Crewless BTL-B Y-wing...

Replies

• Options
    I like that they include the pilot in ships for the authenticity of it all but their arena gear levels and such should have nothing to do with their pilot level. Ships already have a simplified crew level and that should be all that is required to level a pilot in terms of ship power.
  • Options
    This is bullsh*t.... How can be Y-wing crewless? Absurd... :( The first thing I had in mind when I read about new Y-wing was "yay! who may be the pilot there?" and then... noone. I was so much disappointed.... Seriously, this is so sad and out of lore...
  • Options
    In X-Wing 2.0 (miniature game), this ship has plenty of pilots to choose from:
    •Anakin Skywalker
    •"Odd Ball" (Clone Trooper)
    •"Matchstick" (Clone Trooper)
    •R2-D2
    •"Broadside" (Clone Trooper)
    •"Goji" (Clone Trooper)
    •Shadow Squadron Veteran (Clone Trooper)
    •Red Squadron Bomber (Clone Trooper)

You could even put General Skywalker there, I don't care, or any clone trooper. If Fives can pilot that Umbaran starfighter because it was the case in one of Clone Wars episodes, why not giving this Y-Wing to Echo or any other clone trooper, like ARC trooper?

****, I don't remember when I was so much disappointed because of this game before :(
  • Options
    Adding Broadside as a pilot would have been ace! I think he took part in the space battle above Kamino too, so he would have fit in great with the General Skywalker event :) at least I can have head-canon :D
  • Options
    I think that there is a way to compromise here. Give us a pilot which can be like a reduced character. They don't have to be a real character with abilities, but a character only as an extension of the ship. Writing this out, it sounds pretty much like a ship ability, actually. For ships like this, the Rebel Y-Wing, A-Wing, etc, just give us a generic (but lore appropriate) character or character portrait to be viewed with the ship. They could even be upgraded with ship resources to give the illusion of the traditional pilot.
  • Options
    HK22 wrote: »
    You want a lore version for a pilot less Y-Wing? Chopper remotely pilots several Y-Wings when the Phoenix Cell rescues them from a scrap yard.

The more you know! Knowing is half the battle.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYfRhKIYC60

While I genuinely applaud your lore-finding creativity, kudos, it doesn't exactly count though, because:
    A) Chopper is piloting them so they still aren't truly pilot-less, and
    B) He wouldn't have been an active Gunner for them and the gunner bubble-turret is used in the ship abilities.

Frankly it seems like a very lazy decision from the developers to shoe-horn in a ship without having designed it around a pilot to begin with, especially when Cody is an existing Clone in-game, is long-standing and recently used for a major new 501st squad so most will have or will farm him, he doesn't already have a ship, and was known to be a part of Squad Seven who used the BTL-B Y-Wing, so why on earth not just make Cody the pilot?!
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    You: The game is too grindy and bottlenecky

CG: *Announces two more ships that won't require us to grind a pilot alongside said ship*

You: WHAAAAAA LOREEEEEE

The game was never about lore and it has been said to death.

I mean for real? And then you complain whwn devs don't listen to us and it's because of this. People will always find a problem where there is none. You have a great fleet and impressive roaster? Good for you, **** like me who struggle with gearing up ships would probably thank CG for this decision. The fact that ships require pilots limits how many ships they can add without clustering the roster even more.

Bottom line: Crew less ships = More variety. Games evolve.

God, this is why we can't have nice things.
  • Options
    Potato211 wrote: »

CG: *Announces two more ships that won't require us to grind a pilot alongside said ship*

I mean for real? And then you complain whwn devs don't listen to us and it's because of this. People will always find a problem where there is none. You have a great fleet and impressive roaster? Good for you, **** like me who struggle with gearing up ships would probably thank CG for this decision. The fact that ships require pilots limits how many ships they can add without clustering the roster even more.

Bottom line: Crew less ships = More variety

Remember arena mirror matches before mods? I do.
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Q: Why is this ship crewless?

