Omegas need the Zeta treatment

Prev1
It's time our weekly ability materials event GUARANTEES an omega on every successful attempt. We have received this much needed fix for the zeta on the ships challenge, but are yet to see it implemented with omegas. The average player uses more omegas than zetas, and the average character needs more omegas than zetas to be competitive. Please address this issue promptly CG.

Replies

• Options
    ........ you get a free omega every day. They have addressed this have a good day.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    ........ you get a free omega every day. They have addressed this have a good day.

No they haven't..... if you add 80 characters that each need 20 to 50 omegas, than you also need to add new ways of getting the omega, omega day has been there since forever
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    You make 6 zetas a week (from challenges)

And 7 omegas a week (from daily actives)

Not even counting challenges / omega events.

It's perfectly fine.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

It's perfectly fine.

7 a week isn’t anything to write home about. That’s lack luster honestly. If you even just added a guaranteed omega to the GW mode to double your omega output it would be pretty balanced then in my opinion.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

It's perfectly fine.

7 a week isn’t anything to write home about. That’s lack luster honestly. If you even just added a guaranteed omega to the GW mode to double your omega output it would be pretty balanced then in my opinion.

Wdym? You get around 10-14 a week if u factor in the events, omega battles and challenges.
  • Options

It's perfectly fine.

Wdym? You get around 10-14 a week if u factor in the events, omega battles and challenges.

The only guarantees omegas you get are the ones from your daily missions. You aren’t guaranteed any outside of that. I’m saying if you added in just 7 more guaranteed through the GW completion then you’d alleviate the crunch a bit. New characters need at minimum 15 omegas each. Most 20-25, even more with Zeta abilities. There’s plenty necessity and an extra 7 a week won’t hurt anyone
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

It's perfectly fine.

The only guarantees omegas you get are the ones from your daily missions. You aren’t guaranteed any outside of that. I’m saying if you added in just 7 more guaranteed through the GW completion then you’d alleviate the crunch a bit. New characters need at minimum 15 omegas each. Most 20-25, even more with Zeta abilities. There’s plenty necessity and an extra 7 a week won’t hurt anyone

Omega battles? But yeah. Except I feel like an omega flood would be too much since it's a way to keep the whales at bay
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options

It's perfectly fine.

Omega battles? But yeah. Except I feel like an omega flood would be too much since it's a way to keep the whales at bay

Ahhhh whales already got all the omegas in the world..... not sure what you mean
  • Options

It's perfectly fine.

They have an avenue to buy them though in weekly shipments and refreshes in the ship store.

Omega battles aren’t every day though. There’s multiple ways to increase the flow of omegas to alleviate the crunch without hurting their bottom line. They just need to actually do it. Heck maybe even just implement double omegas over the weekend in your daily mission? Idk just another idea
  • Options
    I go back to the Fleet Challenge. It feels to me like once they guaranteed the zetas, they significantly dropped the rate on Omegas. I had zero troubles with the drop rates on either or both before the change, now I have seen less than 5 omegas drop since the zeta guarantee. I don’t solely depend on that challenge, but it was a huge hit from maybe 5 a week to nothing for weeks on end with zetas rolling in regularly.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Yikes, you want a guaranteed 3 omegas on Wed, Sat, and Sun? I'm as irritated as anyone when I don't get any omegas from the set of 3 challenges, but 9 more a week seems a little high. Especially with the extra omegas from events and TW (every 2 weeks). Managing resources and roster planning is a big part of the game, I wouldn't want to see it trivialized.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Yikes, you want a guaranteed 3 omegas on Wed, Sat, and Sun? I'm as irritated as anyone when I don't get any omegas from the set of 3 challenges, but 9 more a week seems a little high. Especially with the extra omegas from events and TW (every 2 weeks). Managing resources and roster planning is a big part of the game, I wouldn't want to see it trivialized.

