Activate shak ti ?

Prev13
vincentlondon
4527 posts Member
edited June 2019
Should we active shak ti or not ?
If i activate her my GP will increase and i will have thougher opponents in Grand arena and maybe i will lose in GA

Replies

• Options
    Wow. That's a really good post. Stating the obvious and asking others what they think.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't. First toon I haven't activated. I'll do the wait and see approach if I'll have a use for her in horizon.

GA matchmaking algo has already changed though, we just haven't seen it yet.
  • Options
    Your GP will barely increase, certainly not by enough that you will get a significantly stronger GA opponent.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you should. You get to hear the music.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    I did. I also leveled her up and some of her abilities, gave her level 1 mods and some gear. Should I be worried? Lol 😝
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Just don’t train, mat, gear or mod her and you’ll be ok.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Yes you should. You get to hear the music.

This game has sound!!!??? :o

(that joke has lost it's impact since the sound turning on bug last month :| )
  • Options
    I didn't because I don't have the new kyrotech pieces she requires. So much for alleviating the gear crunch.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Unactivated characters make me cry.
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    Also hunger strikes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • casper1jr
    175 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    So you guys don't unlock toons just to get paired with a lower GP players. LMAO, just play the game for crying out loud. You're GP won't go up that much. But ya, you shouldn't be proud playing this way, none of you. Scared to gear up toon, lmao

I get it but the game was not designed to be played this way. All that are doing it is using a handicap/crutch. If you do it, you shouldn't advertise it because it doesn't make you look like a good player.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    If i activate her my GP will increase and i will have thougher opponents in Grand arena and maybe i will lose in GA

Idk man that 100 gp increase is a lot.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Idk man that 100 gp increase is a lot.

Yeah that would put you in a completely new league with mega krakens. No can do.
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    Just don’t train, mat, gear or mod her and you’ll be ok.
    How do you mod without training? Mods start at Level 50.

I did it like all other toons ... bought 30 Shards, trained her, did auto-mod, geared her till I had to use gear which I reseverd fpr other toons. Skilled all skills below omega/zeta ... I do not care about GA - but I have fun to play her in GW
  • Options

If you don't activate her you'll be up against the same people as before who also don't activate.

I activated her because lean roster GA nonsense is... nonsense.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    GA is won by three things, Tactics, Mods and the right teams geared. Even if you take off all your mods and cry when you gain 100 GP it wont affect anything. The reason people lose is due to the three above reasons and nothing else
  • Options
    Not activating toons for better matchmaking is like shaving to have a lower bodyweight.
    Gearing and leveling toons you don't use is what makes matchmaking tougher for you. Having another 676 GP from G1 lv1 makes virtually zero difference in your match up.
  • Tyras
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like she will be a big help in the upcoming geo tb. I wouldn’t pass her up
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    I don't not activate because of GA, I don't activate because I'm lazy.
  • Options
    I activate all characters, as leaving characters unactivated just feels really lame to me. I think it may have a tiny negative impact on my GA matchups, but it's not going to stop me from playing the game the way I enjoy playing it. However, I do think a system that encourages people to not activate/gear/level toons is an extremely poor design (even if the effect is infinitesimal), particularly in a game where they presumably want us to spend money gearing more toons.
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    I activate all characters, as leaving characters unactivated just feels really lame to me. I think it may have a tiny negative impact on my GA matchups

It's negligible.

I suppose it makes me a bit of a hypocrite because I still haven't activated my 6* Padme, but I'm not ready to use her, so there's no point (yet).
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I activate all characters, as leaving characters unactivated just feels really lame to me. I think it may have a tiny negative impact on my GA matchups

It's negligible.

I suppose it makes me a bit of a hypocrite because I still haven't activated my 6* Padme, but I'm not ready to use her, so there's no point (yet).

In my case it may not be negligible because I don't just activate characters, I bring them up to g7 so they get the purple ring (as long as it only requires gear I have hundreds of). It's possible that this does have a minor impact on my matchups, and I think that ideally there should be no potential downside to upgrading my characters with surplus gear. I just don't care enough to get really worked up about it, especially since I win most of my GA brackets anyway. Also, I know that I'm choosing to level/gear these characters even though they aren't useful and it potentially puts me at a disadvantage, so I have no one to blame but myself. I just don't think it's an ideal system.
  • twstdbydsn
    1102 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Unactivated characters make me cry.

I have 20 that I haven't activated yet.
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder if @Edward hoards toons too.
  • Options
    I'm not activating her. Her gear requirements are too high for me to invest in her and a full clone team when I need to gear malak, padme, and DS tb teams
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    casper1jr wrote: »
    So you guys don't unlock toons just to get paired with a lower GP players. LMAO, just play the game for crying out loud. You're GP won't go up that much. But ya, you shouldn't be proud playing this way, none of you. Scared to gear up toon, lmao

I get it but the game was not designed to be played this way. All that are doing it is using a handicap/crutch. If you do it, you shouldn't advertise it because it doesn't make you look like a good player.

Why would I activate any of these toons that I have no intention on using in the next 6 months, and I am still farming Phoenix and JTR and JKR, and I took 1st place in my GA last round? Not just playing the game, but not doing too bad at it for having took 2 years off. It's part of the game mechanics, and using the game mechanics matters if you want to win.
    qn7lodda4uzi.png
  • anonidude
    703 posts Member
    Options
    I think that this thinking is the degenerative behaviour the devs are hoping to address with the upcoming GA matchmaking alterations.

Sigh
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    anonidude wrote: »
    I think that this thinking is the degenerative behaviour the devs are hoping to address with the upcoming GA matchmaking alterations.

Sigh

How is it degenerative?