CG_M: Unlike the droid ships which really don’t have a separate pilot, the BTL-B Y-wing would normally have had a pilot but we ended up not including crew. There was a long discussion on whether we should include an older, well owned clone. In the end, we decided to make it easier to unlock by not requiring crew members from your collection.
    Imho that was the wrong decision. I lost interest in this ship already before I had finished reading the whole post. This is completely out of lore in a way that would not be necessary, just for the little "benefit" of not gearing up another potential pilot. :(

It's most probably because the only clones left are echo and cody and they never had a ship so a moot point there
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    Dinotank46 wrote: »

CG_M: Unlike the droid ships which really don’t have a separate pilot, the BTL-B Y-wing would normally have had a pilot but we ended up not including crew. There was a long discussion on whether we should include an older, well owned clone. In the end, we decided to make it easier to unlock by not requiring crew members from your collection.
    Imho that was the wrong decision. I lost interest in this ship already before I had finished reading the whole post. This is completely out of lore in a way that would not be necessary, just for the little "benefit" of not gearing up another potential pilot. :(

It's most probably because the only clones left are echo and cody and they never had a ship so a moot point there

Not quite true, Cody was part of Squad Seven which used that exact ship in actions against the Seps
  • Options

Are you kidding me? Your actually complaining about them making it easier for us to obtain a ship without having to waste our most needed gear. Bro you need to just step back and evaluate your life and the way you look at things. Never have I seen people complain about a company trying to help them with nothing in return. FFS ignorance is bliss to some.

Whenever you feel the need to judge other people's lifes, I'd suggest to go home and rethink your own. ;) Back to topic: I am sure that players who always neglected their pilots will like the dev decision... but accept the fact that there are also players who enjoy having a benefit from stronger ships due to the pilots over others and relinquish gearing up other characters for exactly that reason. Crewless ships will turn mirror matches into nightmares, remember my words in a couple of months.

Do you realize how much time it takes to design a character. Just imagine it takes a long time to think up the actions the design and all of that. Plus also an update. So unless you would like to do all that. Go home and attempt to do all that.
    I dare you
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »

Not quite true, Cody was part of Squad Seven which used that exact ship in actions against the Seps

Oh. I haven't watched the clone wars in so long I never remembered.
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options

Well, yeah, you kinda make a good point, no-one likes the gear grind this game has become...but I don't think the issue with ships pilots was 'having to gear up a pilot to make a ship good' I think it was almost entirely 'having to gear up a crappy pilot'. I doubt whether more than lifetime-moaners would complain about having to gear up say Bossk or Han & LegChew, because they are good ships AND characters that're useful with decent kits. Whereas it's quite painful having to gear up pilots like Ackbar, Plo, Sarge, Bistan etc.
    What we really need is for them to simply ensure that we have less "useless" characters to gear - such as the Vets who we all had to farm and semi-gear...and then dump aside as they had no other use than for an event. We want to know that characters geared for an event or as pilots won't be completely useless elsewhere.

Still, while I doubt I'll complain at not having another pilot to gear, when Cody is sitting there already with a recently reworked kit and 501st tag, known as part of Squad Seven which used this exact ship, and is owned in-game by most people, it just seems really weird to go pilot-less
  • Options

Are you kidding me? Your actually complaining about them making it easier for us to obtain a ship without having to waste our most needed gear. Bro you need to just step back and evaluate your life and the way you look at things. Never have I seen people complain about a company trying to help them with nothing in return. FFS ignorance is bliss to some.

Whenever you feel the need to judge other people's lifes, I'd suggest to go home and rethink your own. ;) Back to topic: I am sure that players who always neglected their pilots will like the dev decision... but accept the fact that there are also players who enjoy having a benefit from stronger ships due to the pilots over others and relinquish gearing up other characters for exactly that reason. Crewless ships will turn mirror matches into nightmares, remember my words in a couple of months.

