So the new definition of difficulty is absurd tenacity?

Prev1345
After doing the new TB battles all I see is a bunch of units stacked with tenacity to prevent our debuffs as well as constant protection recovery which basically counters any damage you do. Feels totally stupid to hit an enemy with a g12 character to do 3-5% of their protection in damage and then they just recover the same amount right after. The tenacity boost constantly a low blow to any squad that relies on debuffs to be viable, basically more than 90% of all dark side squads in the game.

Also real disappointment when you have an enemy with 8 buffs and debuffs and 10% protection and getting hit by Boba's execute and losing the 10% protection and no health! I'm constantly impressed by how easy and uncreative it is to increase the difficulty of an event when all u gotta do is give stupid tenacity and protection recovery to tanky units.

I can't wait till I can auto this boring TB like the old ones so I don't have to keep battling this way, no mechanics involved, no strategy just brute force from gear we don't have yet, this is the new TB folks.

Replies

• Options
    And defense...don’t forget defense.

I’m not a fan of the tenacity thing, but I do like that they’re harder to kill instead of just one shotting my whole team with like 350 speed. On tenacity, these guys are much better than HSTR.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    So I am hoping one day you will find something you like in this game so you can have fun, like the rest of us. From the way you post, you seem to be truly exercising the definition of insanity.

It's called end game content for a reason. It was also explained to be more difficult than anything we had seen before.

As for no strategy, dont worry someone else will figure it out for you and you can follow them.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I love this new TB....actually challenging and requires some effort
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    So I am hoping one day you will find something you like in this game so you can have fun, like the rest of us. From the way you post, you seem to be truly exercising the definition of insanity.

It's called end game content for a reason. It was also explained to be more difficult than anything we had seen before.

As for no strategy, dont worry someone else will figure it out for you and you can follow them.

He’s a troll. He knows no other way.

I’ve definitely said that before.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Yet another example of why I say OP needs to find a new game. For this thread, I recommend trying Chutes and Ladders.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    The levels of enemy units are higher than ours (85 vs 93 for example)

The level difference plays a role in potency vs tenacity check so it seems they have high tenacity but not necessarily true

Like every other PvE content, it will get easier over time (level increase or releasing new units aimed at making TB easier)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Yet another example of why I say OP needs to find a new game. For this thread, I recommend trying Chutes and Ladders.

Old school. I like it.
  • Whatelse73
    2182 posts Member
    Options
    End game and "difficult" is one thing. In one of the missions (we had full platoons loaded) my G12 Wampa was at half health in round 3 and Bariss Offee ONE SHOT him. The same bariss offee that crits for us at about 3k damage.

Same as so many other things they do. "We're making this more competitive with the new matchmaking!" CG's matchmaking in GAC? Put me with 7 other players that won't even get through my front wall.

They basically took HK'47s kit and changed the name to "clone sharpshooter" except the event version hits any character for 500K damage. (One shot my HK, then one shot my F'n Bastila immediately, so he got an extra turn for defeating one character?) My HK47 hit a JEDI in a 2nd round with his special kill jedi ability for about 15K damage. So yeah, good deal. My apologies for not selling my house to make him G13 first. :tongue:
  • Options
    seriously OP? they literally said this TB is going to be really difficult...why not just take it for what it is and better your roster instead of complaining.

Personally i have 0 issues with this TB. All CM's i was able to do 3/4 or 4/4. Yes you cant auto it but thats why its fun.
  • Options
    how is literally everything you post negative OP?
  • Options
    Y'all are the trolls not me, I literally said I was hoping for more creative ways to make it hard. I didn't say it should be easy. I just wanted it to be mechanically challenging not straight up 200% tenacity, tons of protection recovery with huge health pools and defense.

So before you start attacking me, understand what I'm saying
  • Options
    Cg created content for toons that really needed reworks - all so far have been great. They created something challenging not just for this month but half a year down the line.

They also communicated all of this.

Where’s that Endgame Hulk meme?
  • Options
    The only thing I’ve found so far that is a poor design choice is forcing us to use poggle and nute as leaders. Poor form.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

He would complain about the ratio of chutes to ladders
  • Whatelse73
    2182 posts Member
    Options

I'd be shocked to ever see a thread where CG_TVF doesn't make a comment. One day I might find one. :tongue:
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    @BaldingHead90 , perhaps Hello Kitty Island Adventure is more your pace?

zff7aam05zy1.jpg

He's probably allergic to cats
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

I'd be shocked to ever see a thread where CG_TVF doesn't make a comment. One day I might find one. :tongue:

I’d be shocked to ever see a thread where people believe that TVF gets paid to be here just because they don’t have a real reason to oppose his points.

Okay it’s true he gets paid
  • Options
    I dont know what you are talking about my dr, badstilla zeta, hk 47. (All g10-g11) canderous g12 and assaj g8(6 stars) went 4/4 completion.

