Sunday Fun Fact (10/13)

Ultra
11521 posts Moderator
We haven't had a fun factoid in a while, so here's one

https://swgoh.gg/characters/general-skywalker/data/?filter_type=all

According to swgoh, there are currently 4,565 (4,398 an hour ago) players with General Skywalker (we still have 12 hours left to the event to figure out the exact number)

Out of the 4,565 players, only 2% have him at 7 stars (98 players)

The fastest General Skywalker is at 322 speed (still slower than Darth Revan)

Granted, most players aren't done buying the shards from the guild event store because they aren't interested in refreshing the store for crystals

In comparison, when Darth Malak was released 15,219 players were able to unlock him on the first pass

Replies

• Options
    Both fun and interesting. Cheers- hope you are enjoying a thanks giving brew somewhere.
  • Options
    Good factioid- I miss the Friday facts.
    What was that number like 900k accounts on swgoh or something. A very rough number I know probably a lot more.

I wonder if this number was intended or not?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    In comparison, when Darth Malak was released 15,219 players were able to unlock him on the first pass

And he was significantly more useful at 5* than this trash can.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Fact: I got mine last night, 100% f2p since the event was announced.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Fact: I got mine last night, 100% f2p since the event was announced.

Tvf= Edward
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

And he was significantly more useful at 5* than this trash can.
    Only 164 General Skywalker are being used in squad arena in top 100 and out of those 54 (33%) is 7*

I'm using it in arena but with different comps and not as good success and I think others are too, it'll be interesting to see how much this number changes after a few days once everyone has tried this toon out in various comps in arena
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Keep in mind, 5* Malak was competing against g12 teams at the time (there was no g13 at Malak's release) as opposed to 5* General Skywalker who is competing against g13 + relic characters

Personally, I don't think this is a fair comparision
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    where did you get the malak numbers from?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Tvf= Edward

I've actually never seen them in the same place at the same time...
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

Tvf= Edward

I've actually never seen them in the same place at the same time...

Nor have I

:thinking:
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    where did you get the malak numbers from?
    https://old.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/cryvo9/according_to_swgohgg_data_there_were_only_7704/

I used this reddit thread for a reference (closest I could find to an actual number)
  • Options
    Rex Speed is more important than GAS Speed and i‘m Pretty sure there are enough Rex which are faster than Mistbeet DR 😊
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, 5* Malak was competing against g12 teams at the time (there was no g13 at Malak's release) as opposed to 5* General Skywalker who is competing against g13 + relic characters

Personally, I don't think this is a fair comparision

Also, Malak was the LAST piece of an already meta squad, whereas Gen Ani is possibly the 3rd or 4th piece of a currently incomplete team.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    UPDATE: Event is over and only 6,176 players were able to activate General Skywalker

Less than 50% than the number of players that unlocked Malak

I hope some developers can shed light on how many people earned him without spending a dime like they did with Malak (882)