We need more malaks

Replies

• Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Hey @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_TopHat give us some type of communication here. This is getting ridiculous. It’s okay to communicate with your player base....it really is. In fact, I bet it would encourage more spending. Because at this point, I’ve completely closed off my wallet to anyone new. I got burned on Malak, so I won’t make the mistake again spending to get a toon (Drevan) only to see him become irrelevant for this extended amount of time. COMMUNICATE. Please.

Nice try.

They don’t need to communicate about this issue. It’s not going to harm their income, because the people who spent to get Malak and people considering it last time will all spend on the next big toon, no matter how abrupt the event comes, because of this long period of exclusivity.

I guess I’m lucky then since it left a bad taste. I’ll spend on something meaningful.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    M A L A K . I S N ' T . A . L E G E N D A R Y

He is a mythical event that CG purposely made so they don't have to release him in 3 months.

He could easily come every 6 months 9 months 12 months ect.
  • Options
    Well i actually am sad about those ppl that are saying that CG doesnt need to communicate with us,thats its just pure bad mentality of the Community.Hell yeah not want,we demand more Communication.

Aside from that i cant disagree that this post is like all the rest ones about malak,but who can blame me?I logged today and i had nothing to do,after a while i noticed ppl cheered in guild about getting CLS,then i said,ohh ok we had one more event today,that wasnt for me at this time.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    No its not pointless,we need more communication,but they keep ignoring their playerbase,then they see revenues go down,then they wonder why.

Just becouse i dont have revans doesnt mean i shoudnt care for the betterment of the game.Do you like getting ignored,couse i dont.I dont care only about my own skin,you should try it some time.
    Sufficient communication is not the same as telling you everything you want to hear when you want to hear it.

We know how event unit releases work. The event is announced. The event runs. The event ends. Months later, the event is announced again, and shortly after that it runs again. The second running is announced when it is ready to be announced. CG does not give teasers or announcements for the date of announcements. It is announced when it is ready to be announced. And that is ample communication.

Malak was announced. Malak came. Now, months are going by. Malak will be announced again, and shortly after that he will come. We know the requirements when he does come. That will not change. We know how to be ready. Just standby.

We have ample information.

That you want more or are impatient or choose to be obnoxious on the matter does not change that. We know all that we need to know, and the rest will come at the appropriate time.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    did you just start playing the game last week? You don't know how the timing of announcements work on return of journey, legendary, etc. type characters??
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    No its not pointless,we need more communication,but they keep ignoring their playerbase,then they see revenues go down,then they wonder why.

Just becouse i dont have revans doesnt mean i shoudnt care for the betterment of the game.Do you like getting ignored,couse i dont.I dont care only about my own skin,you should try it some time.
    Sufficient communication is not the same as telling you everything you want to hear when you want to hear it.

We know how event unit releases work. The event is announced. The event runs. The event ends. Months later, the event is announced again, and shortly after that it runs again. The second running is announced when it is ready to be announced. CG does not give teasers or announcements for the date of announcements. It is announced when it is ready to be announced. And that is ample communication.

Malak was announced. Malak came. Now, months are going by. Malak will be announced again, and shortly after that he will come. We know the requirements when he does come. That will not change. We know how to be ready. Just standby.

We have ample information.

That you want more or are impatient or choose to be obnoxious on the matter does not change that. We know all that we need to know, and the rest will come at the appropriate time.

You just keep missing the whole point,i dont want exact date,day-time,hrs,minute,seconds,i want them to acknowledge that some ppl want something and stop being ignored alltogether.

Just becouse they said something doesnt mean it'll stay the same,one good example of it,like the supposed compensation we would get,so ofc i wont believe them 100% when they say something.
    Do you think being ignored helps or just makes it worse?Its not my fault they dont listen to the community.I personally choose not to believe them anymore.

• Options
    https://swgoh.gg/p/325585281/

Ok this is my PROFILE where i dont own any of the revans,so i have rly no benefit coming from this malak person.Couse i see some ppl comment on it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    op has the right to ask. Why are you guys bothered about him asking? If you don't like it, ignore it. Common sense.