"I dont like they made it difficult to actually do it" "I am not telling them to make it easy" two things contradict each other, they made it tougher so you cry about it, then you start backtracking some of the insults by saying you never wanted it easier.

Just stop your complaining jeeze there is too much of that in these forums.

There is actual legit reasons to complain and this is not one of them.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Why do I feel like @Nihion is OPs burner account?

What is it you are accusing me of?
  • Options
    LOL at **** acting like CG didn’t take a cop out on increasing difficulty... at least they don’t have 400 speed though so I guess it’s great game design

I’m glad it’s as difficult as it is but the complaints are about everything being tenacity and protection up based are valid
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @BaldingHead90 , I disagree. I think the survivability and Long-haul themes of these battles are much better than the ridiculous events we’ve seen in the past with preloaded TM, insane stupid speeds and offense, really wiping your team before you even get a turn. Not fun.

This is balanced. It requires preparations and strategy. It’s not impossible to land debuffs. I landed MORE than my fair share with my Traya team (4/4 waves), and my BHs did some WORK, especially Dengar with Thermal detonators and Boba’s DoTs (4/4 waves). It took timing, focus firing, buff removals for taunts (not causing massive damage), and survivability throughout the battle by taking my time on the first wave to get the contract and time my cooldowns.

This took actual attention - not just entering with a meta team and throwing it on auto.
    (Of course they’re going to reuse certain mechanics in the game like Sharpshooter’s insta kill. They’ve pretty much exhausted most other fresh ideas. Besides, it sent a jolt up my spine when I lost Jango that way in the 4th wave. It was exhilarating).
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Y'all are the trolls not me, I literally said I was hoping for more creative ways to make it hard. I didn't say it should be easy. I just wanted it to be mechanically challenging not straight up 200% tenacity, tons of protection recovery with huge health pools and defense.

So before you start attacking me, understand what I'm saying

I would like to hear your suggestions on these more creative was to make it hard. I assume you have some ideas other than "just do it".

Also I can't say I had that much trouble sticking debuffs. Both my Palp and NS teams didn't seem to have any issues.
  • Options
    After doing the new TB battles all I see is a bunch of units stacked with tenacity to prevent our debuffs as well as constant protection recovery which basically counters any damage you do. Feels totally stupid to hit an enemy with a g12 character to do 3-5% of their protection in damage and then they just recover the same amount right after. The tenacity boost constantly a low blow to any squad that relies on debuffs to be viable, basically more than 90% of all dark side squads in the game.

Also real disappointment when you have an enemy with 8 buffs and debuffs and 10% protection and getting hit by Boba's execute and losing the 10% protection and no health! I'm constantly impressed by how easy and uncreative it is to increase the difficulty of an event when all u gotta do is give stupid tenacity and protection recovery to tanky units.

I can't wait till I can auto this boring TB like the old ones so I don't have to keep battling this way, no mechanics involved, no strategy just brute force from gear we don't have yet, this is the new TB folks.

I think HK has a really nice tenacity down AOE. Some other DS toons do to I think.
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    @BaldingHead90 , I disagree. I think the survivability and Long-haul themes of these battles are much better than the ridiculous events we’ve seen in the past with preloaded TM, insane stupid speeds and offense, really wiping your team before you even get a turn. Not fun.

This is balanced. It requires preparations and strategy. It’s not impossible to land debuffs. I landed MORE than my fair share with my Traya team (4/4 waves), and my BHs did some WORK, especially Dengar with Thermal detonators and Boba’s DoTs (4/4 waves). It took timing, focus firing, buff removals for taunts (not causing massive damage), and survivability throughout the battle by taking my time on the first wave to get the contract and time my cooldowns.

This took actual attention - not just entering with a meta team and throwing it on auto.
    (Of course they’re going to reuse certain mechanics in the game like Sharpshooter’s insta kill. They’ve pretty much exhausted most other fresh ideas. Besides, it sent a jolt up my spine when I lost Jango that way in the 4th wave. It was exhilarating).

I agree. Also they didn't use overly complex mechanics like with sith raid or sith raid mechanics that make all but a chosen few toons irrelevant.

It's also way better than giving toons an IV drip of red bull.

I do think they miss the mark with releasing this with a Poggle obligate geo mission before reworks. Its not really fun having to battle uphill with toons with wildly outdated kits.

I also think they might've put the health a smidge too high relative to what g12 can do. Like i appreciate having health, armor, and healing mechanics as the difficulty but at the same time there is a point where the fun value lowers because of the time commitment it takes to kill something.
  • Options
    This territory actually has me and most of my guild excited. We're working on teams. Sharing tactics. And telling each other stories about how close of a win or loss were having. I'm hoping that with the new gear I'll eventually get on some of my teams that underperformed that they'll be much much stronger. A strong enemy is a blessing. And this territory should provide blessings aplenty.