GAC scoring not balanced between divisions

Prev1
jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited August 2019
So I am in Division 6, and had to set 5 teams on Defense giving me a score of 450 to start. Several people in Division 2 in my guild/allies set more teams on Defense giving them 720 to start. Since they are also potentially conquering more zones they again have more of a chance to have a higher score than someone in a lower division.

This only matters for the Guild & Ally scoreboards, where there are currently no rewards, but you know, some of us are competitive, so if I am on a scoreboard, I want to do well on it. Why even make a scoreboard if it is not balanced and fair?

This looks to be another HUGE CG Gaf unless I am missing something. How can Div 6 even be compared to Div 2 on a scoreboard with the current point distribution?

It would be nice if the scoring was balanced, so friendly competition between guildmates and allies meant something on these scoreboards, and then maybe give some small rewards to the people who make top 3 on the guild scoreboard.
Post edited by jayjonbeach on

Replies

• Options
    Div6 is not compared to Div2 on any scoreboard.

You are up against all the other Div6 players, and none of the Div2 players.
  • Options
    Except it is, there is a scoreboard for your guild, and your allies
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Check the needs of leagues. They are different for divisions. They fall dramatically as you go to lower divisions, thus it's quite a lot easier to reach say aerodium or kyber merely going with this parameter.
  • Options
    Except it is, there is a scoreboard for your guild, and your allies
    So? There are no rewards for placing on that scoreboard. Surely the inter guild competition is best done on your overall win/loss record?

This is not something that merits dev attention to change.
  • Options

In your opinion, which obviously I don't agree with, hence starting this thread.

As for rewards, as I mentioned, since there IS a scoreboard, if it was balanced properly, it would be nice if there were some rewards
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

In your opinion, which obviously I don't agree with, hence starting this thread.

As for rewards, as I mentioned, since there IS a scoreboard, if it was balanced properly, it would be nice if there were some rewards

Currently the rewards are tipped towards your advantage(= the lower the division you go), not the reverse.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Currently the rewards are tipped towards your advantage(= the lower the division you go), not the reverse.

Well remember, I am only talking about the scoreboards for Guild and Allies, where there are no rewards currently. It just seems asinine, to set up a scoreboard that compares different divisions, but then does not properly balance the scores between those divisions. So the scoreboard in this case, even though currently is only for bragging rights, is not fair.

• Options

Best advice? Don’t look at any of the guild / ally scoreboard. Whatever their purpose is, rewarding those at the top definitely isn’t one of them.

One thing that is balanced is access to the higher leagues. That should be your competition. Who gets to Aurodium / Kyber. Not just points.

I usually look at my Guild tab to see who is bothering to engage with GA. always interesting to see who has got the auto deploy points and nothing else.
  • Options

You are competing against other players in your Division and the rewards you earn are based on that.

The Guild and Ally rankings are there for the curious, that's all.
  • Options
    Well logic would say, that IF there is a scoreboard, and in this case there IS, that it should be fair, of course.

But nvm the guild and ally scoreboards for a second, now what about the Global Scoreboards, they are also likely unfair??? If someone in Division 2 gets the same points for setting a defensive zone, as someone in Division 6, which is 90, then they already have an unfair advantage on the Global Scoreboard too, which DOES reward prizes.

So really the scoring is total nonsense. The Division scoring should be scaled by the number of zones. When there is more zones, the amount to set defense and conquer should be LESS in order to have apples compare to apples otherwise it is unfair to lose in lower divisions. Now remember, this DOES affect rewards
  • Options
    Well logic would say, that IF there is a scoreboard, and in this case there IS, that it should be fair, of course.

But nvm the guild and ally scoreboards for a second, now what about the Global Scoreboards, they are also likely unfair??? If someone in Division 2 gets the same points for setting a defensive zone, as someone in Division 6, which is 90, then they already have an unfair advantage on the Global Scoreboard too, which DOES reward prizes.

So really the scoring is total nonsense. The Division scoring should be scaled by the number of zones. When there is more zones, the amount to set defense and conquer should be LESS in order to have apples compare to apples otherwise it is unfair to lose in lower divisions. Now remember, this DOES affect rewards

There is nothing unfair about the Global Scoreboard. You are only compared against your own division and get rewards based on where you rank in your division. Just be cause you want to be able to compare to a different division does not make it unfair. I repeat, there is no such leader board that awards prizes with players from different divisions.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

You still haven't checked how league banner needs differs between divisions, have you? You are the one at an advantage here being in a lower division.
  • Options

The rewards you are fighting for are only between you and the other division 6 players. So the fact that division 2 players get more for defence setting / attacking than you do has absolutely no bearing on your prizes or theirs.

