Did we forget about the bounty hunters??

Prev1
Syrup_Chugger3
2171 posts Member
edited June 2019
April last year we got the galactic bounty event, then in August galactic bounties 2. In four months we got 2 of these events, but today, 10 months later we've still only got the 2. Should we expect more as they said they'd periodically change the rewards, or has that Bounty hunter hype fizzled/died and that's that?
Post edited by Syrup_Chugger3 on

Replies

• Options
    Marquee fever has died down and so too has apparently the desire the of the developers to build upon events that tie in to those toons. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    I would like to know as well
  • Options
    I would love to see new galactic bounty events, and also for the events to be run more often. These types of events could be a great way for player to farm older toons who are fun characters but who aren't worth spending energy on due to better options.
  • Options
    I would love to see new galactic bounty events, and also for the events to be run more often. These types of events could be a great way for player to farm older toons who are fun characters but who aren't worth spending energy on due to better options.

Solid points. Theres a handful of characters I want to farm, but do not to "waste" time or miss out on the big things.
  • Options
    Given the Hoth choice having IPD bounty every month or even every other month could compensate for Hoth vs Geo choice

No hope on Wampa for BH title unless they add them to a Geo battle which I’d doubt
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone has BH's built up so we won't see Galactic Bounties III. Prepare your jawas for Galactic Spares I.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Everyone has BH's built up so we won't see Galactic Bounties III. Prepare your jawas for Galactic Spares I.

Hehe yeah that's a possibility as well
  • Options

Solid points. Theres a handful of characters I want to farm, but do not to "waste" time or miss out on the big things.

And that’s exactly the problem with the current state of the game.

Don’t farm teams you want to farm - don’t have a play style that you want to play - play this way and only this way because EA has mandated such.

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Don’t farm teams you want to farm - don’t have a play style that you want to play - play this way and only this way because EA has mandated such.

You are free to farm anything you want.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

That’s not a problem with the game, that’s a problem with the player. Farm the folks you want to farm. Sure, I “only” finish arena in the 100-200 bracket, but once you realize that arena doesn’t matter it’s fine.

So get you Ur’rrrRRRrrr and do Tuskens. Who cares? In 100 years we’ll all be dead and no one will care that you finished #1, but you’ll DEFINITELY care that you did what you wanted to tomorrow.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I'm putting "finished number 1 in SWGOH" on my tombstone.
  • zaljko_petrescu
    109 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

First in arena daily doesn’t matter?

Crystals don’t matter?

If having elite teams doesn’t matter then why do people spend thousands on this game?

[Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    b6fo9lyb0x1y.jpeg

“BuT yOu CaN fArM aNyThInG yOu WaNt”
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

That’s not a problem with the game, that’s a problem with the player. Farm the folks you want to farm. Sure, I “only” finish arena in the 100-200 bracket, but once you realize that arena doesn’t matter it’s fine.

So get you Ur’rrrRRRrrr and do Tuskens. Who cares? In 100 years we’ll all be dead and no one will care that you finished #1, but you’ll DEFINITELY care that you did what you wanted to tomorrow.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OxggH0Hv6Ys/U1HHukQrvYI/AAAAAAAACvk/vDdh4kRO_oQ/s1600/pe551006.gifbn7vstyazqai.gif
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options

Crystals don’t matter?

If having elite teams doesn’t matter then why do people spend thousands on this game?

You’re a special kind of stupid, aren’t you?

Yes - don’t play how you want to play now! Instead, play to win arena, so you can get additional resources that will allow you to... play how you originally wanted to play... later?

And also complain a lot.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Crystals don’t matter?

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

Once again you've missed the point.
  • Options

Crystals don’t matter?

So... you’re using the most recent p2w team to get first in arena and that’s *dis*proving my point... how exactly?

That’s exactly the point I’m making.

You wouldn’t be using DRevan were he not able to crush everything else in arena. Just like everyone else. The entire game is designed around this premise, and that’s how they make their money. No diversity, no skill, no innovation, just insert credit card and basically use pre-made templates for success.
  • zaljko_petrescu
    109 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Buddy wrote: »

Crystals don’t matter?

Yes - don’t play how you want to play now! Instead, play to win arena, so you can get additional resources that will allow you to... play how you originally wanted to play... later?

And also complain a lot.

People play to win.

Are you not getting this premise?

Losing is not “fun” no matter which team you’re using.

You’re proving my point over and over but you’re not grasping it.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options

Crystals don’t matter?

And also complain a lot.

People play to win.

What do they win?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Crystals don’t matter?

So... you’re using the most recent p2w team to get first in arena and that’s *dis*proving my point... how exactly?

You wouldn’t be using DRevan were he not able to crush everything else in arena. Just like everyone else. The entire game is designed around this premise, and that’s how they make their money. No diversity, no skill, no innovation, just insert credit card and basically use pre-made templates for success.

I didn't have to, I wanted to. And I spent $30.

If you don't want to, you don't have to. There's more to the game than just arena.