You do know that in total as it stands we need around 4470 omegas and roughly 2900 zeta Matt's? How could getting 9 extra omega a week ruin the currency?
    Let's say you get 11 omega a week, that would require you to log in every week for 406 weeks and you will have enough omegas, only not because more and more characters are being added every now and then
  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    competitive fleet player in 160mil gp tw ok guild

4 tw zeta average 2.5 per is 10 a month
    6 a week for fleet store is about 25 a month (more than 4 weeks)
    3 x 2 per week for challenge is 25 a month (same)
    = 60 zeta month

30 omegas for daily
    10 a month for omega challenges (inc 1 refresh)
    16-20 for tw
    say 10 bought in weekly shipments (varies)
    = 66 to 70 omegas

1 to 1 does not work in my opinion as zeta requires omegas to open and to use

corrections?

• Options
    kalidor wrote: »

Hey you know, if you were to get 11 omega per week, you would need to play for 8 year and half to get all the omegas in the game which is like what 4,500 omega mats and like 2,000 zetas?

Yeah but how long would it take you to Omega everyone you actually care about?
  • Options
    Cehmybro wrote: »
    It's time our weekly ability materials event GUARANTEES an omega on every successful attempt. We have received this much needed fix for the zeta on the ships challenge, but are yet to see it implemented with omegas. The average player uses more omegas than zetas, and the average character needs more omegas than zetas to be competitive. Please address this issue promptly CG.

So you want them to give you another 9 per week, bringing the minimum per week to 16, over double. And you think that’s a reasonable ask because they once took a volatile resource that averaged to one per run and made it a guaranteed one per run?

Okay.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    If people need omegas, can't they just buy them from the fleet store? If you're in the top 200, you will almost earn enough fleet currency to buy an omega per day. It should be possible to create a healthy balance between omegas and zetas if you only buy the materials you need the most.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    plindboe wrote: »
    If people need omegas, can't they just buy them from the fleet store? If you're in the top 200, you will almost earn enough fleet currency to buy an omega per day. It should be possible to create a healthy balance between omegas and zetas if you only buy the materials you need the most.

1500 for an omega is over priced, that = to 15 shards for the currency shop which gives gear 12+ loot

Or zetas
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

1500 for an omega is over priced, that = to 15 shards for the currency shop which gives gear 12+ loot

Or zetas

No reason to buy zeta at this moment, most people have more zeta then omega

Truu
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

Ability mats and gear can't really be compared, since ability upgrades and stats provide very different character benefits. It makes more sense to look at the balance between zetas and omegas.

Anyway, the value of something is determined by how rare and needed it is. If people need omegas more than they need zetas, they'll get their money's worth by buying omegas rather than zetas.
  • Options
    Even though I don't disagree with getting guaranteed Omegas it really isn't a problem unless you have to have ALL the new shiny things right AWAY!pfxvyi3483mh.jpg
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, but the zeta "fix" was intentional and not just from a user pain point. You cannot buy zetas with crystals. I think they did this on purpose because of the outcry that whales just buy their way to the top. Omegas you can buy in stacks of 10 from weekly. Not earth shattering or game breaking, but they can be bought. Maybe not many people were buying them so why not up the zeta count a bit. Now you have 3 stacks of 20 zetas sitting and begging to be used, but sadly no omegas...........Hmmmm.....1250 crystals isn't that steep is it??????? I'll just complete one zeta. Just one...... Ahhh why not. I'll buy some. Boom!!!! They got ya!. I mean they have to make money so who can blame them, but don't kid yourself if you can't see the reasoning behind it. Add in all new toons have a to of abilities, which are fun, but heavy on omegas and there you have it. A sneaky paywall. Well done.
  • Options
    I just built up a stock of both and when I use some I wait until my stock is back to the point I want it to be at before I use any more. I like to keep at least 3 full zetas ready at any given moment just in case.
  • Options
    Reduce the amount of attempts down to 2 for credits, Omega ,training mats like fleet challenges keep the gear ones on 3. And you can have a best of both for the two arguments.

People who said 9 is too much a week how about 6 ,and those who want more how does 6 extra a week sound?

@Wildwood247 I see he needs 20 zeta mats out of your 88 roughly 22%of your pot but doesn't he also have 3 moves to Omega 5 a piece and a 16 Omegas for his zeta so 31 total , which is about 23% of your pot so I get what you are saying .
    But their are a lot toons with no zetas and those that do have zetas also need more Omegas as pointed out using your magnaguard,
    So to close, nothing wrong with getting 1 or 2 more a week.