Another embarrassing bug

Noda1
15 posts Member
Lol man you dev guys and gals need to get it together, you do know that the perspective from our side is you guys aren’t up-to par have you guys learned anything from your past failures? From here it doesn’t seem so. Very disappointed and tired of trying to stick up for you guys. You guys have failed to deliver on the first try so many times. Do you guys not care about the quality of your code? Are people just making changes and not having them peer reviewed before merging to the release branch? Is regression testing even a term you are all familiar with? You should be delivery Value with every release and we go months and months without new content. Personally I think your product owner need to look in the mirror and have a difficult conversion with themselves as they are not playing the role
Properly. Is there any accountability over There? Seems the same issues are plaguing you guys for the longest. Are you guys checked out? Time to switch to a new app maybe? So frustrated with the repetitive problems. Honestly you guys are so lucky to work on such great content and yet your approach is still wanting after so long. If this wasn’t Star Wars it would of closed shop a long time ago.

Replies

• Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    Options
    At least it’s not Friday and they went home.
  • Options
    Here comes the snark from TVF and others that are totally not CG devs in disguise....
  • Noda1
    15 posts Member
    Options
    If they are professional they will take it on the chin if they aren’t and wanna censor me well you can draw your own conclusion.
  • EnderGamer87
    633 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Here comes the snark from TVF and others that are totally not CG devs in disguise....

☝️ this totally
  • Options
    While I do agree on lots of bugs being in the game; after the long winded post I have yet to see what is the issue at hand that you are upset about.

It’s hard to help or break down or know what you are referring to when the bug itself isn’t mentioned.
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    While I do agree on lots of bugs being in the game; after the long winded post I have yet to see what is the issue at hand that you are upset about.

It’s hard to help or break down or know what you are referring to when the bug itself isn’t mentioned.

Guild GP keeps dropping. We 'lost' ~15M during the last 90 minutes.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    It's a minor, mostly visual glitch and they're looking into it before we got a million threads on the matter. What more do you want?

Game ain't gonna be perfect, and ain't nobody getting harmed by this one at the moment. Long as it gets cleared up by the time Geonosis TB launches, we're golden.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options

Disguise?

I keep telling @Kyno to get my handle fixed and my paychecks sent. But still nothing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Bb3po wrote: »

It is after 5pm here, so they actually might have.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    Gair wrote: »

Why would they go home on your clock rather than theirs?

There's an update coming today, and it's barely past 2pm there.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Whats the bug?
  • Options
    So what would cause GP to just drop? If visual, then what is counting the lost GP? This didn’t happen with the Hoth release? Why are individuals required to log back in for the guild to have their GPs added back?
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Sarcasm to his sarcasm. Speaking of updates. I did see a hoth preview. I thought geo preview was today too?
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Sarcasm to his sarcasm. Speaking of updates. I did see a hoth preview. I thought geo preview was today too?

Expecting it with the update today. The hoth one was loaded a few days ago.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    It's a minor, mostly visual glitch and they're looking into it before we got a million threads on the matter. What more do you want?

Game ain't gonna be perfect, and ain't nobody getting harmed by this one at the moment. Long as it gets cleared up by the time Geonosis TB launches, we're golden.

I think the point of the OP is these are happening way too often. Even the post about the failed GAC said they "hoped" the fix would work but did not test it. "oops". It is that attitude and lack of respect for the product that is frustrating the user base. Whether it is a minor glitch or a major game crash they need to take a look at their processes and figure out what is going wrong. I know there is pressure to push these things out. Especially when the user base screams they want to know what is coming and then as soon as you announce anything they scream when is it coming. I know me personally would rather be yelled at for taking to long then having it not work. For CG lately it seems to be both.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Well that was a fun little mini-heart attack when I momentarily thought we'd lost 3-4 players just before a new TB launch.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I think the point of the OP is these are happening way too often. Even the post about the failed GAC said they "hoped" the fix would work but did not test it. "oops". It is that attitude and lack of respect for the product that is frustrating the user base. Whether it is a minor glitch or a major game crash they need to take a look at their processes and figure out what is going wrong. I know there is pressure to push these things out. Especially when the user base screams they want to know what is coming and then as soon as you announce anything they scream when is it coming. I know me personally would rather be yelled at for taking to long then having it not work. For CG lately it seems to be both.
    This is the June 10th list of hotfixes for World of Warcraft: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22933417

The words, "fixed a bug" are in that list 33 times, with "resolved an issue" appearing an additional seven.

Bugs happen in continuously supported games. They get resolved. It's how the development cycle works.

The GAC collapse was embarrassing, sure. But this? This is trivia. This is a routine bug. As long as it gets resolved before TB, it affects literally nothing.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The GAC collapse was embarrassing, sure. But this? This is trivia. This is a routine bug. As long as it gets resolved before TB, it affects literally nothing.

If this is Trivia what is the Answer and is there any prizes for getting it right? :) Also I never said it was major just making them look bad again.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Noda1 wrote: »
    If they are professional they will take it on the chin if they aren’t and wanna censor me well you can draw your own conclusion.

Silence what, you didnt actually say anything.....

Since there is no actual point to this post it will be closed.
This discussion has been closed.