of new units that are usually required for a better unit like the new capital.

Speculation is fun. ;)

Souless One looks like it escaped from fallout =)
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    zegene wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

9zu5cjo0i2az.jpg

c3m1ejbuowkl.jpg

Speculation is fun. ;)

Souless One looks like it escaped from fallout =)

I love it. Reminds me of a Corvette Stingray.

And its there at the end of Tank raid just teasing us.
  • Weltall
    98 posts Member
    Options
    I think Lucrehulk ships are too big compared to the current capital ships ingame. Those "spaceballs" are merely the cores of the whole thing which itself resembles more of a slow-moving space station.
    In Battlefront 2, when you fly in a starfighter, flying along the radius line of a complete Lucrehulk takes roughly 3x the time it would take to fly along the length of a Republic's Venerator-class Star Destroyer.
    As for the *Malevolence* (Subjugator-class Heavy Cruiser), yes, it's very long, but its width isn't anything that makes it look more bulky/sluggish.

Looked at the wiki regarding the Ship sizes:
    Separatists - Lucrehulk-Class Battleship:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Lucrehulk-class_battleship
    Separatists - Subjugator-Class Heavy Cruiser:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Subjugator-class_heavy_cruiser
    Galactic Republic: Venerator-Class Star Destroyer:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Venator-class_Star_Destroyer

Basically, both Sep ships are options, the main reason i'd say it will be a Subjugator is that Fleet Battles' capital ships are usually very long-shaped, but, as experience dictates with Grievous, things are sometimes shorter than expected . . .. :)
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Limiting shard shop currency?

Yes. Reduced events and reduced TB shards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Asifab wrote: »
    GG Malevolence ship was destroyed pretty early on in the clone wars. However, with the current addition of Padme and Nute getting a rework I could see Nute's capital ship coming. When you think about it, there was no clone wars with out the start of Nute putting a blockade over Naboo.

Why does that matter? Also Palpatine orchestrated that blockade, Nute was just a pawn.
  • Options
    dcbfan wrote: »
    Did everyone miss the last sentence in the last paragraph? It clearly says capital ships, as in more than 1. Am I the only 1 that pick up on this?

Indeed. I also noticed he wrote who instead of how.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

A lot of folks spend so much time hording that they aren't ready for things when they come out because they didn't bother farming.

It's kind of like during Napoleonic times when spooked soldiers would just keep loading their weapons without firing. Sure is nice to have a horde of bullets, but it'd be nicer if you had something to fire them out of.

This is nonsense. Smart hoarders who are focused on making sure they are ready for as many events as possible know full well that you can't fast farm shards without a ton of crystals and they focus on having as many units close to or ready to 7* as possible. Farm shards; hoard gear and crystals.

I have a total of 11 units (characters and ships) that I don't have the shards to 7* if they become needed.
  • Options
    dcbfan wrote: »
    Did everyone miss the last sentence in the last paragraph? It clearly says capital ships, as in more than 1. Am I the only 1 that pick up on this?

Indeed. I also noticed he wrote who instead of how.

Also, in this week's Q&A:
    "Q: Is there any chance we will see a new Capital ship in the foreseeable future?
    A: The Magic 8-ball says "Outlook doubly good." "
    which also made me think that more than one are inbound.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where the quote "Where are we taking this ship?" is from? No joy for me on google. Main refrence is Crumbs post.