2016-03-09%2001.25.05.png?raw=1
2016-03-09%2001.28.44.png?raw=1
2016-03-09%2001.36.02.png?raw=1
2016-03-09%2001.42.39.png?raw=1

C'mon game. Gimme a bigger challenge :(
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Options
    And before you ask, it shouldn't matter what my team is. Nobody should have to face matches like that every day. Unless I have all characters at 7* and full gear, there is absolutely no way I can grind through this.

Again, it's not just once. It's an everyday grind. How can that not be grating after a while?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    And before you ask, it shouldn't matter what my team is. Nobody should have to face matches like that every day. Unless I have all characters at 7* and full gear, there is absolutely no way I can grind through this.

Again, it's not just once. It's an everyday grind. How can that not be grating after a while?

*shrugs* I dont even have a correct GW team, but I do fine. I spent all my time and resources into 7* max gear lvl 70 Lumi, Dooku, Sid, GS, Phasma and I can power through all of those teams without having to swap anyone out. I run into teams like that all the time.

GW is still very boring though. It is an absolute grind to do 12 games like that and I often just get bored by even thinking about doing GW. Oh well, maybe if they add more content :(
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You just happened to farm a high speed team that can go first the majority of the time. I farmed a droid team for arena and have a really tough time in GW because the high speed characters i have are lower level. I go into a match and Dooku sid QGJ GS Leia and yoda tear my team apart in every round before my heroes get a chance to attack. So it absolutely does matter what your team is. Nearly every team i face in GW is a high speed/dps team because going first limits the damage you take. If you can kill 1 or 2 of their characters before they get a chance to attack you are in a much better position. I have to carry 2 healers and use both heals in every battle after the 4th node. I am slowly building some speed characters specifically for GW, but until then its a long grind for me, as well as other players that didnt farm speed.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    You just happened to farm a high speed team that can go first the majority of the time. I farmed a droid team for arena and have a really tough time in GW because the high speed characters i have are lower level. I go into a match and Dooku sid QGJ GS Leia and yoda tear my team apart in every round before my heroes get a chance to attack. So it absolutely does matter what your team is. Nearly every team i face in GW is a high speed/dps team because going first limits the damage you take. If you can kill 1 or 2 of their characters before they get a chance to attack you are in a much better position. I have to carry 2 healers and use both heals in every battle after the 4th node. I am slowly building some speed characters specifically for GW, but until then its a long grind for me, as well as other players that didnt farm speed.

I suppose. I wouldn't say I got lucky as I generally do research before I play games. Sid was literally the only thing worth farming with PVP tokens, Dooku was a nightmare when I first started so I decided to farm his node every day (i actually just 7*'d him three days ago! lol it took me 3 months of farming!) Lumi was stated as the best healer since Bariss didnt have nodes so I went for her in GW. GS i actually only have at 5* since i was farming him before the Dooku node was put in (swapped to Dooku node in Cantina, then back to GS now).

It kinda of just was the perfect storm of research and who was O.P. when i started :)
  • DarthHernia
    200 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »

I suppose. I wouldn't say I got lucky as I generally do research before I play games. Sid was literally the only thing worth farming with PVP tokens, Dooku was a nightmare when I first started so I decided to farm his node every day (i actually just 7*'d him three days ago! lol it took me 3 months of farming!) Lumi was stated as the best healer since Bariss didnt have nodes so I went for her in GW. GS i actually only have at 5* since i was farming him before the Dooku node was put in (swapped to Dooku node in Cantina, then back to GS now).

The imbalance among characters are a bit staggering. Sure if you want to research and play like an overachiever that's fine. I strategize too. But mostly I have a Pokemon mentality and generally want to collect characters I like. But right now the game punishes you for the collector mentality. If you want to have fun and not grind, you are gonna get stonewalled in both Arena and GW.

