We need more malaks

Prev134
Communication goes a long way,if you dont want to communicate with your playerbase then delete the forums.

When is the next malak event coming?

PS:I dont own any of the revans.

Replies

• Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Forget Malak if you don't have revan.
    Another pointless post...

No its not pointless,we need more communication,but they keep ignoring their playerbase,then they see revenues go down,then they wonder why.

Just becouse i dont have revans doesnt mean i shoudnt care for the betterment of the game.Do you like getting ignored,couse i dont.I dont care only about my own skin,you should try it some time.

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Another pointless thread
  • Options
    So you want them to say something like we:
    We can’t comment when an event will come next till we decide the date
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options

No its not pointless,we need more communication,but they keep ignoring their playerbase,then they see revenues go down,then they wonder why.

Just becouse i dont have revans doesnt mean i shoudnt care for the betterment of the game.Do you like getting ignored,couse i dont.I dont care only about my own skin,you should try it some time.

Why do you care about malak

There are other topics they can communicate about you can complain on instead
  • Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    So you want them to say something like we:
    We can’t comment when an event will come next till we decide the date

I want them mainly to be upfront with their tactics.First of all they dont give out malak so ppl who paid for him in the first place have an upper hand,if you wanted to make GAC you would give a fair chance for others to get him before it even started,but you going on that you try to balance matchmaking,etc,bla,bla,but dont face the elephant in the room at all.

Malak is just the big example of lack of communication on their part that draws attention,so yeah this is what this post and many are attempting to do.

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Why do you care about malak

There are other topics they can communicate about you can complain on instead

Yeah i just felt like it would have a more impact instead of my post being buried among others,couse in other threads they actually have the revans and are ready for malak,which i dont own anyone.If you would like i pm you my swgoh account to see my roster.

• Options
    Well CG never, i repeat, never announced such events on the 2nd appearance beforehand, CG also stated once, that such events will not be communicated beforehand for the first 2 appearances.
    The reason for the "delay" (which is not delayed, because no one commited to a date) is obvious, the paying customer/player base, who spent money to get him the first time (i'm not :) ).
    Now immagine you spent 300.- to get Malak the 1st time (or more), and after 3 months a lot of other players get him also without spending 1 cent.
    Why would you be willed to spend again seriuos money for future events/chars?
    Like this CG gives some more value to the money those player spent for Malak, and will encourage them to do the same naxt time, got it? ;)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Options
    Manumicio wrote: »
    Well CG never, i repeat, never announced such events on the 2nd appearance beforehand, CG also stated once, that such events will not be communicated beforehand for the first 2 appearances.
    The reason for the "delay" (which is not delayed, because no one commited to a date) is obvious, the paying customer/player base, who spent money to get him the first time (i'm not :) ).
    Now immagine you spent 300.- to get Malak the 1st time (or more), and after 3 months a lot of other players get him also without spending 1 cent.
    Like this CG gives some more value to the money those player spent for Malak, and will encourage them to do the same naxt time, got it? ;)

Well as a side note,they arent even that smart,couse if ppl got malak they would need to gear him and they would be forced to pay to stay competive in new GAC,now the longer the delay the more ppl gonna be ready and have been hoarding up gear for him as well.

As for your main post,in many situations you can buy something and see it go on sale after 2 days,so there is always a minor risk involved.I would love to be in arena first for 3 months,i am sure they got something back,main reason i would assume is for the satisfaction of having such an op hero as well.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    We need less Malaks, nerf Malak!
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    Manumicio wrote: »

That would make a lot more sense if the original release hadn't been perceived as a nice, big flipoff by the customers who paid to get Darth Revan shortly before. A lot of folks forked over money to have the Next Big Thing...and then, in short order, found out that they didn't have it.

Rather, along came Malak in a super-short event, with circumstances such that those who paid for DR either couldn't pay to get DM, too...or felt like they were being told, "Hey, you paid us to have an advantage? Pay us more, NOW, if you actually want to have one." Felt like their previous payment had been completely disrespected, etc.

Not saying whether any of these attitudes are right or wrong, but the whole "CG respects paying customers and wants to reward them" theme doesn't always come through loud and clear.
  • Options
    Maybe the third time will be in mid 2020 if malak return in 6 months after the first time.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I’m personally really looking forward to the return of Malak.
    It will mark the point where the “Where is Malak?” threads end and the “Please delay because I’m not ready for Malak!” threads begin.
    Followed by the era of the “Ok I’m ready now so when is Malak returning” threads, which will begin the day that the event ends.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I miss nerf threads to be honest. It converted to "I want the same too".
  • Options
    No thanks!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Re
    Set
    The

CLOCK!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    It’s a smart move to keep Malak exclusive as long as they can. That means people will pay more next time for exclusivity.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    e9cv0qvlzilt.jpeg
  • Options
    Hmm, I think someone could open a new thread concerning Malaks return...
    It's at least entertaining, I love the reactions!

Btw, is nobody complaining about Logray-Shards anymore?

B)
  • Options
    Katsapliako, many f2p players (me among them) got DR AND MALAK on the first time. they weren't solely p2p as you insinuate. if you had the crystals saved, you had your chance to get him, so don't complain they didnt give ppl a chance. malak is a more hard-to-get character, and the way he was released meant that he was NOT intended for everyone to have him. as for the communication part, yeah, they seem to like the game of hide-and-seek a little more than normal. so have fun, and γαμησε τους ολους.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    op has the right to ask. Why are you guys bothered about him asking? If you don't like it, ignore it. Common sense.

Did you miss the first 300 threads?
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    vhyez6byx3kh.gif
  • Options
    Hey @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_TopHat give us some type of communication here. This is getting ridiculous. It’s okay to communicate with your player base....it really is. In fact, I bet it would encourage more spending. Because at this point, I’ve completely closed off my wallet to anyone new. I got burned on Malak, so I won’t make the mistake again spending to get a toon (Drevan) only to see him become irrelevant for this extended amount of time. COMMUNICATE. Please.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    op has the right to ask. Why are you guys bothered about him asking? If you don't like it, ignore it. Common sense.

Did you miss the first 300 threads?

No. I just chose to ignore them. That's an option, you know.

Lol it’s an Internet forum and it’s filled with trolls, no ones going to ignore them, especially when there are so many.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Hey @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_TopHat give us some type of communication here. This is getting ridiculous. It’s okay to communicate with your player base....it really is. In fact, I bet it would encourage more spending. Because at this point, I’ve completely closed off my wallet to anyone new. I got burned on Malak, so I won’t make the mistake again spending to get a toon (Drevan) only to see him become irrelevant for this extended amount of time. COMMUNICATE. Please.

Nice try.

They don’t need to communicate about this issue. It’s not going to harm their income, because the people who spent to get Malak and people considering it last time will all spend on the next big toon, no matter how abrupt the event comes, because of this long period of exclusivity.