I'm 2.75m GP and I'm expected to GAC against 3.7m gp....???

Prev1
This must be a sick joke. I'm 2.75m gp and in division 4.
7bs90qtlvrn9.png

Everyone else in my grouping should be in division 3.
uhw2d89jcny4.png
qgsqyq07f2xj.png
op0jfm0uyb24.png
c67trbjobbrs.png
zf6sa1o5qtv7.png
j0904ievce8o.png

Replies

• Straegen
    194 posts Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem at 1.6 mil going against 2.2-ish GPs. Why have divisions if they are just going to throw some of us up way past our punching weight?
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    ur roster focused? theirs collectables?....
  • Options
    uno wrote: »

I am focused and I should not be punished for that. These guys all have the revans and trayas.

This is a kick to the teeth and if this GAC isn't canceled and fixed, I'm done with this game.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    zetas, g12, mods....especially mods....is a game of strategy
    maybe really is an unfair grouping but hardly worth quiting over
  • Options
    Amen. I am 200,000-400,000 less character GP than the other 7 in my bracket. Screw these stupid Championships, I want the regular GAs back!
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    This looks very broken.
  • Options
    zetas, g12, mods....especially mods....is a game of strategy
    maybe really is an unfair grouping but hardly worth quiting over

Incorrect. I could have been helping my guild getting my clones, troopers, geos, cup, lobot, etc up but instead I chased certain meta stuff to have the edge in the GA. Now it's just a waste. Getting really tired of the "clever" EA folks changing all the rules and mechanics of the game in efforts to "balance" it. This is a communistic idea and it DOES NOT WORK in competitive play.
  • flux_rono
    2126 posts Member
    Options
    7bs90qtlvrn9.png

just dont look at the GP look at the actual stats that matter. #of gear 12s, #of gear 11, gear 10 if necessary, #of zetas, #of speed mods, ect. GA was the biggest reason people complained before as it wasnt accurate. now that they changed it people suddenly think GP is the only thing reasonable to know a match up, which is stupid.
    look into thier roasters first and then see. sure they might have a traya or revan but if you have more teams then them you can beat them off defense easily, or overpower their defense better
  • Options
    this is the new difference "GRAND ARENA matchmaking is based on the maximum power of the units a player is allowed to use based on the number of squads allowed to be deployed in this event."
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    look into thier roasters first

Yay my second favorite typo returns! :D
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    7bs90qtlvrn9.png

just dont look at the GP look at the actual stats that matter. #of gear 12s, #of gear 11, gear 10 if necessary, #of zetas, #of speed mods, ect. GA was the biggest reason people complained before as it wasnt accurate. now that they changed it people suddenly think GP is the only thing reasonable to know a match up, which is stupid.
    look into thier roasters first and then see. sure they might have a traya or revan but if you have more teams then them you can beat them off defense easily, or overpower their defense better

then why have divisions? what's the point if i'm mid d4 and nearly battling top d3?
  • flux_rono
    2126 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    look into thier roasters first

Yay my second favorite typo returns! :D

im not a spelling person sorry... math is my area.
    but im glad i made you happy
  • flux_rono
    2126 posts Member
    Options
    7bs90qtlvrn9.png

then why have divisions? what's the point if i'm mid d4 and nearly battling top d3?

i think divisions are mainly to have more leader board spots but frankly i have no clue why they have it
  • Options

So we're punished for not wasting gear on UROROROROROEOOEIEEIOEOE and having geared meta squads? Why is it my fault if someone has 4 million GP and their account looks laughable?
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    Amen. I am 200,000-400,000 less character GP than the other 7 in my bracket. Screw these stupid Championships, I want the regular GAs back!
    You want equal GP but 40 zeta and 80 g12 difference back?

ok
  • Options

I am focused and I should not be punished for that. These guys all have the revans and trayas.

This is a kick to the teeth and if this GAC isn't canceled and fixed, I'm done with this game.

They've decided to have a broader roster and they should be punished for that? Pure GP isn't a great way to tell how strong someone's toon collection is. Should be based on specific toons and teams and what zetas they have to be more balanced. I understand you're probably more used to womping hard on other players because of a better curated collection but just consider it a challenge.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Post your and their rosters to compare. Pure GP isn't necessarily an indicator of power.
  • ronnio
    69 posts Member
    Options
    ajzrngrywpl5.png

This doesn't seem fair.
  • Options
    I’m at 2.8 million GP and my opponent is at 3.6 million. Seems fair 🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    ronnio wrote: »
    ajzrngrywpl5.png

This doesn't seem fair.

- you have nearly the same amount of zetas
    - you have more than 3x the amount of g11 chars
    - you have 9 less g12 chars
    - you have >50 more 10+ speed mods
    - you have more than double the amount of 15+ speed mods
    - you have no 20+ speed mods but your opponent also just has 2

From what I can see this looks like a fair matchup, total GP ain't everything.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    You want equal GP but 40 zeta and 80 g12 difference back?

ok

Yes.
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    ajzrngrywpl5.png

This doesn't seem fair.

- you have nearly the same amount of zetas
    - you have more than 3x the amount of g11 chars
    - you have 9 less g12 chars
    - you have >50 more 10+ speed mods
    - you have more than double the amount of 15+ speed mods
    - you have no 20+ speed mods but your opponent also just has 2

From what I can see this looks like a fair matchup, total GP ain't everything.

Exactly. What is happening here is that people are really complaining that they no longer have completely dominate matches because they have a much more focused and modded roster but equal GP.
  • Options
    Except the fact that end of GAC rewards are based on division, so focused equals harder road for less rewards now.
  • Options
    Mine is massively whacked. I’m division 3. We have two division 2 people and a division 4 person. The difference between the division 4 guy and the division 2 guy is over a million. The division 4 guy doesn’t even have bb8 lol.
  • Options
    ajzrngrywpl5.png

This doesn't seem fair.

Your stats seem better than his. I'd place my bet on you.
  • Options

o3l3tk4dx1va.gif

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    So we're punished for not wasting gear on UROROROROROEOOEIEEIOEOE and having geared meta squads? Why is it my fault if someone has 4 million GP and their account looks laughable?

Relax. You're not punished in any way (although you may believe that every new content was created to punish you personaly). Your opponent most likely won't be using that URr'Or anyway. He might in a GAC with ships, but this one is without ships.
  • Options
    Dagonsith wrote: »

They've decided to have a broader roster and they should be punished for that? Pure GP isn't a great way to tell how strong someone's toon collection is. Should be based on specific toons and teams and what zetas they have to be more balanced. I understand you're probably more used to womping hard on other players because of a better curated collection but just consider it a challenge.

I played by the rules of the game. It was advantageous to strategically position my toons for gearing/leveling as the events came. But now because I was more strategic than others, I am forced to compete on a higher standard while people with a year ahead of me get to play down? Is it fair that this is all “power” based now and those of you with yoda lead, bastilla lead, vader lead, thrawn, nihilus, etc leads are all screwed because a zeta counts for 2000 power, regardless of whether its good or not or even used anymore? This is simply another CG miss.
  • Options
    Perhaps this is CG’s idea of a bell curve? Must be a fresh out of college kid that came up with this new matchmaking system.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with grouping this way is that it gives larger gp groups a distinct advantage vs their lower gp counterparts. No matter how focused, if a larger gp has equal mods, they can field more quality teams and they win