Also, wasn't GW supposed to be the anti Arena? Where wider, deeper character pools gets you further? But now it's not the case at all. Getting Arena matches means you pretty much still can only play it like you do Arena - with laser focus and abandoning all notions of fun...
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

The imbalance among characters are a bit staggering. Sure if you want to research and play like an overachiever that's fine. I strategize too. But mostly I have a Pokemon mentality and generally want to collect characters I like. But right now the game punishes you for the collector mentality. If you want to have fun and not grind, you are gonna get stonewalled in both Arena and GW.

Also, wasn't GW supposed to be the anti Arena? Where wider, deeper character pools gets you further? But now it's not the case at all. Getting Arena matches means you pretty much still can only play it like you do Arena - with laser focus and abandoning all notions of fun...

@DarthHernia

I do agree. Honestly I am a virtual hoarder. I would LOVE to have all the characters and work to unlocking them. Problem with these types of F2P games is just you get stone-walled due to power creep and whales, so if you DONT focus you get screwed in the end. And yea, GW was supposed to require a deep bench but most people have figured out if you just focus fire the Sid/Kylo to prevent heal debuff, you can just use the same A-team all the way through. Hell, some people just run 4 healers + dps/tank and take the slow but steady approach.

I normally don't do research on games and jump right in without knowing anything (Dark Souls... man... that was brutal) but anything with F2P I research the top meta so I dont become like the thousands who cant bypass GW simply because they decided to level snow trooper instead of working towards a hero that doesnt suck. I think, in the end, that would be far less fun than focusing a few good characters for an A-team.

• Options

I'm F2P and power through these teams without a fully geared team. It's all about synergy and speed. I run 5* QGJ, 6*Yoda, 7*Lum, 7*JC, 7*Eeth or Poggle. Probably going to swap Eeth/Poggle for 6* Ahsoka :)
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Megadeth3700

That was his point: you farmed high speed characters. He stated he runs a droid team which is considerably slower than the majority of what appears in GW. Sid is in 99% of all teams, and he goes before droids. Dooku I would say about 80% of teams, also goes before droids. I could go on, but the point is he is suffering for going after a droid team instead of high speed. Which, lets be fair, isn't completely his fault if he didnt join the forum and do research for the f2p game. He just went with what was fun, and that's fine, but he became crippled in GW because of it.

Honestly, GW just needs a rework.

• Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Megadeth3700

That was his point: you farmed high speed characters. He stated he runs a droid team which is considerably slower than the majority of what appears in GW. Sid is in 99% of all teams, and he goes before droids. Dooku I would say about 80% of teams, also goes before droids. I could go on, but the point is he is suffering for going after a droid team instead of high speed. Which, lets be fair, isn't completely his fault if he didnt join the forum and do research for the f2p game. He just went with what was fun, and that's fine, but he became crippled in GW because of it.

Honestly, GW just needs a rework.

Your right that's what you get for farming Arena specific characters instead of GW. I get knocked down fast in arena but I finish GW everyday. I was going for what i found to be fun at first but when started doing GW I did some research and quickly switched to all out Jedi.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Bah! People shouldn't be penalized if they chose certain characters. One reason that GW can't be completed, is that almost every node has speed dps teams. If the devs had some nodes with non-player non-speed teams, then GW would be more interesting

Droid have great synergy. Devs could bring make droids relevant again, if they bumped up Lobot's leader speed buff just a little bit.

Edit: Apparently, Jawa Engineer might make droids relevant again in Arena.
    Post edited by sid on
  • Options
    I have 9 7*, 11 6*, levels 65-70 and I can't make it through the last 3 GW battles. In some wars, all my players get wiped out. 3 will get killed before I have a turn, then I get 2 shots before the rest are taken out. I have Yoda, Luminar, Asajj, Jedi, Kit, Princess Leia, Ahsoka, Phasma, Kylo, Aayla, Tarkin, QGJ, Sid...

So Kudos to all you that make it through easily but it may be the server you are on or some other component that makes it easier for you.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @stonegatherer

It definitely isn't the server I am on. I am on an older server with lots of whales and developed teams.