Probably bc he can’t get malak so it literally doesn’t matter to him?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    op has the right to ask. Why are you guys bothered about him asking? If you don't like it, ignore it. Common sense.

And that means he can't ask...how?

Can’t?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

And that means he can't ask...how?

Can’t?

You're criticizing him for asking but you fail to provide a decent argument as to why he shouldn't have asked or cannot ask.

?

And I go back to my point...how does that change the fact that he can ask?

Sigh. Anyone can ask anything. We have 1500 where’s malak posts, op can’t get malak, so...
  • VaexquaGer
    466 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I wonder when his event will return, maybe I should open a thread to collect some interesting opinions...

>:)
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    I can't believe I wasted my time even reading this thread. Uggg. Communication is fine. They never said when malak would come again and never have seen a post like he is not coming this week wait and see about next week. Bla bla bla bla
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    You just keep missing the whole point,i dont want exact date,day-time,hrs,minute,seconds,i want them to acknowledge that some ppl want something and stop being ignored alltogether.

Just becouse they said something doesnt mean it'll stay the same,one good example of it,like the supposed compensation we would get,so ofc i wont believe them 100% when they say something.
    Do you think being ignored helps or just makes it worse?Its not my fault they dont listen to the community.I personally choose not to believe them anymore.
    I'm not missing the point.

There isn't a point.

You say you don't want a date and time. What do you want, for them to come into this ridiculous barrage of, "Where's Malak where's Malak where's Malak?" threads that have been going on for literally a month and say, "Noted?" To say literally nothing except establish a presence in these many, many threads? Then what? Maybe things calm down in one thread for one day, and it's back to full?

You're not being ignored. You are not saying anything that warrants a response. Any response.

Malak will come back. We both know this. Malak will come back at some date and time. Not only do we both know this, you say you aren't asking for it. They are not going to announce that date and time until it's time for the announcement. We both also know this. And these, "Where's Malak?" threads have been raging for literally a month. They obviously know people are anxious for Malak.

You know all of the things they could possibly tell them. You are asking for nothing. You have no point. You are not being ignored; you are saying nothing that warrants response. You're just petulantly demanding attention from the content creators over your personal outrage for no reason other than your own gratification. And personal response over questions to which there is no information to give at this time is not a reasonable expectation.

Just. Wait.
    Still not a he.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Another day and no malak? Oh dear
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with your post is that people HAVE been waiting. They have been waiting for more than 3 months. When is it going to be enough? How long are people supposed to wait to get some answers? Do you not understand the importance of communication?

The reason there's so many "where's Darth Malak?" threads is a direct result of the lack of communication from the developers. They see the threads but don't do anything to rectify it.

The problem isn't people asking, it's CG being silent and keeping people in the dark.
    And those people have been waiting less than four months.

When is it going to be long enough? When it's long enough. Yoda was 35 days to the second running. CLS was 140 days. In either case, the second running was not announced until it was time to announce it.

This is a new event type. What's its cycle? We do not know, because it is not time for us to know yet. And that's fine.

The most analogous time frame we have is "roughly 3-4 months." It does not necessarily apply to this event, but it is the best we have at this time. And we're not past four months yet, let alone the wiggle room supplied by "roughly." It's a month too soon for outrage to even start, yet the outrage started a month ago, two weeks after Devan 2 and before we were even in that "roughly 3-4 months" window.

CG does far more communication than most freemium mobile games. Then the fanbase turns around and says they don't communicate because there is additional information at the edge of the communication that aren't ready for release yet. But that is not a failure of communication. That is the fanbase's voracious desire to know everything immediately if not sooner. That is a desire nobody can meet, and which CG is not obligated to.

These many, many Malak threads are not the result of a lack of communication. You have all of the information that you should have at this point. What you are asking for is literally nothing. Rather, you are being a brat, and blaming CG for your own brattiness for not humoring you.

