Coveted top ten HSTR gear

Replies

• Options
    Kalano wrote: »
    In high gp guilds top 10 has nothing to do with being capable of scoring high in the raid. It’s about having the time to play hard within that 40 minutes!

This is some cold hard truth right here. It’s one of the issues in my guild, and I’ve had a hard time convincing anyone to maybe have the odd HSTR at a different time of day on a Saturday or Sunday when some guys might have a better opportunity to get in and do what they built their rosters for.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Be careful, we recently changed sith raid times to accommodate people, and guess what, they did NOT hit the raid.

I had to tell everyone the sith raid started, and it took 15 min for the usual people to show up.
  • Options
    Be careful, we recently changed sith raid times to accommodate people, and guess what, they did NOT hit the raid.

I had to tell everyone the sith raid started, and it took 15 min for the usual people to show up.

This is truth too. It’s usually always the same peeps no matter what time
  • Zanth
    37 posts Member
    Options
    It could be solved by implementing reward tiers based on points on an individual level rather than points on a guild-wide level.

In my guild, most of us are able to hit 20M by hitting auto on 2-3 teams. If we run teams manually we are now closing in on 30M without much issue. Putting in effort and we are getting into the 45M+ zone without any need for infinite loop teams etc. HSTR is a 30min event on a slow day.

Who typically takes the podium spots?

1 - Folks who put in the effort to play that raid?
    2 - Folks who put in the effort to play and had good RNG?
    3 - Folks who put in the effort to play AND put in the effort to understand/master strategies to maximize points?
    4 - Folks who put in the effort of 1 and 2 and spent a good bit of money to max their teams?
    5 - Folks who put in all of the above effort and are lucky with mods?

Sure, all of those, but mostly those that fall into category 5 consistently get top spots. How many are there in my guild who would fit into 5? Most of the guild. How then can rewards be better distributed if the differences in scores between top spots are sometimes in the 10s, or 100s (ie RNG: an extra crit here an extra dodge there...)? The distribution can be based on milestone scoring. 0-1M = X, 1M-5M = (X+Y), etc all the way through 50M+. Some rewards could be exclusive for top 3 for instance, but achieving a certain tier could/should guarantee certain rewards (perhaps even more exclusive than the podium spots) which would continue to encourage players to strive for category 5 from above. This could also work for the HAAT (or any raid really) where everyone can solo but few take the time to do so. We are well aware that the HAAT has horrible rewards. Most in my guild 0 it with a dozen soloing and a handful more posting a quick auto team score. If there were specific rewards for a score, many more would solo. For HSTR, many more would participate and really push their teams.

This could be a win/win for the players and CG. Scores of 40M+ require some serious finessing of one's roster. To get those scores with 4 teams or less in 20mins is even more difficult. CG could offer some of the new gear to those hitting 40M+ or whatever the category might be. They could make it truly exclusive by including the number of teams used to hit a given score. Those who are willing to work and spend to hit the tiers deserve the better rewards.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Those who can, do. Those who can't, merc.
  • Avaiam
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Our guild finishes HSTR in an hour or so. Whomever gets top 10 gets it. I was out of the Top 10 for a long time and worked on teams that helped. I fight for Top 5 now.

Our mindset is you get rewards if you sign up. If you want better rewards work on teams that will get you there.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Those who can, do. Those who can't, merc.

Now this is an interesting concept. I actually do hit top ten about 80% of the time with a score ranging from 14-20m. I’d been on the fence about mercing to a smaller guild that could use that kind of score to more easily take the raid down. G13 squashed that quick.
  • Options
    So I’m in a great guild of 180m gp that does exceptionally well in TW and even out did our expectations in the Geo TB, however, there is a cutthroat sink or swim approach to the hstr.
    I am curious how other guilds of similar caliber balance members getting a fair shot at getting this crucial gear so that the guild roster as a whole grows and becomes stronger rather than just the officers.

Honestly the only good thing about spots 1-3 in my opinion are the Traya shards & Guild Event Currency. Gear wise I feel as though I never get anything decent when I'm in the top 3 spots. Sure I get like 2 full pieces sometimes, but they are usually those random purple pieces that no one needs. While in spots 9 to 4, I feel like I consistently get really gold fully crafted G12 pieces, including the newer speed pieces. But this is just my 2cents and my own experience so far.

