Reworked Geos, wow... but why should i farm/gear them

The new Geos are awesome 😎 well done CC
But why, why should i farm/gear them if i can blow them up with an totally undergeared Jawa squad?
Another squad just for offense?
It's not like the NS like you told us. 👎👎👎👎👎👎

Replies

• Options
    Any team that can sit there, take a beating, never take a turn and then win is pretty obviously not intended. It will eventually get "fixed" one way or another.
  • Options
    Geo tb
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Geo tb

This and what is wrong with another offensive squad?

Some teams are really meant to be PvE squads.
  • Youarenotmydad
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Geo tb

Nothing is wrong with another offensive squad... i love the new geos do be honest, even if they can't beat the Acklay 🤷‍♂️
    But CC told us that the new Geo are viable like the NS and that's absolutely not true.
    It's just good on offense but it xxxxxx (i don't write the word i woudl like to) on defense.
    I mean it is not ok if you have a g13 brood alpha or more g13 geos and you can beat them with a g9/10/11 jawa squad.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    But CC told us that the new Geo are viable like the NS and that's absolutely not true.

I don't thin they ever said viable. Here are the quotes from the "developer insights":
    Our goal was to create something like the Nightsister squad, a strong tribal team that really worked well together and has an interesting mechanic that was unique to the faction.
    Similar to Nightsisters, we wanted an interesting gameplay interaction that was unique this faction.

And here is what they said about TW/GA:
    The improved survivability makes them a hard team to punch through, making them a solid Grand Arena and Territory War team on defense. Many mid-tier squads do not have the control tools (stuns, buff immunity, or ability block) to get around Brute and kill the Brood Alpha and then raw damage to finish them off. On offense this team can even take on some of the harder squads in Grand Arena/Territory War.

Jawas seem like a faction that was not on their radar but nowhere in their quotes did they say this would be viable (which, to me, sounds like you're saying Arena viable). They specifically said "many mid-tier squads" for defense and "some of the harder squads" on offense.

Besides, Jawas aren't exactly a common team that many folks have ready to go. It's not something I'd worry about when deciding whether or not to gear the Geonosians.
  • Youarenotmydad
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I maxed the geos cause i love them and i'm super happy that the geos got the deserved rework. My statement was nothing against CG or something like that.
    But it is super frustrating if a squad you never used can beat them like if they are nothing.
    Maybe we will get some new geos and they will fix that "problem"
    ... maybe zombie geo, that would be awesome 🐜🐜🐜
    Post edited by Youarenotmydad on
  • Options
    It probably wasn't intentional, but this all seems like a fantastic rework for CG.

First, they vastly improved an underutilized faction to make it viable enough for PVP on top of being required for the new TB (making many in the community happy). Second, one of this newly revitalized faction's hard counters is another very underutilized faction. This means that players will have reasons to put resources into both squads (probably making CG money)
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Geo tb

Nothing is wrong with another offensive squad... i love the new geos do be honest, even if they can't beat the Acklay 🤷‍♂️
    It's just good on offense but it xxxxxx (i don't write the word i woudl like to) on defense.
    I mean it is not ok if you have a g13 brood alpha or more g13 geos and you can beat them with a g9/10/11 jawa squad.

I think you are reading too much into the statement, they were describing the synergy they were giving them, to be like NS, not the game play/viability and certainly nothing about specifics regarding their defensive position in GA/TW. They are describing the close nit "tribal" feel of the synergy they gave them, just like NS, a team designed to be primarily only units with that tag.
  • Options
    Geo tb

I think you are reading too much into the statement, they were describing the synergy they were giving them, to be like NS, not the game play/viability and certainly nothing about specifics regarding their defensive position in GA/TW. They are describing the close nit "tribal" feel of the synergy they gave them, just like NS, a team designed to be primarily only units with that tag.

Gotcha,
    Like i said, i love the rework. It's really fantastic!!!!
    But i am/was a bit frustrated that a squad of g9 noobs can beat them.
    I'm still looking forward and hope that we get maybe a new geo 🧟‍♀️🐜🦟 what will fix that unexpectedly "bug"
  • Options
    Is there a vid of jawas beating a full G12 geo team?
  • Options
    Metaverse did one.
    You can find some on youtube
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vkuAxmft0c
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Geo tb

BeralCator wrote: »

Note: this is not G9 Jawas beating G12 Geonosians. The Jawas are G10, G11 x3, G12.

oz7izcs1dx6e.jpg
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Geo tb

Note: this is not G9 Jawas beating G12 Geonosians. The Jawas are G10, G11 x3, G12.

oz7izcs1dx6e.jpg

You don't even need that high of gear shown in the video. Shard mate showed another one of all g8/9 & a g10 nebit doing the same thing.....
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Geo tb

oz7izcs1dx6e.jpg

You don't even need that high of gear shown in the video. Shard mate showed another one of all g8/9 & a g10 nebit doing the same thing.....

Against a G12 or higher set of Geonosians? The ones in the video barely survived long enough for the detonators to do their work.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Geo tb

oz7izcs1dx6e.jpg

Against a G12 or higher set of Geonosians? The ones in the video barely survived long enough for the detonators to do their work.

Yes was all g12 in the vid I saw (granted it didn't show mods), so they could have been unmodded for all I know).
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Geo tb

oz7izcs1dx6e.jpg

Yes was all g12 in the vid I saw (granted it didn't show mods), so they could have been unmodded for all I know).

That's... disturbing.
  • Options
    Geo tb

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but the NS are absolute garbage on defense of you don't have the right team for them. In my opinion, they are the one and ONLY faction I'm actually glad the AI plays them terribly. If the AI played the NS the right way no other team would really have a chance honestly. Nothing like seeing AV start the match with the speed advantage and watching her waste her precious first move healing a team before anyone even takes their first turn 😂

Apparently NS wreck G13 sith empire on offense. Who knew??
  • Options
    It sort of amuses me that whenever there's a squad that comes out that's really effective, we either get wails of "BUT THIS MAKES FOR A BORING META!" or "THIS OBSCURE TEAM CAN BEAT IT! FAIL!"

This is the seeds of a mixed meta. I hope they don't rework the Jawa (or if they do, make sure that the text is completely clear, though they'll probably get whines about that, too. Too complicated! vs. UNCLEAR!"). We'll still always see legendary or similar squads in the main top spots, but if they slowly start to introduce a bunch of teams that are effective under some situations but have vulnerabilities, they can work their way up more carefully-- especially if you have things like separatists leading into Padme, and how the empire/rebel/jedi/sith/FO/resistance etc. stuff works for the KOTOR characters (and before, CLS; I'm not sure where JTR sits arena-wise but given her powerhouse performance in Hsith P1, I think having one top tier be PVE focused is just fine).

So if they're smart, they'll go, "Huh, okay, sure, that works-- it looks like other teams X, Y, and Z will still stomp them, so it's just a part of a larger circle." Tweak where necessary.

There's going to be some problems with this on older shards where everyone has everything because of years of playing, but those are the very people who _can_ test this stuff at top end. Meanwhile, people rolling out of the Four Pillars and into the larger world will have a broader range of available choices, especially as they fill out for TW, TB, and GAC. I don't see a downside.
  • Options
    This Geo-rework is more than disappointing, they are still useless and ... boring.
    But this is just an opinion...
    :/
  • Options
    Unique is not working as intended, how can those geos get 40 thermals at once, each of them attack like 10 times during the battle. Unique says 50% to inflict thermal on the attacker so basically if that was a guaranteed chance those geos would have up to 80 thermals each. See something fishy?