Trapped in Carbonite

Prev1
TheSithMaster
10 posts Member
edited September 2019
Devs,

I am trying to get the Trapped in Carbonite Title, but this is mathematically impossible to achieve. I am in division 5, so I set 5 squads on Defense. I get 450 banners for this. To move up into Bronzium, I need 3,250 (or something like that) points. 450×3=1350 per round. This is unavoidable, as the game will set this anyway. For 3 rounds of GA, this amounts to 4,150 points.

How are we supposed to get this? It is literally impossible to do so. If we simply don't join, that goes against the spirit of the game, so why make something like this?

Please give me some kind of solution to this issue. Either give me the title, change the requirements for it, or make a manual reset for our lifetime points so all players can get the title if they choose to do so. Please respond to this to clear up my confusion, CG. Thanks in advance

Edit: I misspelled the title of the post
Post edited by TheSithMaster on

Replies

• TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    Why do you want it?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Genpaku408
    119 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Oh I see what you mean, even if you just do 1 week
  • Options
    Set 1 defense instead of 5?
  • Options
    What is crabonite?
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    What is crabonite?

Grumpy version.
  • Options
    Don't set 5 defenses...
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Why do you want it?

I don't know, just thought I'd get it

Phern wrote: »

The game still sets the non-filled sections. I would've done that if that was the case. I really don't know why this is the case, I assumed CG would've made sure that this title was possible to get. But I hope that the devs respond to this and give me some kind of way to solve it. Maybe it's a glitch, or an oversight.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Why do you want it?

The game still sets the non-filled sections. I would've done that if that was the case. I really don't know why this is the case, I assumed CG would've made sure that this title was possible to get. But I hope that the devs respond to this and give me some kind of way to solve it. Maybe it's a glitch, or an oversight.

No, it doesn't. This is one of the major complaints though, and your opponents will be very unhappy with you if you do this.

They made 5 titles that afaik are only for this championship. So you can't get all of them anyway. If you really want this particular one, not joining is your best option.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Why do you want it?

No, it doesn't. This is one of the major complaints though, and your opponents will be very unhappy with you if you do this.

They made 5 titles that afaik are only for this championship. So you can't get all of them anyway. If you really want this particular one, not joining is your best option.

Wait.... really? I messed up big time then. I'm already in Bronzium...

Then these just become like the Days of Spring, right? They'll just sit there for all of eternity, never achievable....

I could totally see that though. Thanks for the info
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Then these just become like the Days of Spring, right? They'll just sit there for all of eternity, never achievable....

With Bastila on the Bench they have already made clear that the intention is not for everybody to be able to obtain all of the titles that exist.
  • Options

With Bastila on the Bench they have already made clear that the intention is not for everybody to be able to obtain all of the titles that exist.

Then how are you supposed to get into Kyber? Wouldn't that be impossible too? I haven't done the math, but unless you absolutely annihilate your opponent every single time, that couldn't work. However, your logic pans out
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Then how are you supposed to get into Kyber? Wouldn't that be impossible too? I haven't done the math, but unless you absolutely annihilate your opponent every single time, that couldn't work. However, your logic pans out

I don't understand the question. Depending on the division it's possible to get into Kyber without even winning all your matches. Have you accounted for feats in your math?
  • Options

I don't understand the question. Depending on the division it's possible to get into Kyber without even winning all your matches. Have you accounted for feats in your math?