As far as how "fair" it is for the players in top 10 to get more gear...I have to ask how much total damage are contributing and what spot do you usually get? In my guild the top 10 spots are usually well over 10mil total damage with the top 5 in a range between 12mil to 23mil. And then everyone spots 10-15 between 5 - 9/10ish mil and everyone below that between 1-4mil...Also worth mentioning that on average only about 20-25 out of 48 people actually contribute to the raid and the top 5 overwhelmingly contribute to clearing it. With that being said I don't know your guild dynamic with how close people are in damage or how many actually participate. But if it's anything like mine, then yes those who enable the raid to be cleared deserve better rewards since they are doing most of the work. If you only do 6mil total damage (and that's all you're capable of doing) and a person in the top 3 has done 22mil, why should you get better rewards? Again just my 2cents.
  • Options
    Literally you will destroy guilds by telling top players to not go for top rewards.

The only thing that I think could be valuable to slow your roll on the HSR is if you need a player before a TW have unlocked Darth Traya because she is important in TW. Before everyone had her we would chill a bit to get 50 unlocks. After that it’s up to you TI get to 7*

Other than that no one should be neutered in their quest to be the best.
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    The amount of socialized welfare being. Promoted in here is disgusting.

You shouldnt get more just because you want it.

And those than can get it should NEVER be forced to not get it because you want it.

If your 180mgp guild ever starts forcing top contributors to give up top rewards. 100 out of 100 times that guild will fail.

You strike me as the kind of guy that would start a fistfight over the outcome of a Little League game.

That is a completely unjustified comment. The person who wrote that simply states that the best players deserve the rewards. A guild that coddles the weaker players will likely fail.

In response you attack his character as an individual. Way off base imo.

I am biased though, since I agree 100% with his sentiment. I was in a guuld a long time ago (in a galaxy far away), we were just getting heroic pit done. I farmed specifically for that: zvadar, jynn, royal guard, teebo and tarkin. Started putting up great numbers and ended up being one of the first to 7 star han. My reward, sit out every second raid to give others a hand in getting their han faster. Hindsight being what it is, I should have left then. Eventually left 6 months after HSR was launched as we couldn't clear it. Loser mentality, noone was willing to actually farm the teams needed. Most people just waited for 5 or 6 of us to carry the guild.
  • Landale3
    87 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    One of the issues too is that sometimes the top people are the ones driving the completion of the raid.

My guild is currently 136M GP, and we finished our very first HSTR back in February. I was the top contributor in our first attempt (which was successful), and I have been t3 for most of them since, dishing out anywhere from 14M to 23M damage. That damage is low for many of the higher GP guilds, but it's enough to get me t3 in my guild.

Now, most of the people in my guild contribute to the raid every time. In the most recent run, 10th place was 5M, 1st (me) was 17.6M. T10 combined did ~112M damage, almost double what the other 40 members of the guild contributed to damage.

This in no way is a slight on "the rest." They are all strong in their own ways, and contribute significantly to other modes of play, but they just don't have the teams for HSTR at this time, and some may never work on them. If everyone in the t5 didn't do enough damage to get t5 (~75M of the t10 112M ), the raid might still be completed, but it wouldn't be a guarantee like it is now.
  • Options
    Guilds are like governments except it’s MUCH easier to move on. 2 simple choices imo: try to change the guild you’re in or leave.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    From a guy who rarely ever has time to raid since raid times are in the middle of work usually, and has little practice on the raid since forever, I only have one piece of advice: get good.

The other 49 people don’t owe it to you. You owe it to yourself to make top 10.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    miketo wrote: »

And those than can get it should NEVER be forced to not get it because you want it.

If your 180mgp guild ever starts forcing top contributors to give up top rewards. 100 out of 100 times that guild will fail.

You strike me as the kind of guy that would start a fistfight over the outcome of a Little League game.

That is a completely unjustified comment. The person who wrote that simply states that the best players deserve the rewards. A guild that coddles the weaker players will likely fail.

I am biased though, since I agree 100% with his sentiment. I was in a guuld a long time ago (in a galaxy far away), we were just getting heroic pit done. I farmed specifically for that: zvadar, jynn, royal guard, teebo and tarkin. Started putting up great numbers and ended up being one of the first to 7 star han. My reward, sit out every second raid to give others a hand in getting their han faster. Hindsight being what it is, I should have left then. Eventually left 6 months after HSR was launched as we couldn't clear it. Loser mentality, noone was willing to actually farm the teams needed. Most people just waited for 5 or 6 of us to carry the guild.

