Are you ready for the championship?

Replies

• Options
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    I love how @TVF changes the subject as soon as someone challenges what he claims. Proves how biased and unrealistic/idealistic his views are and he only holds them because he is not in that situation.

@Baldhead !! Are you ignoring what I wrote above, or can you not be anything other than a troll? Please use a little self control. You had your argument, you made your point, we all understand it. Malak is p2w and anyone who doesn’t have him loses. We get it.
    TVF wrote: »
    Can we keep this thread as a place to share our excitement, and not argue about p2w, revan, malak, or teasing bald heads? Bald heads are beautiful.

Men don't back out of challenge cause someone said let's keep it focused. It was too convenient for him. Still no guts
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    I love how @TVF changes the subject as soon as someone challenges what he claims. Proves how biased and unrealistic/idealistic his views are and he only holds them because he is not in that situation.

@Baldhead !! Are you ignoring what I wrote above, or can you not be anything other than a troll? Please use a little self control. You had your argument, you made your point, we all understand it. Malak is p2w and anyone who doesn’t have him loses. We get it.
    Can we keep this thread as a place to share our excitement, and not argue about p2w, revan, malak, or teasing bald heads? Bald heads are beautiful.

Men don't back out of challenge cause someone said let's keep it focused. It was too convenient for him. Still no guts

I find it wise to say nothing sometimes.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

He has to troll, he knows no other way.

I’m excited. This championship thing looks cool and different.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Also who do you think you are separating the men from the boys? It’s not 1955
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Not just someone, but OP.

Men respect OP's wishes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I have 6 zetas to use....maybe I should finally finish my rebel team.....then again geo TB be starting soon.....maybe I'll just go pop some popcorn and pop down in my favorite easy chair pop open a can of pop and pop some of that popcorn in my mouth right after I pop this blister on my hand
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    I have 6 zetas to use....maybe I should finally finish my rebel team.....then again geo TB be starting soon.....maybe I'll just go pop some popcorn and pop down in my favorite easy chair pop open a can of pop and pop some of that popcorn in my mouth right after I pop this blister on my hand

Your pop better not find you popping popcorn into you mouth after you’ve just popped open a can of pop!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Ive spent way too much time on it and I better win or things are going to get broken.
  • Options
    I’m excited and ready for the championships.

I also noticed some use of language that make me now beyond certain that BaldingHead is PeterBahama!

What a time to be alive!
  • Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    Options

Men don’t need to wave themselves around to establish who the real man is, men with compensation issues however..

• Options
    Quite excited myself by the mechanics though I already know that my fluff orientated roster is going to get wrecked all week(s) long in GAC.

I'm also quite excited by geo TB but that's not the focus here! (Even if some clones are bald !)
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    Heh. I just squeaked into division 1 with my GP... Not exactly the most focused roster and of course I don't have Darth malak so anything I get above the bare minimum will be a pleasant surprise.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ready? No way. My FO and Triumvirate teams are still lacking, for example. And I have been playing this game for too long to get genuinely excited for any new addition, cautious optimism is probably closest to what I feel. Especially with the "rewards aren't final" caveat they keep repeating...
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options
    Prepared i am. But others are gonna be much mire prepared than me in my 3 range. Im on the lower GP end of the branch

Its going to be long, very very long time until finish. That's the worst part of GAC and it will make me lose interest rather quickly

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    I am very excited for this! I know this is just an exhibition but it's got me super pumped for the future! I can feel it in my jellies!! :)
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Well there's something I didn't need to hear this morning.

If I even understood it right.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Well there's something I didn't need to hear this morning.

If I even understood it right.

Haha you didn't. ;)
  • EdSolo
    415 posts Member
    Options
    In all honesty I could probably use a minimum of six months to prepare assuming no new toons were added to the game. Hopefully this will be a mode where we aren't punished for having a diverse but not maxed out roster. I'm down to 15 non 7* toons, which includes a 6* Padme, 3* Shaak Ti, and a yet to be unlocked Malak. All my toons are g8 or higher, but only 37 at g12 and another 54 at g11. I built from the ground up for tb purposes. I can generally win 1/3 rounds in GA, sometimes 2/3. Never have I hit 3/3 or even had the chance to get there. I am always one cycle behind the newest toon. Just got DR this past time and am ready for Malak when he returns. If Padme came back today, I don't know if I could get the final tier finished.