The "rectifying" due to the spamming of Malak threads is in progress. They're being deleted by the dozen on both this forum and on Reddit as the spam that it is, because that's all it is at this point.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Your post contains so much CG *** kissing that I cannot take you seriously anymore. You lost all credibility.
    That this is your response to the slightest amount of human decency, understanding, and patience is telling.
    Still not a he.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with your post is that people HAVE been waiting. They have been waiting for more than 3 months. When is it going to be enough? How long are people supposed to wait to get some answers? Do you not understand the importance of communication?

The reason there's so many "where's Darth Malak?" threads is a direct result of the lack of communication from the developers. They see the threads but don't do anything to rectify it.

The problem isn't people asking, it's CG being silent and keeping people in the dark.

When is it going to be long enough? When it's long enough. Yoda was 35 days to the second running. CLS was 140 days. In either case, the second running was not announced until it was time to announce it.

This is a new event type. What's its cycle? We do not know, because it is not time for us to know yet. And that's fine.

The most analogous time frame we have is "roughly 3-4 months." It does not necessarily apply to this event, but it is the best we have at this time. And we're not past four months yet, let alone the wiggle room supplied by "roughly." It's a month too soon for outrage to even start, yet the outrage started a month ago, two weeks after Devan 2 and before we were even in that "roughly 3-4 months" window.

CG does far more communication than most freemium mobile games. Then the fanbase turns around and says they don't communicate because there is additional information at the edge of the communication that aren't ready for release yet. But that is not a failure of communication. That is the fanbase's voracious desire to know everything immediately if not sooner. That is a desire nobody can meet, and which CG is not obligated to.

These many, many Malak threads are not the result of a lack of communication. You have all of the information that you should have at this point. What you are asking for is literally nothing. Rather, you are being a brat, and blaming CG for your own brattiness for not humoring you.

The "rectifying" due to the spamming of Malak threads is in progress. They're being deleted by the dozen on both this forum and on Reddit as the spam that it is, because that's all it is at this point.

Your post contains so much CG *** kissing that I cannot take you seriously anymore. You lost all credibility.

What happened to “being the better person?”
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

What happened to “being the better person?”

I'm sorry that you don't like honesty.

The truth is that you exposed your hypocrisy; if anyone can ask anything, why can’t anyone respond with anything?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

They have never communicated about the first return of an event, and have stated they wouldnt (when pertaining to events covered by the release cadence) until the event is coming. Shouldnt it be common sense to not ask?
    OP- the first and second run of events are closely guarded secrets that they will only hint to, on occasion. They do this to generally keep people off their game and catch them by surprise. This has nothing to do with a lack of communication, it is just the general practice when dealing with this topic.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

They have never communicated about the first return of an event, and have stated they wouldnt (when pertaining to events covered by the release cadence) until the event is coming. Shouldnt it be common sense to not ask?
    OP- the first and second run of events are closely guarded secrets that they will only hint to, on occasion. They do this to generally keep people off their game and catch them by surprise. This has nothing to do with a lack of communication, it is just the general practice when dealing with this topic.

Well i'll quote you since you are a moderator,haha.

First of all lack of Communication is across all boards,not just malak,but malak is the biggest thing to gain attention,this is why i didnt start one wanting back the hard nodes to 8 for example.

Secondly i am using my critical thinking and i dont take by heart what CG wants to only communicate to us.

Thridly and most importantly there are ppl who are spending a lot of Money for that game,so however harsh it may sound,we demand things,just becouse CG has a said Policy,doesnt mean it has to stay that way,we are the paying customers and they should listen to us more.No matter how stupid our claim is,at least akwnowledge it and come to forums.

PS:As a General note,if i dont like something,i am voicing my opinion,this applies to my Real life as well,i am not sitting in my couch,doing nothing all day,if i dont like something,i will try to make it change.

• Options
    Well if that was common knowledge then you'd be right. I wasn't aware of that and I didn't see anyone else mention it here.

I'm sure there's plenty of other people on here that didn't know that either.

You may not have actually read the thread then:
    Manumicio wrote: »
    Well CG never, i repeat, never announced such events on the 2nd appearance beforehand, CG also stated once, that such events will not be communicated beforehand for the first 2 appearances.