Sith Empire/Old republic is like the Kardashians...

Prev13
...more powerful than they should be and just as annoying

Replies

• Options
    Umm

Ok so i guess jedi lords and arguably the strongest user of the force ever (Revan) shouldnt be strong because hey, rebels with guns that go pew would definitely be stronger.

• Options
    GBahia03 wrote: »
    Umm

Ok so i guess jedi lords and arguably the strongest user of the force ever (Revan) shouldnt be strong because hey, rebels with guns that go pew would definitely be stronger.

Non Canon
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Are you suggesting that they base the character's strength on whether or not they are canon?
  • Options
    Emguy wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that they base the character's strength on whether or not they are canon?

Well then I guess CWC is better than sith lords and jedi lords to op
  • Options

You are lucky Exar Kun isn't in this game. lol
  • Options
    Emguy wrote: »

Wow, time for this argument again? How time flies.... :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Umm

Non Canon

Revan is canon bc bane is canon. bane got learned everything from revan holocrom.
  • Options
    ...and away we go!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Umm

Non Canon

Crylo and MaRey Sue are considered canon. I will always prefer the Old Republic characters in any form.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    mazewindoo wrote: »
    Umm

Non Canon

Revan is canon bc bane is canon. bane got learned everything from revan holocrom.

It's all make believe!
  • Options
    Umm

1. I'd say Darth Bane was possibly better, not necessarily stronger, but a better Sith. Nihilus was by far the strongest Sith in my book. See someone strong in the force? Boop, they dead. He literally consumed an entire planet. But anyways. I would agree that Old Republic characters were very strong.
    Umm

Non Canon

2. This game already includes a lot of non-canon characters. What is your argument here exactly? Nihilus is non-canon, yet he can delete any character. Is that too strong because he isn't canon? Is your argument simply that non-canon characters are weaker/should be weaker than canon characters? If so, that is ridiculous.

• Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Umm

Non Canon

It's all make believe!

Shhhhh! Let the nerdiness FLOWWWWWW!

• Options
    Wait a couple years and then sith empire and old republic will be worthless characters that just sit on your bench during the new TB and GAC.
  • Revan110
    112 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This is just a sad and stupid thing to say, if they included Revan and other KOTOR characters they would have to be as powerful as they were in the games.

Disney also approved their use so canon or legends disney decided to include them in this game knowing "yet they will be very strong".
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Options
    yiguopnaxrl1.png

Look at all those incredibly strong OR toons that rule the game .......... oh wait 😂😂
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Umm

Non Canon

Crylo and MaRey Sue are considered canon. I will always prefer the Old Republic characters in any form.

As opposed to Mary Luke? Get your head checked, son.
  • Options
    I do think the old republic and Sith Empire characters alienate newer fans of the deeper SW lore though. I've gone back and played through about half of KOTOR to try to know what's going on, but you can't expect that from everybody. Seems to me that if they don't want Star Wars (or this game) to stagnate, they should put in at least a few characters from the current shows and movies. So few characters from the ST and Rebels. Resistance is ignored. Battlefront 2 was ignored. Even the prequels and Clone Wars characters were pretty much useless until recently. Not saying the Revans shouldn't be in the game, but it's unbelievable they were pretty much the defining meta for like 25% of this game's existence.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Which one of them married the GOAT? Padme isn't OR...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Also lucky Vitiate isn't in the game then. He makes Nihilus look tame
  • Options
    Umm

Non Canon

You seriously want to compare Luke and Rey? Lol Luke made so many mistakes when he started to learn how to use the Force. And that was exactly what touched people, he struggled but made his way in the end. He even lost his arm because he was too hotheaded and attacked Vader before he was ready. He didn't know anything he should not have known by his lore situation, and except for being a good pilot, he had no special talents or abilities which stood out. While Rey is portrayed to be good at everything she starts, even flying the Falcon even though she can never have piloted such a ship before in her life - or any ship at all.
    But don't get me wrong, Luke is by far not my favourite Star Wars character either. ;)
  • Options
    Umm

Non Canon

Yeah this doesn’t make sense. Luke didn’t go toe to toe with Vader in A New Hope. Even when he finally did confront Vader in Empire, Vader toyed with him like he was nothing. Luke made a ton of mistakes and would be dead if not for the intervention of many supporting characters. Rey never actually feels like she’s in danger (this is designed). She can handle herself she keeps telling Finn over and over again when running from a bombardment by tie fighters. Even when Finn and Han go “rescue” Rey, she’s already escaped 🤷🏼‍♂️. False equivalence my man.
  • Options
    On a related note, FaceBook starts supporting journalism via real(?) news feeds.
  • Options
    When do Ken and Triclops and Trioculus come?
  • Options
    Revan is canon now.

