Game Changer Program

Prev134
Now that it’s official that SWGOH’s Game changer program has officially ended here are my thoughts about it:

1. This frees up game changers to make new content. It sounds like part of the agreeement to be a GC is not to make any... Risqué content. I’ll just predict

2. CG did exert some pressure to stop creating some of the Game Changers most popular content example: Meme Videos. (I’ll post an example below)

3. Overall it sounds like there wasn’t just one thing that killed the program... it was a combination of many things: negativity when JKR came out, Risqué content in other channels, branching out into other channels, leaks, misrepresenting teams, control...

4. Game changers are saying the program has basically been dead since November. It’s like a boss that doesn’t wants to get rid of an employee... the boss just schedules less and less time till eventually they have no hours anyway.

5. I think it’s beneficial overall. The devs can still give exclusives to any content creator now. Game Changerd finally have closure.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    r1n44un82rwt.jpeg
  • Options
    CG is a tyranny, they never liked being unable to fully control content provided by GameChangers, even when they made payments to some of them here and there.
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Does this mean they’re getting rid of Kyno as well?
  • Options
    Rhydia wrote: »

Yes, now we can do whatever we want in the forums... no rules! Anything goes 😁
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not until he becomes a meme
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Found Ahnald’s video very interesting in how CG was handling with MemeMakers and how they responded with MSF

It’s a shame MSF is no longer a threat, capitalism and free market really shines when you have a direct competition
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, now we can do whatever we want in the forums... no rules! Anything goes 😁

He does. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Honestly I think this is good. CG can make their own promo videos/notes if they want, and the Youtubers can say whatever they they want.

It just created a strange relationship that didnt serve anyone well. The devs could not manage expectations and the CGs would over-hype not out of malice but because they are fans and would get caught up in their excitement over a particular character. The GG release is the most recent example but its not the only one. (Which by the way the knee-**** reaction by the forums of oh my god he sucks by 99% of people was wrong anyway and he is pretty awesome).

I much prefer the dev insights that they release now. They CAN manage expectations now and then we can all draw our own conclusions.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Kyno will only be allowed on Saturday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Which falls on Tuesday of next week.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    *Tuesdae.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Which falls on Tuesday of next week.

People are starting to wake up to the truth. Welcome, friend.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Also all the leaks caused the program to be stopped anyways.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    *Tuesdae.

There is a guy in my guild named Dae
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Seems like some pretty poor PR to me. From what I’ve read and watched and all the information I’ve been able to find, it seems like CG was upset they couldn’t control the game changers and their content, so they discontinued the program. The program works very well for other EA games but CG got tired of the game changers being, well honest is the best way I can describe it, and wanted to use the game changers as their own personal PR department. When they couldn’t, they basically said we’re taking our toys and going home.

That’s just my personal interpretation of this. I don’t think the game changers’ content is going to change much, but it feels like a voice of the community has been taken away to a certain degree. Rightly or wrongly it makes me feel like CG is trying to hide stuff and wants everything to be viewed how they want it to be viewed and anyone who might have a dissenting view just got shown the door.

Again, that’s just how it looks to me on the outside. I could be completely off base. This is just the feeling I got when I read and heard about this, especially knowing that the program is successful for other EA games.
  • Options
    Some dirty emails they sent to ahnald
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Carrie has always said that the Game Changers did not work for CG and could say anything they want. Then we find out they’ve been meddling regularly and actually requested a takedown.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i'm happy with the program being discontinued. Hopefully the former gamechangers can get back to making enjoyable vids now.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    EA/Lucasfilm has their priorities in the wrong place. They focus so much on gamechangers giving original opinions but let Rian Johnson make a film that stomps all over the Star Wars lore. So much so that Lucas himself has to come back and help fix the franchise.

I will still support the gamechangers as they help drive my interest in the game.

In the word of William Wallace, "FREEEEEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!"
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Carrie has always said that the Game Changers did not work for CG and could say anything they want. Then we find out they’ve been meddling regularly and actually requested a takedown.

When did she say that? The "they can say what they want" part.

i'm going out on a limb here and assume she didn't say it here on the official forum. Then again, she too busy with twitter and reddit to post on here, so yea...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Seems like some pretty poor PR to me. From what I’ve read and watched and all the information I’ve been able to find, it seems like CG was upset they couldn’t control the game changers and their content, so they discontinued the program. The program works very well for other EA games but CG got tired of the game changers being, well honest is the best way I can describe it, and wanted to use the game changers as their own personal PR department. When they couldn’t, they basically said we’re taking our toys and going home.

That’s just my personal interpretation of this. I don’t think the game changers’ content is going to change much, but it feels like a voice of the community has been taken away to a certain degree. Rightly or wrongly it makes me feel like CG is trying to hide stuff and wants everything to be viewed how they want it to be viewed and anyone who might have a dissenting view just got shown the door.

Again, that’s just how it looks to me on the outside. I could be completely off base. This is just the feeling I got when I read and heard about this, especially knowing that the program is successful for other EA games.

This exactly. CG hated Gamechangers voicing our frustrations, they hated that GC's said the truth. They lied to us every step of the way here, so since GC's were not lying about everything, CG hated them, just like they hate their entire playerbase. And they often hide things, they good at that.

Its what the worlds become like these days, I mean just look at Rotten tomatoes, almost every score there is fake now.
  • Options
    Now that it’s official that SWGOH’s Game changer program has officially ended here are my thoughts about it:

1. This frees up game changers to make new content. It sounds like part of the agreeement to be a GC is not to make any... Risqué content. I’ll just predict

2. CG did exert some pressure to stop creating some of the Game Changers most popular content example: Meme Videos. (I’ll post an example below)

3. Overall it sounds like there wasn’t just one thing that killed the program... it was a combination of many things: negativity when JKR came out, Risqué content in other channels, branching out into other channels, leaks, misrepresenting teams, control...

4. Game changers are saying the program has basically been dead since November. It’s like a boss that doesn’t wants to get rid of an employee... the boss just schedules less and less time till eventually they have no hours anyway.

5. I think it’s beneficial overall. The devs can still give exclusives to any content creator now. Game Changerd finally have closure.

Anyone else have thoughts?

I have no clue what you are talking about. Then again I started up in November after 2 years off.
  • Options
    Is anything really changing here other than they won’t be breaking info through the game changers?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Is anything really changing here other than they won’t be breaking info through the game changers?

I presume we won't be seeing test server footage before release. Drove sales, but also frustrations When it was wrong or overhyped.

• Options
    VonZant wrote: »

I presume we won't be seeing test server footage before release. Drove sales, but also frustrations When it was wrong or overhyped.

It says they will continue to have access to that test server and the beta program. Maybe they won’t be releasing footage before release, I’m not sure on the rules there, but I’m assuming we will still get those videos after release.