A little balance please?

I don't care how poor you match up with a squad in squad arena. If your squad power is 153,000 and the the other squad is only 107,000 you should be able to steamroll them. Take Luke vs Vader in the original trilogy. Sure Luke can take Vader in Return of the Jedi but he is a lot more skilled than he was at the beginning of A New Hope when Vader would have crushed him. A squad that isn't within at least 15,000 power of another squad no matter how poor the matchup should not be winning.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Squad power doesnt account for synergy, which in some cases can be more important than pure investment, which is what GP measures (pure investment)
  • Options
    Did your R7 Ugnaught team lose to Sith Empire?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Squad power doesnt account for synergy, which in some cases can be more important than pure investment, which is what GP measures (pure investment)

Assuming at least somewhat sensible matchup, nearly 50k difference is a bit much, though.
  • Options
    Squad power has been meaningless for most of the game's existence. If you want to succeed in PVP you need to learn kits and how to mod.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Assuming at least somewhat sensible matchup, nearly 50k difference is a bit much, though.

Squad power represents the investment made into a toon, the abilities, gear, level, and what dot mods they have.

This means that any toons with the same number of abilities and zetas, or some combination of all those stats can have the same exact power. It means little for combat effectiveness. It is a blind measure of how much stuff you have placed on your toons, that's all. So no, there is no real need to compare toons/teams based on that number. 2 players at equal numbers or not could have made different choices and therefore have very different toons/teams that are effective in battle (or not).
  • Options
    Squad = team = team performance.. not an individual performance.. lobby for a one v one arena if that’s your goal..otherwise, learn what works with what and go from there.
  • Options

A 300lb fat guy can be easily taken down by a 200lb heavyweight fighter. You're comparing stats that don't take in the whole picture.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

A 300lb fat guy can be easily taken down by a 200lb heavyweight fighter. You're comparing stats that don't take in the whole picture.

Which is you and which is me in this scenario? Asking for a friend.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    I think you meant the 200lb fighter will take down the 300lb fat guy. Was backwards

Read it again
  • Options
    I think he meant that you shouldn't fight in the ring with Muhammad Ali just because you have gloves.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    50k is excessive! That would be my fully maxed Anakin, and one of my other gear 12 characters. So yes, that is definitely off there!

Nope.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Valeran wrote: »
    I think he meant that you shouldn't fight in the ring with Muhammad Ali just because you have gloves.

Great analogy