I was one of the first 2 or 3 to get Han in my guild. After getting him 7*, I didn't need to be asked to dial it back a little to let others have a shot. It was good for the guild overall (and I didn't look like a dyck).

However it's one thing to share the rewards by choice, as opposed to being forced by design.
  • Options
    @JerryHello spots 4-10 aren't any better for g12+ gear I promise you that. Everything you see here I have about 500 of each.

fatgokc80246.png
  • Options
    So I’m in a great guild of 180m gp that does exceptionally well in TW and even out did our expectations in the Geo TB, however, there is a cutthroat sink or swim approach to the hstr.
    I am curious how other guilds of similar caliber balance members getting a fair shot at getting this crucial gear so that the guild roster as a whole grows and becomes stronger rather than just the officers.

It's hard to have a time that works for everyone. We have players from coast to coast. But the time that we have chosen was what worked best for the majority.

You will have noticed that I do not get top 10 much and it is because I am usually busy with my 2 year old son.

Back when I was guild leader of Rule of 1, we used to limit people on who could get tops in PIT. This was one of the reasons that Rule of 1 failed. Good players left because they got tired of being held back.

So now I never want to tell someone who has worked hard building a team that they have to limit themselves. We have tons of material on how to maximize your score. And if you need more advice, Mace and I are always willing to look over your mods and team comps to see how you can improve.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    They should just drop gear rewards altogether and double the currency you receive
  • Options
    The reward structure needs to be based on damage tiers, not fixed placement. When you have 21 people in HSTR all within five million of each other, but rewards stratified such that 1-3 get a great chance at a good drop, 9 actually gets a good drop, and 21 gets left out in the cold, while 22 who joined but did no damage gets a full stun gun, people get ticked off.

Instead of the silly fixed placements that bear no resemblance to how much you contributed to completing the raid, have a tiered raid structure that distributes the awards more evenly, then everyone that's participating has a more equal share at getting something reasonable.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Stop p3 cheese and a lot of the crying people will go away.... anakin team does not mean u worked on raid teams..... easy fix NS 100% potency no one uses her anyway and its a god darn PAPER team again.....

Paper team wins.... hahahahbaahah nerf
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Back when I was guild leader of Rule of 1, we used to limit people on who could get tops in PIT. This was one of the reasons that Rule of 1 failed. Good players left because they got tired of being held back.

If you ask people to hold back for the sake of the guild and they leave instead that's just because of their own selfishness. Such folks aren't interested in teamplay and don't know what loyalty means. Over time you'll become friends with more and more of your guild mates and they would never leave, that's what makes the game fun even in the long run.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Landale3 wrote: »
    One of the issues too is that sometimes the top people are the ones driving the completion of the raid.

My guild is currently 136M GP, and we finished our very first HSTR back in February. I was the top contributor in our first attempt (which was successful), and I have been t3 for most of them since, dishing out anywhere from 14M to 23M damage. That damage is low for many of the higher GP guilds, but it's enough to get me t3 in my guild.

Now, most of the people in my guild contribute to the raid every time. In the most recent run, 10th place was 5M, 1st (me) was 17.6M. T10 combined did ~112M damage, almost double what the other 40 members of the guild contributed to damage.

This in no way is a slight on "the rest." They are all strong in their own ways, and contribute significantly to other modes of play, but they just don't have the teams for HSTR at this time, and some may never work on them. If everyone in the t5 didn't do enough damage to get t5 (~75M of the t10 112M ), the raid might still be completed, but it wouldn't be a guarantee like it is now.

I think we have different underlying issues. Most of us outside of Top 5 (I am in same guild) dont have the teams flushed out and we have gone from taking 2 days to taking a couple of hours. I go P1 now even though it is suboptimal because I cant predict when we will hit phases. Some damage gets me clear of the bottom 25 which will be randomly assigned.

My point is a better method of sorting would be nice but I dont have any suggestions on how to do that. I compensate by #1 in both and spending so I can stay close to the meta AND build out old teams. Most of the rest of the guild picks an area of focus.

