Useless Toons...

Basically I want to make a petition for CG to chill out money grabbing and rework all these old toons that are useless like Mace is probably the biggest example at the moment. With the release of Geo TB (which is the most end game of end game content) can we please just give these toons that have been ignored for so long a little love, The biggest example I have is when they released Padme without even bothering to rework the toons needed to get her I understand Grevious droids have had much love recently but I can't see any reason why they waited until after the first Padme event to rework Dooku/Nute Geos ect it's ridiculous and proves they are purely after a quick cash grab whenever they release something new and I don't think I can keep trying to farm new by getting these old poo toons up just for them to be reworked afterward! I can't tell you how much gear I've wasted on nothing toons jfor them to get reworked (or a new release) which would have saved me so much gear. So please can we try and get the word to CG that we need the reworks BEFORE we get these new toons, thanks to anyone who took the time to listen to me rant.

Replies

• Timbo86
    61 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. There is a lot of characters that need a re work badly
  • Options
    Tuskens are so useless you can't even fill a squad with them.
  • Options
    Mace Windu rework will probably arrive when they release the Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle.

And as for new toons, I don't care, just release my man Ki-Adi-Mundi pronto! I've been waiting for him since forever!
  • btd7001
    54 posts Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing this game has been for the last 2 years is a giant money grab. Don't expect it to change now, that'll just lead to more disappointment. If anything it just keeps getting worse from that perspective.
  • Options
    Yeah, god forbid people should actually get paid for making this game.
  • btd7001
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Tsuo_Vook wrote: »
    Yeah, god forbid people should actually get paid for making this game.
    Yeah, I'm sure they're hurting really bad SMH. You do realize this game has made half a Billion in a few years, right?
  • Matt_Cain_603
    42 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Would love to see old toons reworked, its sad to see them just chilling in my roster unused. Mace Windu is an excellent example, new toons have 4+ abilities old ones have 2 or 3, plus they have slow base speeds. As to money grabs I decided the ultimate revenge was to return to F2P, and I actually did it. Its a painful SLOOOOOW grind but I still ultimately get there on unlocking characters and powering them up but I get the same kick a** toons for FREE. I wind up just skipping entire metas unless it happens to be close to something I already have most of like the Bastilla Shan led Jedi one. The object of my game playing has been to "enjoy this game while playing for free" as opposed to being #1 and it can and is being done. Thats my solution to the money grab. Everybody isn't like me though so thats not a solution for everyone. I was one of those "I'm going to quit playing I swear" whiners that couldn't work up the courage to do it because I liked playing so much, so I thought "hey just play for free" that's the devs 2nd. to worst nightmare. Again: not a solution for everyone but if anyone wants to make a difference I say start an F2P movement. or organize boycotts to send a message. OMG I just realized that SWGOH has politics . . . . what? Lol.
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone who is not a mindless CG fan boy agrees.
    Problem is CG Carrie already admitted when she was asked " Do you expect people who want to keep up with the curve to spend $5000 on the game and said said yea.
    There is no hope and anyone who doesn't spend super large is not needed.
    That's there agenda
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    They have announced that they will focus more on reworks than new toons, but rework takes time, and I think they are behind schedule , as I think that their plan was to have the Geo rework ready for the launch of Geo TB
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I'm actually going to defend CG for once (which means the world is probably ending).

There are fewer irrelevant characters than at almost any time in the game's life.

The introduction of the Negotiator makes pretty much every crew member relevant; you need 35 ships and there are only 38 in the game. The only pilot you can largely ignore at the moment is probably Resistance Pilot; the rest are either useful as characters or for fleets.

With that in mind (and IMHO), the only characters that currently have zero-to-marginal payoff for the investment are:

Bad kits with minimal faction synergy
    Mob Enforcer (not even good under Qi'ra!)
    Gamorrean Guard (might be interesting filler under Carth lead)
    Ugnaught

Neglected factions
    Tuskens (again, Shaman could be interesting under Carth)
    Jawas (other than Engineer, who is still useful with droids)

Odds and ends in good factions
    Jedi Knight Guardian, Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth, Ima-Gun-Di, Luminara Unduli
    Director Krennic, Stormtrooper
    Amilyn Holdo, Rose Tico, Resistance Pilot
    CUP
    IG-86
    Bodhi Rook, Lobot, Pao, Captain Han Solo, Lando Calrissian
    Teebo?
    Darth Sidious?

Some of the latter group used to be OK investments but have been made irrelevant by new characters or by the inability to form enough complete teams from the faction. I'd anticipate the Jedi, Republic, and Resistance characters will all get reworks or become relevant again by year's end.

Every other character is used somewhere in the game, whether it's for TB, Hero/Ancient Journeys, or as one of the starting characters in the game. In the past 6 months, the number of useless characters has steadily decreased, either because of reworks, new characters/leaders added to the faction, or the character being required for an event. At one point there well over 60 useless characters, and now it's about half of that.

Do people not remember when Bounty Hunters were useless or how awful Boba Fett's original kit was? Or how terrible the pre-zeta Vader was? Or even how bad the Separatist Droids were last year?
  • Options
    Can we get Jedi temple guard and Jedi knight sentinel already????
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    I'm actually going to defend CG for once (which means the world is probably ending).

There are fewer irrelevant characters than at almost any time in the game's life.

The introduction of the Negotiator makes pretty much every crew member relevant; you need 35 ships and there are only 38 in the game. The only pilot you can largely ignore at the moment is probably Resistance Pilot; the rest are either useful as characters or for fleets.

With that in mind (and IMHO), the only characters that currently have zero-to-marginal payoff for the investment are:

Bad kits with minimal faction synergy
    Mob Enforcer (not even good under Qi'ra!)
    Gamorrean Guard (might be interesting filler under Carth lead)
    Ugnaught

Neglected factions
    Tuskens (again, Shaman could be interesting under Carth)
    Jawas (other than Engineer, who is still useful with droids)

Odds and ends in good factions
    Jedi Knight Guardian, Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth, Ima-Gun-Di, Luminara Unduli
    Director Krennic, Stormtrooper
    Amilyn Holdo, Rose Tico, Resistance Pilot
    CUP
    IG-86
    Bodhi Rook, Lobot, Pao, Captain Han Solo, Lando Calrissian
    Teebo?
    Darth Sidious?

Some of the latter group used to be OK investments but have been made irrelevant by new characters or by the inability to form enough complete teams from the faction. I'd anticipate the Jedi, Republic, and Resistance characters will all get reworks or become relevant again by year's end.

Every other character is used somewhere in the game, whether it's for TB, Hero/Ancient Journeys, or as one of the starting characters in the game. In the past 6 months, the number of useless characters has steadily decreased, either because of reworks, new characters/leaders added to the faction, or the character being required for an event. At one point there well over 60 useless characters, and now it's about half of that.

Do people not remember when Bounty Hunters were useless or how awful Boba Fett's original kit was? Or how terrible the pre-zeta Vader was? Or even how bad the Separatist Droids were last year?

Gamorrean guard and death trooper work great under drevan
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Also Royal Guard and Stormtrooper.

Royal Guard is crew on Palpatine Shuttle.
  • Options
    Can we get a rework on punctuation use in forum posts?
  • Options
    30 Jedi 15 Sith 131 place holders....