Surprise Marquee?

Prev1
I'd be happy with one right about 2 hrs from now 😉

It would certainly be better than other 'surprise mechanics' I've been hearing about lately...

Replies

• Options
    Who could it possibly be?
  • Options
    Honestly it doesn't matter, I'd just be happy to see a new face, we've only had 2~3 over the last 2 months
  • Options
    Who could it possibly be?

Maybe something to make a 3rd sep team with nute dooku and +/- Asajj
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Jar Jar, duh
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    People hate marquees until they forget how much they hate them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

^^ this!
  • Options

I think people hate being bored more...
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

I think people hate being bored more...

It's impossible to measure the different hates.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    People hate a marquee flood... they also dislike a marquee drought. What we want is a nice steady flow so that when they become farmable we can be close to finishing one farm before the next starts
  • rebelx
    7 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    People didn't hate Marquee, they hated the aftermath of Marquee. Aftermath being, char went to single hard node farm. CG never seemed to understand, differentiate between the releasing a char in Marquee and the aftermath single hard node and just referred the whole process as Marquee. Which may be their technical term for the whole process, but we only had a real issue with later half.
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    Options
    Jarjar
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Its like getting back with an ex girlfriend....

Who I am I kidding, bunch of Star Wars nerds playing a Star Wars video game. The ex would never get back together with....

Who I am I kidding, they never had a girlfriend to begin with.

P.S. yes, I recognize that I am profiling myself in this
  • DarkISI
    91 posts Member
    Options
    rebelx wrote: »
    People didn't hate Marquee, they hated the aftermath of Marquee. Aftermath being, char went to single hard node farm. CG never seemed to understand, differentiate between the releasing a char in Marquee and the aftermath single hard node and just referred the whole process as Marquee. Which may be their technical term for the whole process, but we only had a real issue with later half.

Too many Marquees is also a problem, but aside from that, you are right
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Who I am I kidding, bunch of Star Wars nerds playing a Star Wars video game. The ex would never get back together with....

Who are you kidding, I’ve never even met this “girlfriend” you speak of.
  • Options

Y'all need to find the right kinda of padme-like woman...and get her playing swgoh ;) my wife and I play our own accounts every single day together. Married for a year in a couple of days...playing swgoh for 1.5y together :) (she started sometime after we met hehe!)
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Just farm, star and gear some chars that are not meta and you dont familiar with, abd trying to make them effective in TW/GA. Its fun.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Just farm, star and gear some chars that are not meta and you dont familiar with, abd trying to make them effective in TW/GA. Its fun.

This exactly!
  • Options
    I never hated marquees, maybe they were a bit over done last year, but going from 30 to ~5 is a bit extreme.

I been farming gear, but I been farming gear since the beginning of the game...
  • Options
    Don't ask for a marquee until you've maxed Geo Brood Alpha, imo. I'm still enjoying that that was a F2P release, and I'm farming him on three refreshes a day. Sadly, I don't foresee getting him to 6* before this TB. But he should be maxed in time for the next one. :)
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    The Geos are super fun now. I'm building up the whole faction. Gives me another team for GA too, which is always good.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't like Geos tho...
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

That's not really CG's problem...
  • Options

That's not really CG's problem...

True...
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

While I know you arent in my guild I immediately did a double check just to make sure. Would have booted you for sure. Seperatists including Geos are a mandatory farm at this point. Bring on Wat!
  • Options

While I know you arent in my guild I immediately did a double check just to make sure. Would have booted you for sure. Seperatists including Geos are a mandatory farm at this point. Bring on Wat!

Oh, you're one of those people...
  • Options

If your guild is choosing to do geo Tb, no question- you should be farming GBA.

Geos are a requirement, a great team, and brings you WAT. Wat will be the game changer of the year. Helps in every mode of the game. He is the most important toon rn.
  • Options

IDC about your boots sir. I play for fun, and it's a game at the end of the day so...
  • Options

Geos are a requirement, a great team, and brings you WAT. Wat will be the game changer of the year. Helps in every mode of the game. He is the most important toon rn.

Lots of teams are great, just like the next meta will be (which should be coming in about a month or so)

Wat will be good, I'll give you that. And while I do hate Geos they are next on my farm list because I want to try wat on a few teams I'm thinking he will make great. But meta, idk. That's typically where most of my resources go here, because that's fun for me.
  • Options

Lots of teams are great, just like the next meta will be (which should be coming in about a month or so)

Wat will be good, I'll give you that. And while I do hate Geos they are next on my farm list because I want to try wat on a few teams I'm thinking he will make great. But meta, idk. That's typically where most of my resources go here, because that's fun for me.

That’s great. I’m happy some people still do that. As an older player I had the benefit of not having to farm toons for a little.

My whole empire team is zeta’d much to my guildies dismay Lol

But Tb is about guild progression. Playing and farming toons you want is awesome but can hurt 49 other ppl at the same time. If you’re in a guild that doesn’t mind, awesome. But more than likely 99 percent of the player base will farm these toons anyway.

GBA and geos have proved to be good counters to ns, Carth or scoundrels, and bossk led Bh. That helps in tw and ga.

Wat is thrawn 2.0. Plug and play anywhere. Going to help in geo Tb raids arena.everywhere.
  • Options

But Tb is about guild progression. Playing and farming toons you want is awesome but can hurt 49 other ppl at the same time. If you’re in a guild that doesn’t mind, awesome. But more than likely 99 percent of the player base will farm these toons anyway.

GBA and geos have proved to be good counters to ns, Carth or scoundrels, and bossk led Bh. That helps in tw and ga.

Wat is thrawn 2.0. Plug and play anywhere. Going to help in geo Tb raids arena.everywhere.

I don't think anybody disagrees with that. I don't appreciate Geos too, but of course I am still farming for Geo Brood Alpha, in terms of TB Geo, in terms of GA and because its a new character..who is farmable! Like, wow! I couldn't remember the last time that happened.

That being said, I am pretty sure that its not 99 percent of the player base will be farming these toons - at least not soon. The average player isn't there yet.