That being said, I also believe rewards should go to effort but total capitalism doesn't work well in a guild setting unless everyone is a kraken.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    1) HSR is easy as hell if you use the right teams and know how to play them.
    2) Time becomes a problem for guilds that have it on farm, so you basically can't retreat in P1+P2 or you'll miss out on the JKA loop setup in P3 which gives the biggest damage score.
    3) If a guild is very competetive in all areas of the game, a full 50 people trying to get into top 10 results in "guild arena" as NinjaChronicles has described it perfectly and there will be 1 problem that you'll have to deal with: RNG --> RNG will influence the scores of your teams (Jolee dying instantly in enrage or surviving for 10+ enrage rounds; not getting the JKA loop setup going and running out of time or max damage as people might log in dmg with their chex mix teams).
    4) The reward structure stinks, it's "get top 10 or die tryin" right now. A linear structure would be much better for the health of guilds.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • DavieJG
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Time to equalise all raid rewards. They're old content that just happen to give important rewards. When someone is enabling the guild to complete it then they should be rewarded accordingly. Once it can be completed by any 10 or less players then your score means nothing to the guild.

Anyone that is actively working on raid teams ahead of GA/tw/geo TB has no place in a top guild.

Equalise the raid rewards, let everyone focus on geo TB like they should be and we can all move past this.
  • Options
    Let me add another layer here that I should have added in the original statement: What if you’ve got 20-25 players all capable of putting up solid numbers in hstr, all capable of getting into the top ten. How would a guild workout these players, the top half of the guild, all with well rounded focused rosters, getting a reasonable share of the rewards, without cannibalising each other?

My guild did the first raid of each month, the players with the top 10 scores from the previous month score a minimum of only register. We did this for 7 months. We started out with about 14 "top 10" scores. When we got to where over 20 people were on the leaderboard (this past month), we discontinued it, because the benefit wasn't really there. The same group of active raiders was just flopping around spots. The 10 who were sitting out by putting up a 1 hit run were getting ~15th place rewards.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    miketo wrote: »

I was one of the first 2 or 3 to get Han in my guild. After getting him 7*, I didn't need to be asked to dial it back a little to let others have a shot. It was good for the guild overall (and I didn't look like a dyck).

However it's one thing to share the rewards by choice, as opposed to being forced by design.

That's not the same as HSith though. Everyone always needs g12 gear - ans top is the only place it's possible to get full piece drops. That's why comparing it to previous raids makes no sense - and also why the HSith rewards structure is poorly designed in terms of a guild event. It doesn't promote guild unity. If anything it creates animosity.

And because of the top heavy structure - those that normally finish in the top 10 are more likely to continue to do so - as the gap will onky widen over time. Honestly, it's easily the least "guild friendly" event of all if the guild events.

Don't get me wrong. I think the game should have areas of competition as a way to encourage roster improvement, etc. But arena (squad and fleet) are those areas of direct competition - with TW and TB being more of a "group" competition. Raids should be (and up to HSith, had been) strictly a" work as a team" event.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    We had a rule that nobody with traya could get top ten till all had her unlocked. We then moved to all with 7* traya stayed out of top 3. Now everyone except new joins is finished and it's ffa, but we suggest not hogging the top, and we alienate times so everyone can get it sometimes.

It's been much more effective for the guild overall than letting one guy hoard all the stuff, forcing ppl to waste time farming hsr teams when it's so outdated and useless now. It's also allowed us to get way beyond our expected geo tb stars. We've all gotten first at least once, and had roughly the same amount of times in top ten, etc. Teamwork.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options
    There are two types of players: 1) those who play for themselves; and 2) those who work as a guild. Type 1 will go for broke, survival of the fittest, if others can’t keep up, that’s their problem. These people want to have a free for all, mostly because it benefits them - they are usually ones capable of hitting top 5 spots, and will continue to do so as they get the better gear and advance faster. When others want a more even go and want some help, and a share of rewards that they otherwise can’t get by themselves, these type 1s complain, and often leave to go to bigger guilds and they keep trying to increase themselves to be the best individual player they can be.

Type 2 have a fundamentally different approach to the game. It is not all about being the best, but about the guild. They want to be a part of something bigger and greater than they themselves can ever be on their own. These people move guilds much less often. They are willing to sacrifice the top rewards sometimes so that others too can get them and advance, knowing that others advancing also advances the guild and ultimately makes the really tough end-game content more achievable for the guild as a whole. Rather than jumping ship to find a guild strong enough to support them, they support the guild and advance more slowly, but together. There is usually more harmony within a guild like that - people aren’t leaving or being kicked as much, people talk more and are more communicative, but yes, progress is more slow.

Personally I’d prefer to be in a guild with type 2, and most of my guild is like that, although we all have a few type 1s that need to be kept in line from time to time. I find the guild aspect of the game more interesting than just repeatedly doing mechanical tasks which are dependent on specific teams and rng, over and over - there is little challenge or reward in that, but something intrinsically interesting about the dynamics of other people.