Events Duration Lowered!

Vectorman
11 posts Member
edited July 2019
Last Rebel Roundup was only one day. That has been previously a two day event.

Same with recent Separatist Ground War and Secrets and Shadows. I know it's not a ton of gear or shards, but every bit helps.

Letting players choose victory rewards would also lessen the blow if more is to be taken away.

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    With the new GAC currency that you can buy 4 salvage with onc e every 2 months they had to cut back... getting a full piece worth of salavage once a year would break game in their minds
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    They likely did it to reduce our shard currency. :s
  • Options
    So looking back on the monthly event calendars Assault Battles (Places of Power, Military Might, Secrets and Shadows) were definitely 2 day events.

Back in February Rebel Roundup was also 2 days.

This serves no purpose except to hurt players and nobody seems to be talking about it. Events run tandem with these all the time.

Not a good move CG. My confidence continues to wane.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    KKatarn wrote: »

BecUse we all have soooooo much.....
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    *facepalm*

We've already had many threads about it. And many more random threads where people bring it up apropos of nothing. It's been talked about to death.

It's to balance the shard shop currency economy. Sometimes balancing an economy means giving more. Sometimes it means giving less. It's necessary for game balance. It is literally their job. Yes, you are getting less from that one, singular vector. That is not the same as "hurting players."

It is also utterly eclipsed by the assorted vectors CG continuously adds to the game for us to get more stuff.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I attempted several searches about events and their duration reduction to no avail. My apologies but such a well known topic seems difficult to uncover previous discussions.
  • Options
    More events, less duration, no problem
  • Options
    Does anyone search the forum before posting threads? There have been several threads about this already. We previously had three 2 days events...it was changed last month to six 1 day events. It's still 6 total days of assault battles per month....your "rewards" aren't lessened at all. You're whining about nothing.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Vectorman wrote: »
    I attempted several searches about events and their duration reduction to no avail. My apologies but such a well known topic seems difficult to uncover previous discussions.

t6jndsvblr6z.jpg

A search for Assault Battle, the event type you're referring to, shows that 3 of the top 4 results are on the topic of the reduction from 2 to 1.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Vectorman wrote: »
    Last Rebel Roundup was only one day. That has been previously a two day event.

It's been that way for over a month now. The change was announced when they put out the June calendar IIRC, and all assault battles since then have been 1 day. Did you just now notice?

Post edited by Slippyfist on
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    KKatarn wrote: »

You are looking at this wrong way. This is better for you as you are not required to repeat the event next day :)
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    @Angelloyd More events? You mean less events! Their being very stingy with events right now

April - 2 assault battles, 2 day duration
    May - 3 assault battles, 2 day duration
    June - 6 assault battles, 1 day duration
    July - 6 assault battles, 1 day duration

Looks like more events to me @JDIII
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    We had what 2 events in the past 2 weeks DarjeloSalas We didn’t have no 6 assault battles (whatever they are) in july. forgot credit heist, so 3 events

July isn't even half over @JDIII .

There are 6 scheduled for the month: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207595/event-calendar-july

• TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    We had what 2 events in the past 2 weeks DarjeloSalas We didn’t have no 6 assault battles (whatever they are) in july. forgot credit heist, so 3 events

Stop trying to play Futureman!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    We had what 2 events in the past 2 weeks @DarjeloSalas We didn’t have no 6 assault battles (whatever they are) in july. forgot credit heist, so 3 events
    That is a bizarre argument.

Check the calendars rather than making spurious claims.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Stop trying to play Futureman!

A message from the future: I have seen that on the next Original Tuesday the month of July will be half over. There will have been 3 Assault Battles and there will be 3 more to come before the month is over. It is known.