GW is honestly about team comp and I have a pretty deep bench since I have been playing for months now. I really don't need to go into my bench except for maybe the last 2-3 nodes when I have to pick and choose who gets to die, but other than that my A-team just blazes through GW.

I am running Sid, Lumi, Dooku, GS, Phasma(i swap her out for others depending on enemy GW).

I generally always go first because of all my high speed characters. I wipe out their top dps or enemy Sid to prevent heal debuff, then I just cleanup. Jedi teams dont even touch me because of dooku stuns and sid dodges, and all jedi have weak hp so a GS assist will mostly one shot any jedi. I always go before droids, so they dont worry me either.

The hardest teams are double tank (han, poe) + 3 dps. Those are the only ones that generally wreck my face.
  • Options
    @stonegatherer

It definitely isn't the server I am on. I am on an older server with lots of whales and developed teams.

GW is honestly about team comp and I have a pretty deep bench since I have been playing for months now. I really don't need to go into my bench except for maybe the last 2-3 nodes when I have to pick and choose who gets to die, but other than that my A-team just blazes through GW.

I am running Sid, Lumi, Dooku, GS, Phasma(i swap her out for others depending on enemy GW).

I generally always go first because of all my high speed characters. I wipe out their top dps or enemy Sid to prevent heal debuff, then I just cleanup. Jedi teams dont even touch me because of dooku stuns and sid dodges, and all jedi have weak hp so a GS assist will mostly one shot any jedi. I always go before droids, so they dont worry me either.

The hardest teams are double tank (han, poe) + 3 dps. Those are the only ones that generally wreck my face.

But you're still retreating multiple times per match, right?

I've had some days where I'm able to complete it and some days where I can't no matter what combo I try. However, every single time I have to retreat again and again to avoid crippling AI combos. Today I faced a team with three stunners on node 6. I can't kill three toons in the first round of combat no matter how fast my team is. And they end up stunning and murdering 1-2 of my team no matter who I put in.

So if you're "blazing" through GW then you are lucky. Sure, you have a good comp for GW, but you've got to be retreating like a fiend to get through without losing anyone until the last 2 nodes.
  • Options
    I've had some days where I'm able to complete it and some days where I can't no matter what combo I try. However, every single time I have to retreat again and again to avoid crippling AI combos. Today I faced a team with three stunners on node 6. I can't kill three toons in the first round of combat no matter how fast my team is. And they end up stunning and murdering 1-2 of my team no matter who I put in.

No offense, but it sounds like you are playing this wrong. You beat that team by putting in Poe and focusing down the other 2 DPS while ignoring the stunners. Stunners like Dooku/Daka do very low damage and aren't the real threat. Poe is also faster than all the stunners except Dooku and has very high tenacity so it's very hard to stun him. Basically the fight more or less goes like:

1. Dooku stuns 1 member
    2. Poe taunts and exposes/reduces enemy TM
    3. Your remaining 3 members focus down one of their DPS. If you got lucky with exposes it might even be possible to kill both DPS here.
    4. Their members focus Poe. Their stunners will probably have their stuns resisted and Poe will heal off it. Poe will be taken to low HP, but since you killed one of their DPS and stunners like Dooku/Daka have crappy basic attack damage, he will survive.
    5. 2nd turn. Whoever Dooku stunned first turn is unstunned.
    6. Lumi pops her heal tops off the team and brings Poe back to ~70% HP.
    7. Your other members focus down the 2nd enemy DPS if needed. If the 2nd DPS is already dead from earlier, then start working on their stunners, starting with presumably Daka.
    8. Lumi's HoT continues to heal your team during mop up. Use only basic attacks during mop up in order to get more turns in and allow cooldowns to refresh.
    9. You should win the fight with basically full HP and all your cooldowns up except the Lumi heal which will have 1-2 turns left still.

Even if Dooku stuns 2 members at the start, you can still follow this formula because 2 of your DPS should be able to focus down one of theirs. Whenever I see one of these "utility" teams, I thank the guy upstairs for such a free win.