„we wil make it easier to farm equipment (stun guns e.g.)“

Pille
125 posts Member
edited November 2019
It has been while since cg promised to make equipment farming easier...nothing happened or did I miss something? The November calendar now offers less zeta and omega...
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Pille
    125 posts Member
    Options
    GA would be much more fun if you also face some older squads to beat some in tb/tw or some raids....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Changes to daily rewards came shortly after the announcement and now also TW rewards. That's about it, I believe. Earlier this year they made zeta farming easier by almost doubling the drop rate from the challenges.
  • Monel
    2794 posts Member
    Options
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Changes to daily rewards came shortly after the announcement and now also TW rewards. That's about it, I believe. Earlier this year they made zeta farming easier by almost doubling the drop rate from the challenges.
    There is no drop rate for the only challenge that gives zeta... it's one zeta guaranteed, can't have more.
    But yes it really seems they removed some zeta from daily login... Nice :/

They didnt remove from daily login. Every other month gets 1 the others get 2. Dont be paranoid. Also the challenge gave 0, 1 or 2 before. People would sometimes get 0 so they changed it to 1 per challenge so at least 2 3 times a week.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    don't forget the TB rewards got some new kryo in them

Not saying they've done enough, but lets actually see the new income before we start blasting it, no?
  • Monel
    2794 posts Member
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »

Not saying they've done enough, but lets actually see the new income before we start blasting it, no?

Nope, blind hate is the way to go!
  • Monel
    2794 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    There is no drop rate for the only challenge that gives zeta... it's one zeta guaranteed, can't have more.

They didnt remove from daily login. Every other month gets 1 the others get 2. Dont be paranoid. Also the challenge gave 0, 1 or 2 before. People would sometimes get 0 so they changed it to 1 per challenge so at least 2 3 times a week.
    Well I definitely didn't pay enough attention so I'm gonna have to trust you on that ^^
    For the challenge, he just was making it sound like you could get more zetas than before which is not really the case.

Could yes, would on rare occasions. I got 4 a day twice, but also got 0 on a number of occasions. I don't know if the new way is better or worse or same, but my empirical data says I feels goods when I get a zeta every time.
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Geo tb is only for guilds >180M GM, am I Right? I am curious about the rate...just for example, I now have a 7* brute, but I received only 1 omega during farming...
    I am not sure with the calendar rewards...I will check again in November...nevertheless I would have expected some stun guns in daily challenges or at least in all raids (like it was before)
  • Options

Well I definitely didn't pay enough attention so I'm gonna have to trust you on that ^^
    For the challenge, he just was making it sound like you could get more zetas than before which is not really the case.

Could yes, would on rare occasions. I got 4 a day twice, but also got 0 on a number of occasions. I don't know if the new way is better or worse or same, but my empirical data says I feels goods when I get a zeta every time.

Now that you are guaranteed 1 zeta per sim you get a lot more zetas which is what the first guy who brought this up obviously meant.
    Not bothered to find the link but i know the math was done
  • Monel
    2794 posts Member
    Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Now that you are guaranteed 1 zeta per sim you get a lot more zetas which is what the first guy who brought this up obviously meant.

Pretty sure you just argued a point I agreed with lol.
  • Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Before the change it was about a 0.55 zeta per sim average, now it is a 1 zeta per sim average,so the income nearly doubled
  • Options
    Pille wrote: »
    Geo tb is only for guilds >180M GM, am I Right? I am curious about the rate...just for example, I now have a 7* brute, but I received only 1 omega during farming...
    I am not sure with the calendar rewards...I will check again in November...nevertheless I would have expected some stun guns in daily challenges or at least in all raids (like it was before)

My guild is 150M gp and we get 17 stars in geotb...
  • Options
    It has been while since cg promised to make equipment farming easier...nothing happened or did I miss something? The November calendar now offers less zeta and omega...

If I remember correctly, they announced months with 31 days will have an extra zeta.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    HK666 wrote: »

How much Kyros are there?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

You're thinking of TW, that's where things were added for guilds with active GP over 180m. TB is going to be based on star count, but Geo is open to any guild over 80m.

Omega drop rates on cantina are miserable, just ignore that it's even listed as a possibility.

Calendar zetas have always depended on how many days there are in the month.

No idea what you mean by stun guns in all raids "like it was before" - before what? When?
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly, they announced months with 31 days will have an extra zeta.

Correct. Back in March 2018 they upped it from once a month to twice per month in the ones with 31 days. They also moved it from the last day of the month to the 27th allowing players to miss a few days and still get the zeta.

forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164524/dev-blog-daily-login-changes-3-28-18#latest
  • Options
    They are releasing significantly less characters, which eventually translates to more energy for gear and more shard shop currency.

It is perhaps not an obvious solution, but my gearing has accelerated quite a bit only having one 12-energy hard node ship to farm. Although I am now often sitting on shard shop currency waiting for the few bottlenecked gear pieces to show up. 😒
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    No idea what you mean by stun guns in all raids "like it was before" - before what? When?

When there was only one raid.
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    They are releasing significantly less characters, which eventually translates to more energy for gear and more shard shop currency.