Episode 8

Keep your eyes peeled when seeing inside Luke's home, and you'll spot a handmade pendant of leather carrying a special object. It's the red crystal used inside every Sith lightsaber, mounted inside a metal cradle as a "trophy" of sorts. Most viewers may assume that it's the power source of Darth Vader's lightsaber - a reminder to Luke of the darkness that consumed his father (or a relic too valuable to fall into ignorant hands).

But the canonical name of the object, as revealed in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary, reveals a different past. The gem is still a "fragmented Sith lightsaber crystal," but it didn't belong to Luke or his father. It's a "recovered Jedi Crusader pendant" - which refers to only one corner of Star Wars canon.

The term "Jedi Crusader" might sound fairly generic, but the lack of actual "crusades" waged by the monks makes it a specific term in the bigger picture. Those who played through the original Knights of the Old Republic video game know this story already. Around 5,000 years before the Star Wars movies the Mandalorians became a galactic threat under the leadership of a new "Mandalore the Ultimate." Conquering worlds in honor of the ancient Mandalorian Crusaders, these "Neo-Crusaders" were just the kind of growing, military threat that the Jedi... completely ignored. But not one: one young Jedi Knight promoted armed resistance and revanchism (the act of re-conquering Republic worlds and territory).

He would come to be known as Revan because of his charismatic campaign, and his followers the Revanchists. But to the galactic masses, his opposition to Mandalore gave him a different title: the Jedi's very own "Crusader." The story that followed is generally seen as one of the most acclaimed, compelling, and important ones to come from the Star Wars Extended Universe. Told in video games, comics, and novels, the life of Revan and the impact he had on the galaxy was one of the most painful to see erased as non-canonical Star Wars "Legend."

Until Luke Skywalker went digging into the history of the Jedi... and came out with a trinket with Revan's name on it.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-darth-revan-easter-egg/
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    ^ why does that screenrant post have no screenshots from the movie? they really want us to go back and boot it up just to try and find it ourselves? NO THANKS JEFF
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Search Jedi Crusader Pendant and it pops right up
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Umm

Non Canon

LordDirt wrote: »
    Revan is canon now.

Episode 8

Keep your eyes peeled when seeing inside Luke's home, and you'll spot a handmade pendant of leather carrying a special object. It's the red crystal used inside every Sith lightsaber, mounted inside a metal cradle as a "trophy" of sorts. Most viewers may assume that it's the power source of Darth Vader's lightsaber - a reminder to Luke of the darkness that consumed his father (or a relic too valuable to fall into ignorant hands).

But the canonical name of the object, as revealed in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary, reveals a different past. The gem is still a "fragmented Sith lightsaber crystal," but it didn't belong to Luke or his father. It's a "recovered Jedi Crusader pendant" - which refers to only one corner of Star Wars canon.

The term "Jedi Crusader" might sound fairly generic, but the lack of actual "crusades" waged by the monks makes it a specific term in the bigger picture. Those who played through the original Knights of the Old Republic video game know this story already. Around 5,000 years before the Star Wars movies the Mandalorians became a galactic threat under the leadership of a new "Mandalore the Ultimate." Conquering worlds in honor of the ancient Mandalorian Crusaders, these "Neo-Crusaders" were just the kind of growing, military threat that the Jedi... completely ignored. But not one: one young Jedi Knight promoted armed resistance and revanchism (the act of re-conquering Republic worlds and territory).

He would come to be known as Revan because of his charismatic campaign, and his followers the Revanchists. But to the galactic masses, his opposition to Mandalore gave him a different title: the Jedi's very own "Crusader." The story that followed is generally seen as one of the most acclaimed, compelling, and important ones to come from the Star Wars Extended Universe. Told in video games, comics, and novels, the life of Revan and the impact he had on the galaxy was one of the most painful to see erased as non-canonical Star Wars "Legend."

Until Luke Skywalker went digging into the history of the Jedi... and came out with a trinket with Revan's name on it.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-darth-revan-easter-egg/

Revan is not canon. Every character in the KOTOR games are not canon, unless Bane is in them. Disney de-canonised the entire games - the characters, and the events.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options

:|:):D