Is Padme coming back for the hero's journey?

Prev13
Idk how many more hits we can endure, I missed the 7 star Padme by a tiny margin, I am definitely ready this time. The fact that I failed the 7 star by so little makes it hard psychologically, especially if she's required for a 7 star journey. Is it going be like a BB8 quick return or are we going get screwed for not 7 starring her?

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    To what hero's journey are you referencing?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    The imaginary one involving "Fallen Anakin".

Anakin fell and became Vader. 'Nuff said.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    I like when people are trying to get ready for imaginary events
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't CG_Erik basically say this isn't happening? Or is there another way to interpret his comment that, 'the moment Anakin "falls" he becomes Darth Vader'?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Didn't CG_Erik basically say this isn't happening? Or is there another way to interpret his comment that, 'the moment Anakin "falls" he becomes Darth Vader'?

True. But we have 47 versions of Han. He got cold, and put on a coat, so that deserved it's own character in game. There is enough of a difference between pre-BBQ Vader, and post-BBQ Vader that the devs could justify a new character. I'm not sold personally that it's going to happen, but the theory isn't without precedent.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Idk how many more hits we can endure, I missed the 7 star Padme by a tiny margin, I am definitely ready this time. The fact that I failed the 7 star by so little makes it hard psychologically, especially if she's required for a 7 star journey. Is it going be like a BB8 quick return or are we going get screwed for not 7 starring her?

Just like how JKR came back for Malak right? Oh wait. No she won't. Darth Revan didnt come back for Malak nor JKR.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Just like how JKR came back for Malak right? Oh wait. No she won't. Darth Revan didnt come back for Malak nor JKR.
    Malak is a Mythic battle. The OP is talking about a Journey event (see CLS, JTR always having R2 and BB8 before). Still an imaginary event though that's not likely to ever come.
  • Options
    Also, bringing it back too early would be a kick in the teeth to the significant horde of “2nd time” preparers like me :)
  • Options
    “Darth Vader (Unmasked)” works for me and to be a Heroes Fall type event to obtain.
    I’m sure we will see it at some point.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

True. But we have 47 versions of Han. He got cold, and put on a coat, so that deserved it's own character in game. There is enough of a difference between pre-BBQ Vader, and post-BBQ Vader that the devs could justify a new character. I'm not sold personally that it's going to happen, but the theory isn't without precedent.

The Han example is poor. It’s years later and he’s gone from a smuggler to a captain of the rebellion. The fallen anakin thing is just stupid

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    We have a character named Darth Vader, but we don’t have character named Lord Vader. Just saying, CG Erik could have made it sound like it’s not going to happen for the specific name “Fallen Anakin” but might for Lord Vader

This is why people are always mad and disappointed. He came as close to saying no as possible and you interpret it as "so you are saying there is a chance" lol.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Stick wrote: »

The Han example is poor. It’s years later and he’s gone from a smuggler to a captain of the rebellion. The fallen anakin thing is just stupid

Yup, lasted all of 10 minutes. And he killed kids and wasnt smart enough to get the high ground.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    We have a character named Darth Vader, but we don’t have character named Lord Vader. Just saying, CG Erik could have made it sound like it’s not going to happen for the specific name “Fallen Anakin” but might for Lord Vader

This is why people are always mad and disappointed. He came as close to saying no as possible and you interpret it as "so you are saying there is a chance" lol.

Let's be fair--if he'd said a clear and unequivocal "Yes," people would still be mad and disappointed, just that they'd be OTHER people than the ones who are mad and disappointed by the no they got.

Star Wars is a huge fan base, but that base is so cracked and broken that anything they do is going to simultaneously please and displease a lot of people. ......But the ones who are displeased are always the loudest...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    If there was a heroes fall - they would bring Padme back before hand. Just like bb8 and jtr , r2 and cls etc.

Vader unmasked - would be a heroes journey.

Two ds canidates for a journey - ani of course and Kylo.

• Options
    "As always, we don't comment on the nature of the characters we release and when. Nick had a Porkins-esque answer in here, and I'd like to avoid further Twitter accounts being made to harangue me."

I think this part of the response heavily indicates it's not coming (given the last Q&A they basically broke there normal no comment rule to say Porkins is a non-starter and isn't happening).

But you wont know until it does/doesn't happen I guess. Jar Jar may well be coming after shirtless kylo but that doesn't mean shirtless kylo isn't coming ;)
  • Options
    We shouldn't get a fallen Anakin. I love Darth Vader, but during his transitional period he was sort of a loser. Burnt Anakin would be great though lol.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    To address the opening question...

An Episode 3 Darth Vader journey is pure speculation. We do not know if or when it's coming.

However, if there is an Anakin journey event that requires Padme, precedent says there will be a second Padme event first or concurrent, as was the case with R2 for CLS and BB-8 for JTR.
    Still not a he.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »

Let's be fair--if he'd said a clear and unequivocal "Yes," people would still be mad and disappointed, just that they'd be OTHER people than the ones who are mad and disappointed by the no they got.

Star Wars is a huge fan base, but that base is so cracked and broken that anything they do is going to simultaneously please and displease a lot of people. ......But the ones who are displeased are always the loudest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3CHi_9sxj0
  • Tabub
    50 posts Member
    Options

And what about stormtrooper Han? What’s the excuse for that one? He was not a different character at that point at all, in fact there are absolutely more differences from fallen Anakin to Darth Vader than Han to stormtrooper Han, saying they are the same is a terrible argument for why they wouldn’t do fallen Anakin, they have done that before, and there is no reason they wouldn’t do it again.
  • Options
    Tabub wrote: »

And what about stormtrooper Han? What’s the excuse for that one? He was not a different character at that point at all, in fact there are absolutely more differences from fallen Anakin to Darth Vader than Han to stormtrooper Han, saying they are the same is a terrible argument for why they wouldn’t do fallen Anakin, they have done that before, and there is no reason they wouldn’t do it again.

Agreed. I find it funny so many think it’s a ridiculous notion to have a Lord Vader when there’s an entire squad of Hans.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Tabub wrote: »

Agreed. I find it funny so many think it’s a ridiculous notion to have a Lord Vader when there’s an entire squad of Hans.

i suppose those people also find it ridiculous that there are so many han's ingame.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I like when people are trying to get ready for imaginary events

That's how we got ready for Darth revan
  • Options
    she needs stay to stay away for while gonna take a long time to get b1 and droieka 7*

You don't need B1 or Droideka. As long as B2, GG and Ventress are 7 stars g12 and they have some of the post 12 pieces you should be able to do it. So I suggest you give GG and Assajj as many g12+ pieces as you can and you can do it. I couldn't do it last time cause B2 was g11 and I was short on medpacks, next time I'll get it
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Figure 3 months minimum. Jsut get ready for it and wait