This is both a true and funny statement. CG is like "Heard you loud and clear. Gear grind is tough. We'll slow down the release of characters to farm in nodes. We'll now move them to GET. Problem solved. "

So while they have slowed the release so you can farm more gear with energy you now need to use your GET on characters as opposed to gear.

No big deal. Just gave me a chuckle when I thought about it.

Also the poster above stating that Omegas in Cantina should be ignored. That is also one of the truer statements found on this forum. I'm sure I've gotten them as drops but t feels like it's never happened. No idea what the drop rate is for them, but it's pretty low. Plenty of other more reliable ways to get Omegas though.
  • Options
    MntMan wrote: »

This is both a true and funny statement. CG is like "Heard you loud and clear. Gear grind is tough. We'll slow down the release of characters to farm in nodes. We'll now move them to GET. Problem solved. "

So while they have slowed the release so you can farm more gear with energy you now need to use your GET on characters as opposed to gear.

Also the poster above stating that Omegas in Cantina should be ignored. That is also one of the truer statements found on this forum. I'm sure I've gotten them as drops but t feels like it's never happened. No idea what the drop rate is for them, but it's pretty low. Plenty of other more reliable ways to get Omegas though.

Yes, it's quite perverse that GET is now my main method of farming characters while regular/ship energy is being used for gear, and cantina energy is mainly used for relics or shard shop.

I don't worry about omegas anymore; as a day 1 player I have every single one (even on Mob Enforcer et al) and have probably 50-60 banked. I get them faster than zeta mats, so I will never run out unless they release a bunch of characters all at once.

What I've noticed is that if you aren't in a hurry in this game you can actually avoid most of the gear crunch. Like not bothering with Malak and GSky gives me 57 stun guns or stun cuffs. The daily quests box yields a full Kyro piece every month. Chasing the meta and trying to have the hot new thing is often very inefficient, so I just slowly chug along and gear up one faction at a time. Works great for GAC as I can roll about 20 different teams, and in TB I can drop pretty much any character in platoons and still get 3-4 waves in all missions.

Chasing top arena payout is really bad value and contrary to enjoying the game IMHO. I can stay in the 50-100 range with a cheap anti-meta team and all I miss out on is about $15 worth of crystals per month - cheaper to spend $15 to offset the lost crystals than dump hundreds of dollars into chasing the meta (although I actually only spend about $3-5/month on average). Ship arena, you can get #1 for free if you know what you are doing.
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    Options

Yes, it's quite perverse that GET is now my main method of farming characters while regular/ship energy is being used for gear, and cantina energy is mainly used for relics or shard shop.

I don't worry about omegas anymore; as a day 1 player I have every single one (even on Mob Enforcer et al) and have probably 50-60 banked. I get them faster than zeta mats, so I will never run out unless they release a bunch of characters all at once.

What I've noticed is that if you aren't in a hurry in this game you can actually avoid most of the gear crunch. Like not bothering with Malak and GSky gives me 57 stun guns or stun cuffs. The daily quests box yields a full Kyro piece every month. Chasing the meta and trying to have the hot new thing is often very inefficient, so I just slowly chug along and gear up one faction at a time. Works great for GAC as I can roll about 20 different teams, and in TB I can drop pretty much any character in platoons and still get 3-4 waves in all missions.

Chasing top arena payout is really bad value and contrary to enjoying the game IMHO. I can stay in the 50-100 range with a cheap anti-meta team and all I miss out on is about $15 worth of crystals per month - cheaper to spend $15 to offset the lost crystals than dump hundreds of dollars into chasing the meta (although I actually only spend about $3-5/month on average). Ship arena, you can get #1 for free if you know what you are doing.

You are absolutely right, but I played this game since the beginning and was a „collector“ but with 4,5 mio gm of this weak stuff I am totally out of any GA...I lose all battles because of my **** rooster just because they do not care about fair matching...there should be an option to deactivate useless gm bunker chars, then I would be fine
  • Options

You seriously think that’s it? 5 pieces of gear a day plus a few new TW reward brackets that only affect a small % of players with the highest GP?

If there’s data pointing to a significant increase in the speed at which players have been equipping gear / advancing tiers then I’d love to see it.

Meanwhile, I’ll bet the Epic Confrontation characters in the Guild Event Store have hindered the speed of gear farming more than these small changes have helped. It costs 70,300 GET 1 currency to take on of the two characters from 5* to 7*. Barrier to entry into the meta since Malak has been locked behind almost a 6 month long GET 1 sinkhole.

Inb4 “you don’t need Malak or GAS”
  • Options

You are absolutely right, but I played this game since the beginning and was a „collector“ but with 4,5 mio gm of this weak stuff I am totally out of any GA...I lose all battles because of my **** rooster just because they do not care about fair matching...there should be an option to deactivate useless gm bunker chars, then I would be fine

I'm a "collector" and I got kyber in GAC last time. I have every character at G8, and most at G9-11. It's just a matter of having good mods, smart zetas, and a few choice G12/Relic characters to counter the current meta.