Since you are resorting to childish insults, this will be my last response.
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Options

You're correct, but you're also completely wrong. We can farm whichever toon we want, and our reward will be enjoyment in some pve events, but otherwise our arena rank and fleet rank will plummet. Additionally, legendary events will be impossible without the forced required toons.

To your point though, I use to strive each day to finish top 50 in arena. However, the JKR mirror matches cause me so much frustration I have lowered my expectations and just go for top 100. Easy to do and I don't need to use all 5 attempts. So, yes farm who you want and play how you want, but there are crystal consequences.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I thought we were talking about bounty hunters.....did I accidentally step out of the thread?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    I thought we were talking about bounty hunters.....did I accidentally step out of the thread?
    I believe the thread itself stepped out.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • Options

Crystals don’t matter?

And also complain a lot.

People play to win.

What do they win?

Crystals, which they then can use to enhance their roster and develop other teams they want.

Why do you think people spend thousands of dollars playing this game if not for the exact reason to gain a marked advantage over others? That’s the whole premise and money making scheme that EA/CG has concocted.

• Options

Crystals don’t matter?

I didn't have to, I wanted to. And I spent $30.

If you don't want to, you don't have to. There's more to the game than just arena.

Since you are resorting to childish insults, this will be my last response.

It’s a “childish insult” to point out that you’re spending money to advance in the game, which is the exact point i’m making.

If you’re getting upset, that’s on you - I can’t control your emotional reaction to what we’re discussing.
  • Options

Contradicts "Resource Management"
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    I farm what I like, rank #200ish everyday. If I ever need extra crystals I will pay.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Crystals don’t matter?

First in arena doesn't matter. Next time you've got a job interview, tell them you finish first in arena every day and see how much they care. When you call your mom (AND EVERYONE SHOULD CALL THEIR MOTHERS MORE) tell her you finished first in arena and see if she says anything other than "That's nice, dear."

Crystals don't matter. I would probably have to spend two or three hundred dollars in order to take #1 reliably, how long do you think it would take to recoup that expense? And then, on top of that, now I have to spend in order to maintain that rank. How long until I recoup that recurring expense?

Having elite teams doesn't matter. None of this matters. Your g12 Darth Malak isn't going to ward away diseases or protect you from an air conditioner that falls out of a high window. He won't find you love or raise your children. Why do people spend thousands on this game? To fill the hole in their soul that isn't filled by something more meaningful. Because it's easier to farm for Darth Revan's return than it is to realize that none of this matters in the slightest and it's all just a thing to keep us occupied as we march to the grave.

I love this game. I love the Star Wars movies and board games and lore, I've never read the novels but I'd probably like those if I did. But I'm not going to say that this actually matters for anything more than just a fun thing to do when I wake up in the morning and give me something to talk to a lot of my friends about when I see them.
    People play to win.

I don't play to win. You may, and that's good for you, and I hope that you one day get enough crystals that you're finally happy in the real world. Losing is fun. Losing is fun because it means I'm doing something different instead of checking boxes that some guy on youtube told me were important and then getting mad because the next update means I need to check off different boxes. Losing is fun because it means I don't have huge stockpiles of gear and characters at level 1. Losing is fun because when I find a team that I like (such as Galactic Republic now, for example) and start winning it means I did it on my own merits.
    Crystals, which they then can use to enhance their roster and develop other teams they want.

Why do you think people spend thousands of dollars playing this game if not for the exact reason to gain a marked advantage over others? That’s the whole premise and money making scheme that EA/CG has concocted.

No, that's the trap you've fallen into because you live an unexamined life. People spend thousands of dollars on the game for one of two reasons--
    1) They can afford it. Look, if you're happy and you can afford it, then go to town. You think Bill Gates would think twice about dropping a grand to get a character he really wanted? He'd do that, he'd use them for fleet or arena or a raid, and then he'd put the game down and go live his life and come back in the morning to do the dailies again.

2) They're miserable and buying something gives them some fleeting momentary pleasure they so-desperately need.

The majority of players aren't unhappy, but also aren't spending a boatload of money. Using myself as an example, I barely spend anything. There was a point earlier this year that I realized I hadn't spent anything in so long, but I wanted to support the game that I'd been playing this long, so I wound up waiting for some marquee release that I honestly can't even remember any more. I bought it just because I feel if you play a game for however many hours I have and it isn't going to break the bank, kick in a couple bucks. I would never begrudge someone who didn't pay anything, nor would I begrudge someone who was miserable and simply spending to feel better--it's your life, do what you want. Farm what you want. You'll still be dead in 100 years.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    People play to win.

My first video game console was the NES.

Games I had on that platform? Tetris. Tetris 2. Dr. Mario. Yoshi (a falling block game, not a platformer). Qix.

These games all end the same. You lose. Every single time. There is not a win condition. You do not play to win. You play to play, because the gameplay is fun. Ganbatte is a valid gameplay mode.

There is no win condition to Galaxy of Heroes. The primary mode of play is progression and aspiration. If you're coming to a game without a win condition with a mindset of trying to win, you're gonna have a bad time.
    Still not a he.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Why do you need crystals from arena when you can buy the like TVF?