Did you play the exhibition?
  • Options
    @jayjonbeach there is a separate score board for each and every division which ONLY contains player within that division and NO ONE else so those scores on the global leader boards ARE ABSOLUTELY fair. Each person on that leader board had to set the EXACT same number of defenses. If the guild and ally boards are such a big deal for you and other players I wish they would just take them away. They have no Bearing on your global standings.
  • Options
    Here are the top 3.kpa7fqapovx5.jpg
    q46dw77pm14g.jpg
    08duz7la4z0u.jpg
  • Options
    All different players within the division leader board they are showing up on. No relation to ANY other player not within their division.
  • Options
    Alright yeah just checked at least the scoreboard with rewards currently for it is fair then, we just have fairly meaningless other scoreboards which is a shame.

I really would not like to see them taken away, but rather have them balanced which would be super easy to do.
  • Options
    Anyone have calculated the max points that can be achieved in each div with the feats that can be done in day one?
  • Options
    @Wildwood247 Can u confirm how much you got to set defense in each zone, 90? Also curious if you also get 150 banners for conquering a single squad zone?

All they really needed to do was scale the banners for the number of zones to make the other 2 scoreboards meaningful and fair.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Wow this is the guy in tb that disobey orders to get a higher rank on a worthless leaderboard and screws guild out of a star
  • Options
    what? how does TB even relate to gac? I think I want some of what ur smokin
  • Options
    @Wildwood247 Can u confirm how much you got to set defense in each zone, 90? Also curious if you also get 150 banners for conquering a single squad zone?

All they really needed to do was scale the banners for the number of zones to make the other 2 scoreboards meaningful and fair.
    I get 90 for setting defence.

If you get 150 for clearing a single squad zone, then that is unbalanced. I get 180 for clearing a 2 squad zone. There are no single squad zones in div 1.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    The op worried about a worthless leaderboard(guild gac). Just like the leaderboard in tb is worthless.
  • Options
    Here is each one of my zones and I am Div 2. Everyone gets the same points for setting Defense and clearing zones. Maybe if you have less than 2 teams in a zone you might get less but that DOES NOT matter since EVERYONE in your division has to set the same amount of teams on defense.wql48q7ja0w6.jpg
    axia6h95y8v9.jpg
    ctpz6mllfofl.jpg
    r488ieq2tq90.jpg
  • Wildwood247
    29 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @jayjonbeach the other 2 leader boards are COMPLETELY WORTHLESS AND IRRELEVANT!!! They reward absolutely nothing no matter what rank you are on them. EVERYONE on both of the guild and ally leader boards get the exact same reward regardless of rank. NOTHING!!!!!!
  • Options
    I also get 180 for clearing a 2 squad zone, so I guess all Divisions have the same scoring which makes zero sense. Maybe they will reconsider it for the sake of the other 2 scoreboards, otherwise there is no point in having them what-so-ever
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @jayjonbeach the other 2 leader boards are COMPLETELY WORTHLESS AND IRRELEVANT!!!

Well in their current form I would agree, no point in having them if they are not even fairly set up.

It would be nice to have them balanced, and then give top 3 some small rewards, just another carrot to chase and way to have some friendly competition @CG_SBCrumb
  • Options

I get 90 for setting defence.

If you get 150 for clearing a single squad zone, then that is unbalanced. I get 180 for clearing a 2 squad zone. There are no single squad zones in div 1.

But this IS balanced and fair since it applies to EVERYONE that is in each Division respectively.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I also get 180 for clearing a 2 squad zone, so I guess all Divisions have the same scoring which makes zero sense. Maybe they will reconsider it for the sake of the other 2 scoreboards, otherwise there is no point in having them what-so-ever

Makes zero sense because you are neglecting the reason for divisions and believe the guild leaderboard is worth fighting for. Why is guild lb important to you?
  • Options

They need to just get rid of the other 2 leader boards all together. or just ignore them since they mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!