August Events

Prev1
Dnoff423
403 posts Member
edited July 2019
The August Calendar looks a bit bare. Not only is it missing ghosts of dathomir (yes I know not that big of a deal because most people have zombie and spirit at 7 star already) but also missing is the Defense of Dathomir and Endor Escalation event which were pretty reliable sources of zeta once a month since they came out. Combine that with the assault battles events being relegated to only one day makes the August Calendar especially bare.

I could be wrong but in an announcement a while back didn't they say they were reducing the assault battles from 2 days to 1 because they were going to be having more events? There are significantly fewer events this month.

Also where waa Galactic Bounties I last month. I know Galactic Bounties II happened but 1 did not.

Those assault battles are big suppliers of extra character shards for conversion in the shard shop. If you are going to reduce the number of events please make them 2 days again.

Replies

• Options
    Ghosts of dathomir is coming on the 3rd.
    But yeah, it really sucks that we went from having two days of defense of dathomir per month down to zero.
  • Options
    Missing Padme
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    They're not gonna add everything on there obviously
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    The August Calendar looks a bit bare. Not only is it missing ghosts of dathomir (yes I know not that big of a deal because most people have zombie and spirit at 7 star already) but also missing is the Defense of Dathomir and Endor Escalation event which were pretty reliable sources of zeta once a month since they came out. Combine that with the assault battles events being relegated to only one day makes the August Calendar especially bare.

I could be wrong but in an announcement a while back didn't they say they were reducing the assault battles from 2 days to 1 because they were going to be having more events? There are significantly fewer events this month.

The Ghosts of Dathomir is right there on August 3rd, second entry on the calendar. Why are people still so confused about Assault Battles? We previously got 3 two day long Assault Battles. This was changed a few months ago to 6 one day long Assault Battles. We still get the same 6 days total of Assault Battles of every month....nothing was "reduced".
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    Missing Padme
    JediFrost wrote: »
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    Missing Padme

The fact that there’s a gap there basically is saying Padme is coming (speculation) but probable

I hope so.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    93knqfvwosaa.png
    sa2unax2o8n2.png

@Vos_Landeck

I see the ghosts of dathomir now thank you. However, I disagree about you saying there were only 3 a month before. For reference I have posted the January and February calendar which has two day long events and 6 of them. Even going back to November there were 5 at 2 days each.

Padme won't show up yet because it would only be her second run so I'm not upset about that not being on there mainly the Defense of Dathomir, end or escalation and one day assault battles.

• Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    October and September also had 5 2 day assault battles and August had 6
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    October 2017 was the last month that only had 3 assault battles.
  • Options
    They give us less of everything now. The well is drying up slowly. We get less slicing components now too since the change in GAC. I was able to slice so many 6* mods now they are a slow trickle.
  • Options
    Padme not being there is concerning
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    X3333333 wrote: »
    Padme not being there is concerning

For legendary events they don't show up on the calendar until the third time through so she will probably show up in August but won't be on the calendar because it is only the second time the event has run. They will announce her event about a week before it starts...usually.
  • Options
    RIP Galactic Bounties I. I hardly knew ye.
  • Options
    So lot less events, lot less loot, no GAC... and, off course, nothing new...
    This calendar + the road ahead post clearly shows the state of this game :_(
  • Options
    17 active days of event per month now, vs 25 to 27 before. (not counting legendaries/mythic)
    Oh and the rate of "credit heist" has been reduced, obviously.

Everything's fine.
  • Options
    No one has mentioned it so I shall. Combine this with the G12 price reduction and it makes that pointless because the shards to spend are cut.
  • Options
    I'm surprised to see that a VERY RARE event that is Artist of War is coming back in 2 months time to the rotation, while others most notably Emperor's demise is going to take a very long break over 120 days most probably.
    While for very seasoned and old players these events does not matter a lot, for many newcomers such as me this are the main anchors towards character development especially due to the fact that with these characters the Squad Arena progress is significantly more successful.
    One thing is that you can never truly plan ahead longer than a month, but to hold back legendary characters that are dominating the current meta (at least in my shard) easily makes new players lose ground and fall out of progress.
    Why is it good?
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    No one has mentioned it so I shall. Combine this with the G12 price reduction and it makes that pointless because the shards to spend are cut.

