Matchmaking

tankerblazer
21 posts Member
edited June 2019
Can you please stick to ONE match making algorithm and stop trying to reinvent the wheel? It wasnt “broken” before, it just wasnt as beneficial to those with inflated gp’s as it was those who focused gp’s. Now you have to set to screw those with leadership zetas that arent used because you are basing it upon “power” levels. Its a war, half will win, half will lose, ALWAYS. Stop trying to make everyone happy. And further, stop changing game mechanics. If you want everyone to feel they won a GA, just start handing out some participation awards and call it a day.

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Can you please stick to ONE match making algorithm and stop trying to reinvent the wheel? It wasnt “broken” before, it just wasnt as beneficial to those with inflated gp’s as it was those who focused gp’s. Now you have to set to screw those with leadership zetas that arent used because you are basing it upon “power” levels. Its a war, half will win, half will lose, ALWAYS. Stop trying to make everyone happy. And further, stop changing game mechanics. If you want everyone to feel they won a GA, just start handing out some participation awards and call it a day.

I don't really care about your post, but I am intrigued by your forum handle. Please explain.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    You're wrong, it was broken. They just finally took a big step in fixing it.

Only broken for the half that was on the losing side. GA is a war. There will always be losers.
  • Options

I just looked at your roster. It's very focused rather than inflated so I'm sure you are used to having the advantage in GAs. Regardless of how anyone feels about the inflated vs focused debate, CG has a business reason for wanting players to invest in all characters (which leaves less resources for their new releases which causes panic farms/$$$). They definitely dont want to penalize people who invested broadly in their rosters.

As someone with an inflated roster who invested heavily in ships, I'm used to being at a disadvantage in GA. However, I was able to get 1st or 2nd most of the time. You just have to be strategic.

Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    They couldn’t add a brand new TB (rewards people for inflating GP) and a brand new GA (used to punish people for inflating GP) at the same time and not upset people. It had to be changed.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Staticstu wrote: »

I just looked at your roster. It's very focused rather than inflated so I'm sure you are used to having the advantage in GAs. Regardless of how anyone feels about the inflated vs focused debate, CG has a business reason for wanting players to invest in all characters (which leaves less resources for their new releases which causes panic farms/$$$). They definitely dont want to penalize people who invested broadly in their rosters.

As someone with an inflated roster who invested heavily in ships, I'm used to being at a disadvantage in GA. However, I was able to get 1st or 2nd most of the time. You just have to be strategic.

Best of luck to you.

^This^

The war wouldn’t keep happening if the same side ALWAYS won. The losing side would eventually quit fighting.

I had already stopped caring. I’m sure people facing me had a lovely time destroying my roster. But, no more!