Do you realize how much time it takes to design a character. Just imagine it takes a long time to think up the actions the design and all of that. Plus also an update. So unless you would like to do all that. Go home and attempt to do all that.
    I dare you

I'm not really sure what your point here is.

They made this decision before they began designing the ship. They've proven they can release a ship and pilot at the same time, so there is no reason to think they couldn't have this time as well had they chosen to.

Why does the time and effort to design a character matter?

Repost: spam filter ate my reply when editing for typos.
  • Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »

Well, yeah, you kinda make a good point, no-one likes the gear grind this game has become...but I don't think the issue with ships pilots was 'having to gear up a pilot to make a ship good' I think it was almost entirely 'having to gear up a crappy pilot'. I doubt whether more than lifetime-moaners would complain about having to gear up say Bossk or Han & LegChew, because they are good ships AND characters that're useful with decent kits. Whereas it's quite painful having to gear up pilots like Ackbar, Plo, Sarge, Bistan etc.
    What we really need is for them to simply ensure that we have less "useless" characters to gear - such as the Vets who we all had to farm and semi-gear...and then dump aside as they had no other use than for an event. We want to know that characters geared for an event or as pilots won't be completely useless elsewhere.

Still, while I doubt I'll complain at not having another pilot to gear, when Cody is sitting there already with a recently reworked kit and 501st tag, known as part of Squad Seven which used this exact ship, and is owned in-game by most people, it just seems really weird to go pilot-less

Cody has a 501st tag?
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options

Cody has a 501st tag?

Oops, no, my bad, rather ironically I get the Clones confused :) lol
  • Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    I bet you would complain if you were given $10,000 dollars in $10s and not $100s.

Where am i supposed to put a thousand notes??
    Are you trying to get me robbed?

George Costanza’s wallet
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they are trying to balance Sep vs. GR since now seps got 2 drones. People are tripping thinking all new ships will be pilotless from now on.
  • Options
    "It matches the survivability of Hound’s Tooth but also provide the Galactic Republic faction with something extra."

So, it's like HT, only better (When with GR at least) and you don't need to obtain and gear Bossk to get it.

IF..(and that's a fairly large if as they haven't said so yet) they're going to continue along this vein I feel as though they should consider "unpiloting" the other ships. It will cause an uproar for a time, for all those people (like me) who geared up pilots they won't otherwise use, but... I'm not sure how else you reach a parity of some kind when the old piloted ships are always getting out gunned by the newer pilot-less ships...

Why bother to gear up Wedge AND his X-Wing if it's just gonna sit on the back bench because the new pilot-less B-Wing is so much better due to power creep for instance. There's no point in having a "deep" fleet roster at the moment since there's no place to use them.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    "It matches the survivability of Hound’s Tooth but also provide the Galactic Republic faction with something extra."

There's no point in having a "deep" fleet roster at the moment since there's no place to use them.

You currently need deep fleet roster for TW and now GAC will be using ships again.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Adding Broadside as a pilot would have been ace! I think he took part in the space battle above Kamino too, so he would have fit in great with the General Skywalker event :) at least I can have head-canon :D

Just checked, Broadside took part in BOTH the attack on the Malevolence AND the space battle above Kamino.... he would have been a perfect fit for the current content! :o
  • Options

Just checked, Broadside took part in BOTH the attack on the Malevolence AND the space battle above Kamino.... he would have been a perfect fit for the current content! :o
    And another perfect gear sinkhole.
  • Options

There's no point in having a "deep" fleet roster at the moment since there's no place to use them.

You currently need deep fleet roster for TW and now GAC will be using ships again.

I've never had to use more than 3 fleets in TW. I'll hold comment on GAC until I see how it's implemented, but the point being "at the moment" in my statement. . .
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    @Kyno
    It seems my msg got swallowed by the filter, because I repetitively edited it. Would you mind?
  • Options

Not really. With only 2 territories, each at half the number of players in the guild, you need 2 capable fleets. One for offense and one for defense. Almost everyone keeps their strongest for offense and sets the 2nd best on defense. Then everyone clears everyone else. Thrilling.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Not only should the Y-wing have a pilot, it should also have a gunner.