Exactly this as well. And I've already burned through my ally tokens stash on the chance of getting character shards to convert to shard shop currency for G12 pieces.
  • Options

Yep, found myself in the last times more often without shard currency and possibility to get some (Arena,GW etc.), it's sad waiting for gear that never shows up (e.g. stunguns), and when it does i'm out of currency B)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Options

Let's also not forget that gear 12 pieces were reduced in price, while things like mrk 5 stun guns stay at their original price, and are now more expensive than gear 12... 🤨
  • Options

The Ghosts of Dathomir is right there on August 3rd, second entry on the calendar. Why are people still so confused about Assault Battles? We previously got 3 two day long Assault Battles. This was changed a few months ago to 6 one day long Assault Battles. We still get the same 6 days total of Assault Battles of every month....nothing was "reduced".

they have been reduced by half. If you go back to Aug 2018 calendar, we had 12 days of Assault battles, now only 6. July 2018 had 10 days of Assault battles. July 2019 only had 6. So all the people who say we are getting the same are completely wrong.

• jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Extremely disappointing Calendar indeed in almost all regards really

What I find extremely annoying too is the low dirty tactic of not giving advance notice of Legendaries. You can say they don't appear until after the 3rd time, but they are actually doing it for other toons too. Not this last one but the CLS event around 3 months ago was NOT posted on the Calendar at all. I assumed it was going to be a month later changed my farming focus, and then SURPRISE, 4 days into the month oh btw CLS is next week. Hahaha, now you have to spend money to get him, suckers. They just did the exact same thing with the last Revan event, too. Just wreaks and really sick of it already

The is a huge Legendary gap on the ca lender in August, surely Padme is coming, but we now can't plan for it at all, it is a real PITA. I would expect there will be another before Thrawn in addition as well.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Extremely disappointing Calendar indeed in almost all regards really

What I find extremely annoying too is the low dirty tactic of not giving advance notice of Legendaries. You can say they don't appear until after the 3rd time, but they are actually doing it for other toons too. Not this last one but the CLS event around 3 months ago was NOT posted on the Calendar at all. I assumed it was going to be a month later changed my farming focus, and then SURPRISE, 4 days into the month oh btw CLS is next week. Hahaha, now you have to spend money to get him, suckers. They just did the exact same thing with the last Revan event, too. Just wreaks and really sick of it already

If you actually read the announced event cadence post, this is completely consistent with it. They said that after the second time, legendaries will appear on the calendar, but hero's journeys will not necessarily be put on the calendar even after they become legacy events.

v8qnl5rb856h.png

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018
  • twstdbydsn
    1102 posts Member
    Options
    Ramses7171 wrote: »

Galactic Bounties I starts in 4 days
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

Agreed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Agreed.

That eliminates one of the concerns for this month, still didn't get one last month though.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Agreed.

That eliminates one of the concerns for this month, still didn't get one last month though.

They haven't been together in the same month for a long time IIRC.

Also Padme is back 8/7.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/210541/aggressive-negotiations-resumes-8-7#latest
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options

Agreed.

They haven't been together in the same month for a long time IIRC.

Also Padme is back 8/7.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/210541/aggressive-negotiations-resumes-8-7#latest

Padme wasn't one of my concerns in my original post but was brought up by others so that's good. I seem to remember both galactic bounties running about 4 days apart in the months preceding July. But I could be wrong my memory is not always perfect.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    You can compare dates here.

https://swgohevents.com/event/galactic-bounties

https://swgohevents.com/event/galactic-bounties-ii

Apparently they were matched up in Aug, Sept, Dec, Jan, and Feb, alternating since then.