Prev134
Am I wrong?

Replies

• Options
    Yes
  • Options
    You're wrong.
  • Options
    To clarify, I do not have Negotiator and I can still win with my Ackbar and HMF. I've even won with Thrawn and Gauntlet Starfighter. It is not a stone wall.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    5* Negotiator still gets clapped by 7* falcons
  • Options
    Correction. Those with 6* Negotiator win.
  • Options
    Probably 9/10 times... but the counter-argument is whoever has GAS wins.
  • Options
    I wonder how the matchmaking will be, how many ships will be counted for ship GP?
  • Options

No, not really. Not a 5* GAS anyway.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    GET Negotiator then.

Did you choose to spend resources on gear?
    Uh-oh.
    Believe it or not if you're in a small guild, even if you hoard GET you might not have enough to unlock Negotiator yet.
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Keep in mind Negotiator inflates Ship GP quite a bit too.

Overall, don't expect to be the best with the sub-par characters and ships.

^People with negotiator will have a large ship GP and you might not be paired up with them to begin with
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    How about "Whoever has the better strategy wins"? Anyone?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »

(prepares for multiple "there's no strategy in SWGOH" and "only strategy is pulling out your credit card" posts)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I predict completly the opposite.... A good ackbar fleet can handle the negoatior.... You do give them a easy battle in defense.... However if they have negotiator they will have at least 50k more GP in ships... Perhapes more.... So they will have 50k higher ship GP and you will have 50k more top toon GP.

If you can take out their negotiator, at best they will earn 10 more points In the ship battles. That 50k edge in toons will mater alot.
  • Options
    Hopefully with the addition of more ships they will require 2 defense ship slots at least for higher GP players so it will be interesting. Surely players with High GP at least have Thrawn, Ackbar, Tarkin and Mace Cap ships. While they aren't all great fleets it would still make it interesting.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

(prepares for multiple "there's no strategy in SWGOH" and "only strategy is pulling out your credit card" posts)
    >implying higher credit limits isn’t a skill

For shame, sir
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    I predict completly the opposite.... A good ackbar fleet can handle the negoatior.... You do give them a easy battle in defense.... However if they have negotiator they will have at least 50k more GP in ships... Perhapes more.... So they will have 50k higher ship GP and you will have 50k more top toon GP.

If you can take out their negotiator, at best they will earn 10 more points In the ship battles. That 50k edge in toons will mater alot.

This assumes your opponent doesn’t also have a rebel fleet and that all other ships are equal. Not really good assumptions.
  • Options

Oh I have GAS and I've lost 5 of my last 7 matches. There's a lot more than that involved
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »

This assumes your opponent doesn’t also have a rebel fleet and that all other ships are equal. Not really good assumptions.

If you have Negotiator, it's likely because you're in a strong guild. You're a strong player and will get matched against people who are also strong. If you get matched up with an opponent that doesn't even have a rebel fleet, that's on them. They chose to build their PG in a different way.

In that regard, ships in GAC will be no different than toons in GAC
  • Options
    Adding squads to GAC means whoever has GAS wins!!! The outrage!
  • Options
    We don't know what the map will look like. There was one map where ships was a back zone that could be blocked off on defense....there was another map where ships was on one half of the map. So that's a big factor into how much impact ships will have. Also, if one side clears troops but not ships and the other side clears ships but not troops, then the one clearing ships isn't going to win....it's one battle.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

>implying higher credit limits isn’t a skill

For shame, sir

If only there were a secret discord I could cry some whale tears on :(
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    inb4 malovelence drops before the end of next gac.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Well they are aiming to release it this month, so...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Yup should hit around 20th or so since 2nd tb this month should be ls.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Falcon was way more of an issue to beat if you didn't have it, than Negotiator is currently.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

Yup should hit around 20th or so since 2nd tb this month should be ls.
    November 18 is LS Hoth TB so yeah