They should add two new clone characters to be able to maximize this ship.

It doesn't matter that it will cost us farming, because it will cost everyone. If you really want it, you will work on the crew as well.
  • Options

1. Good luck with finding any post in this forum where I personally complain about grinding. To me that's just a natural part of this long-term game.
    2. You may think it would lead to more variety... I still predict it will lead to annoying mirror matches that you can't control anymore with adding gear and therefore speed to certain ships.

I dare you
    I am not a game designer, sorry, I am only a customer. And someone else has already mentioned that in the past, it has been no problem for CG to come up with the other ships and their pilots. They would not even have needed to design a new pilot - though some of the ideas I read in this thread would have been awesome! - but could at least just have taken Echo or Cody to pilot it.

I've never had to use more than 3 fleets in TW. I'll hold comment on GAC until I see how it's implemented, but the point being "at the moment" in my statement. . .
    I always use the 4 fleets that I have in TW (no Negotiator yet) . The weakest goes into defense, the other 3 wipe out opponent fleets of different strength. That's very individual, but having more is better than less imho.

There are already more than enough quotes in this post now B) , so just let me add that some of the arguments I have read from different people are really good imho. I understand that not many people like to gear up characters that have no other use than being a pilot, but it's a huge difference when a character is overall viable... then being a pilot makes him even more useful.
  • Options
    Apparently, my post will not come back...

Thus In short regarding some arguments:

1. pilotless less ships are no win for players. Only for CG. (Less production costs, people jump on it like it‘s a messiah changing the grind. Lvl 60 req =/= newer player

2. Crewless ships are meant to be generic okay ships. (Why does every other generic, okay ship have crew? We even have 3 different TIE pilots?!? It‘s nonsensical... either all non-hero ships shouldn‘t have crew, or all ships should have crew... there should be a free droid ai for ships that‘s upgradable as „crew“.

3. I‘m afraid of mirror matches... fearing we will see more generic non-Crew

4. the reasons given are contradicting. Why is it easier to unlock if the pilot you had in mind was very well owned by the playerbase (and a logical choice: looking at Cody). Plus, it is a ship with astromech, pilot and gunner... leaving out the astromech (as with most ships) it makes no sense at all.

5. Why wasn‘t the design space used of unique faction traits? Droids = all crewless, cheap are even generated. Unlimited supply makes up for lack of relic power... maybe...; clone ships = multiple piloted by the same character... they are clones... it would even make sense to use Clone Sgt again, who‘s piloting the ARC and could potentially pilot a V-wing would give a new incentive to push otherwise non-used characters .

6. Among A- and X-wings on the light side, the Y-wing is one of the most recognized space vessels, and it’s a generic "will lose to any other ship with crew as relics will get.

7. You changed Gar Saxon‘s model for the sole reason that you in-lore-friendly gave him the wrong ship at first. This is another case of lore-unfriendly design. Please change it too. Obviously, game mechanics are needed for balance like mere clones being able to defeat a Sith-Lord team. Yet, here it makes no sense .

Personally, this decision annoys me WAY more than the Malak fiasco... bugs can happen. (Although it seems a reputation for untested updates is getting expanded on. Did really no one internally look at it and being like... let‘s click the button and play it once for ourselves... oh Look... i found a Bug....that‘s 5 minutes once work is done to check what‘s being done)... but the Y-wing leads only to one direction:
    Losing the integrity of a system you yourself propagated, as you kept telling players that droids might not even happen, as crew was supposedly an intrinsic part of ship-design. Now, you say it is okay?
    I would love the read sound reasoning, why no farming a character in a farm and gearing grind game is now better?
    It leads me to believe that you just do not care anymore... which means: lazy designs, unchecked designs until the cashflow ebbs...
  • Options
    n4tvlconq8t3.png