I quickly ran the math:

For one battle, you will get 450 banners for defense, up to 64 for winning one offensive battle (so 5 in all), 180 for conquering one territory with 2 squads (all of the others have 1), 150 for each territory conquered, and 1,000 for winning. This adds up to 2,550. Multiplied by 9, this equals 22,950. With some feats, this is possible, but highly, highly unlikely. To do this, that requires you to win an offensive battle with 1 toon and end it at max protection. Every. Single. Time. And complete around 20 feats (you only get around 75-100 on average for feats). That title to even get into Kyber is not technically impossible, but just about.
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    How many people got Kyber in Div 5 last time?
  • Options

I quickly ran the math:

For one battle, you will get 450 banners for defense, up to 64 for winning one offensive battle (so 5 in all), 180 for conquering one territory with 2 squads (all of the others have 1), 150 for each territory conquered, and 1,000 for winning. This adds up to 2,550. Multiplied by 9, this equals 22,950. With some feats, this is possible, but highly, highly unlikely. To do this, that requires you to win an offensive battle with 1 toon and end it at max protection. Every. Single. Time. And complete around 20 feats (you only get around 75-100 on average for feats). That title to even get into Kyber is not technically impossible, but just about.

You need to multiply by 12 not 9. That's 30,600.
  • TheSithMaster
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

I quickly ran the math:

You need to multiply by 12 not 9. That's 30,600.

Oh yeah. There are 4 rounds. Thanks for pointing that out

Edit: That still is very unlikely, for the same reasons as above. And that strengthens my original argument about the Trapped in Carbonite title by pointing out how ridiculous the title is to get.
  • Options

I made kyber and won everything but 1 match and I was at +1000 points.

Barely did feats too
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Barely did feats too

Before or after titles?
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    Huh?
  • Options
    Huh?

If you're referring to your last post, I have no clue.

If your referring to the top, I'm asking if he got to Kyber before titles were a thing or after
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody has gotten to Kyber since the current set of titles were offered; they've only been for this championship. Titles in general, of course, were a thing much earlier, but I assume that's not what you mean.
  • Options
    Nobody has gotten to Kyber since the current set of titles were offered; they've only been for this championship. Titles in general, of course, were a thing much earlier, but I assume that's not what you mean.

No, I mean the new ones
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    Huh?

If your referring to the top, I'm asking if he got to Kyber before titles were a thing or after

Why would it matter?
  • Options
    Getting Trapped in Carbonite requires you to just not join any of the GAs.
  • TheSithMaster
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Getting Trapped in Carbonite requires you to just not join any of the GAs.

I thought about that, but I might not technically complete the Championship if I don't join. Therefore, no achievement
    Huh?

Why would it matter?

Because you could make Kyber easier before the new titles, because there were more GAs to make it in. You had a longer period of time to make it. I was about 500-ish points from making it before the reset
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    I seriously don't understand this. There were 12 rounds last time and there are 12 rounds this time. What changed exactly?
  • Options

Barely did feats too

Before or after titles?

Idk what titles are I got kyber during the first GAC
  • TheSithMaster
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I seriously don't understand this. There were 12 rounds last time and there are 12 rounds this time. What changed exactly?

I think we're both confused. There was more than one championship before the reset, and I just asked a dumb question. I was honestly curious when he made it to Kyber

Barely did feats too

Before or after titles?

Oh OK

Edit: Grammar
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Because you could make Kyber easier before the new titles, because there were more GAs to make it in. You had a longer period of time to make it. I was about 500-ish points from making it before the reset

The difficulty of making kyber is exactly the same as it was last time. Everybody starts the GAC in carbonite and the only points that matter are the ones earned in that particular GAC. There are the same number of GAs in this GAC as in the last one. If you are thinking of the one week exhibition they did before the full exhibition GAC, those points did not count towards getting kyber last time either.
  • Options

I think we're both confused. There was more than one championship before the reset, and I just asked a dumb question. I was honestly curious when he made it to Kyber

Barely did feats too

Before or after titles?

Oh OK

Edit: Grammar

No there was not more than one championship before the reset.

There was one they aborted instantly due to bugs, then the exhibition, then the reset.

The only thing that’s new to the whole affair is the existence of titles.

And as for the trapped in carbonite title (lord knows why you want that), as others have said this is easiest achieved by just not joining any of the 4 “rounds” or, if you do join, set 1 defence squad each time.

Reading this thread hurt my head.