I am hoping this mode is a better experience than GA, but we shall see.
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Whipping up some guacamole as we speak and waiting for the game to burn. This will be a bumpy ride so fasten your seatbelts and prepare for 100 "grand arena championship isnt fair" threads

I do enjoy how quickly the avocado and the guacamole caught on in here. Lol.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options
    I am not ready if fleet arena will be in feats, since i have 0% chance to beat any teams in my fleet arena shards thanks to them all be aprox 150-200k above mine.
  • Options
    ShawDou wrote: »
    I am not ready if fleet arena will be in feats, since i have 0% chance to beat any teams in my fleet arena shards thanks to them all be aprox 150-200k above mine.

Looks like you have a little bit more incentive to work on improving your fleet then. ;)
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Looks like you have a little bit more incentive to work on improving your fleet then. ;)

That is not how it works, i left game for about an year, so my whole shard is year ahead of me. And a lot less active. I am at 380 rank in fleet arena, got there with super luck with 220k fleet and all around me is 350-440k fleets. Noone attacked me in like a month and i have no way to beat any of them for probably like a year :D

I still managed to be 1nd or 2nd in pretty much each GA since i returned back, so i am good for my GP bracket, but totally way behind for my shard.
  • Options

That is not how it works, i left game for about an year, so my whole shard is year ahead of me. And a lot less active. I am at 380 rank in fleet arena, got there with super luck with 220k fleet and all around me is 350-440k fleets. Noone attacked me in like a month and i have no way to beat any of them for probably like a year :D

I still managed to be 1nd or 2nd in pretty much each GA since i returned back, so i am good for my GP bracket, but totally way behind for my shard.

But that is exactly how it works. Feats are designed to be a challenge to earn extra points for promotion, not just given away to everyone. So, if you want to earn the reward you need to improve your fleet.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    I mean he could just sandbag his fleet squad instead. And then take out easy opponents every day. Granted he would only get four wins a day at best. Also depends on how active his fleet shard is. And if he uses crystals for refreshes.

You know what. Too many variables. Let's just put this in the alternative ideas folder known as the trash bin.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options

But that is exactly how it works. Feats are designed to be a challenge to earn extra points for promotion, not just given away to everyone. So, if you want to earn the reward you need to improve your fleet.

Which in my case and for a lot of ppl who returned to game after long pause, might not be possible. We are in huge disadvantage in our shards compared to ppl who didnt have the break and will never really catch up with them as you can only do so much stuff per day.

It is similar like if i with my 1,25 mil GP get matched for GA with all 3mil+ opponents. That is not a challenge, that is an impossible to task to win against them.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I mean he could just sandbag his fleet squad instead. And then take out easy opponents every day. Granted he would only get four wins a day at best. Also depends on how active his fleet shard is. And if he uses crystals for refreshes.

You know what. Too many variables. Let's just put this in the alternative ideas folder known as the trash bin.

I am already 150k bellow anyone in my shard around me and i never been attacked in month. So dont think it will change if i put even worse fleet. But to be fair i cant take that risk since if o drop, there is huge chance i will never get back to top 500 and that would be loosing 200 fleet mat per day.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Main problem with this is the diference of GP in my shard and my division. It is like if i with my 1,3 mil GP get matched for GA with all opponents with 3mil+ GP. That is not challenge, that is impossible to win.

I find feats good, but making them work in PvP outside of GA will just put huge disadvantage to any person who got longer break from game and his shard got ahead of him, and since you can do only so much stuff per day you can never catch up once you are that behind.
  • Options
    In all honesty, no. This just seems like they saw what they did wrong and making what it should be like
  • Options

To be fair, a year is about 5 ships. Happens to be a couple of the top ships, but still.