Time to cut Ties with MobileGamer

Prev1
Dear EA,

It is time for you to end your relationship with the Youtuber known as Mobilegamer. If you are not aware, yesterday, he published a hit piece about one of your recently departed employees in which he spitefully asserted falsehoods about the reasons for said employees departure. While he has since taken the piece down from general view, that video now is floating in the permanent internet ether.

Not only was the video incredibly unprofessional, but it also could be viewed by your former employee as a potential civil tort if it should prove to be injurious to said employees professional reputation. A continued relationship with this Youtuber by your company could be viewed as tacit approval of the contents of his video. As such, I would give serious consideration to removing all of his access to the game.

Thank you for your time.

Replies

• Options
    Bro they already don’t endorse him anymore what do u want them to do?
  • Options
    fletchmars wrote: »
    Bro they already don’t endorse him anymore what do u want them to do?

He still has access and a game account....
  • Options
    Dear EA,

It is time for you to end your relationship with the Youtuber known as Mobilegamer. If you are not aware, yesterday, he published a hit piece about one of your recently departed employees in which he spitefully asserted falsehoods about the reasons for said employees departure. While he has since taken the piece down from general view, that video now is floating in the permanent internet ether.

Not only was the video incredibly unprofessional, but it also could be viewed by your former employee as a potential civil tort if it should prove to be injurious to said employees professional reputation. A continued relationship with this Youtuber by your company could be viewed as tacit approval of the contents of his video. As such, I would give serious consideration to removing all of his access to the game.

Thank you for your time.

How about Freedom of speech?
  • Shockers
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Dear EA,

Thank you for your time.

If you aren’t the affected party, maybe you should leave it alone.
  • Options
    Dear EA,

Thank you for your time.

How about Freedom of speech?

*sigh* Someone who doesn't understand the concept.

The concept of "Freedom of Speech" applies to an individuals freedom to speak without the government punishing you for that speech.

One does not have speech protections from other individuals or corporations. In fact, slander is a civil tort that outlines the potential consequences for injurious speech..
  • Options
    Shockers wrote: »
    Dear EA,

Thank you for your time.

If you aren’t the affected party, maybe you should leave it alone.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
  • Options
    I guess you missed the part where this company told him what he was "supposed" to say in his channel or not and threatened him for not complying,but yeah a youtuber is at fault here.
  • Shadroth
    160 posts Member
    Options
    I cannot find the video...
  • Options
    He should be able to give his opinion if he wants. You’re giving your own opinion here to sabotage him which seems hypocritical. But sure an eye for an eye right?
  • Options
    Dear EA,

Thank you for your time.

Are you serious bro?

Are you paying attention bro?

Because bro, Mobilegamer isn't part of EA, Capital games or Disney... Bro!

And as such, he can say whatever he wants bro.

He was never a direct employee of said businesses bro.

Who are you bro?

And why are fighting this fight bro?

Doesn't have anything to do with you bro....
  • Options
    Dear EA,

Thank you for your time.

Are you serious bro?

Are you paying attention bro?

And as such, he can say whatever he wants bro.

He was never a direct employee of said businesses bro.

Who are you bro?

And why are fighting this fight bro?

Doesn't have anything to do with you bro....

Bro
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    How could anyone possibly care about this?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Dear EA,

Thank you for your time.

He has "access to a special build and the ability to talk to developers". That my friend is a business relationship.

And I ain't your bro.
  • Options
    He should be able to give his opinion if he wants. You’re giving your own opinion here to sabotage him which seems hypocritical. But sure an eye for an eye right?

He didn't give an opinion. He used his platform to provide a false narrative.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

How could you not?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

How could you not?

Tell me why I should.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    "I haz internet ackses, I iz lawyer nao"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

How could you not?

Tell me why I should.

Well he could argue that since this could harm carries “professional reputation” that a person should show empathy and stand up (figuratively) for her.
  • Options
    Dear EA,

Thank you for your time.

He has "access to a special build and the ability to talk to developers". That my friend is a business relationship.

And I ain't your bro.

m20mu87u1ebo.jpeg
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

How could you not?

Tell me why I should.

Well he could argue that since this could harm carries “professional reputation” that a person should show empathy and stand up (figuratively) for her.

I've shown plenty of empathy for her in the Thanks Carrie (ha) thread. I'm not going to search out a video by youtuber and complain about it. Don't care enough to put in the effort.
  • Options

How could you not?

Tell me why I should.

Or you know, because it's the right thing? Part of the biggest problems with today's society is media personalities abusing their platforms. They should be held accountable when possible.
  • Options
    Wow just wow.
  • Options
    Dear EA,

Thank you for your time.

Afraid of free speech?

nuafcamgfoma.jpg
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Dear EA,

Thank you for your time.

And I ain't your bro.

That is not a business relationship if he has no stake in the company. Playing a game and spending money on it does not define the investment into the company either, only the product.

Additionally, freedom of speech is protected outside of government by freedom of expression. He has his right to his opinion if you agree or not.

• Options
    If you actually cared about Carrie you would have quietly PM'd a member of the team, not written a public post. Sounds more like someone just trying to stir things up.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Gair wrote: »

That is not a business relationship if he has no stake in the company. Playing a game and spending money on it does not define the investment into the company either, only the product.
    he has access to a test account.
    Additionally, freedom of speech is protected outside of government by freedom of expression. He has his right to his opinion if you agree or not.

he has the right to his oppinion and ea/cg has the right to ban him for having said oppinion.
    Save water, drink champagne!
This discussion has been closed.