Gear Solution

We were promised better access stun guns, carbantis, and cuffs, but that was a fat lie. Here is my proposal:

Make gear craftable using the scavenger. Gear can be broken down, why can't we use the mats to re-create. Even if CG made the ratio like 10:1, it would still give us a chance to break down gear that isn't being used and craft gear that we need. This would make all gear useable and still force us to make a choice between relics or gear crafting.

I would elaborate more on this, but it's pointless because we all know it won't happen because CG only wants money. Ignore this next spam, I'm only trying to attract a CG employ with their mating call...MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY SPENDING MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY SPENDING MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Replies

• Ultra
    11537 posts Moderator
    Options
    I’m very content with the current inflow of cuffs, carbs, stun guns and I hope they don’t increase it!
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I’m very content with the current inflow of cuffs, carbs, stun guns and I hope they don’t increase it!

What? I mean cuffs and carbs ok but stun guns need to be addressed for the greater good of the game. Getting to g12 and g13 should be made easier as relics is going to be the stop gap now. It makes no sense to have so many old stop gaps still in place.
  • Options

Ultra, it's stuff like this that makes people think you're a shill
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    Options
    SkylarSong wrote: »

It just means Ultra thinks he's better at managing resources than the average player and more access to gear lessens his advantage

Well actually that's what I'm assuming. Because that's how i feel. It's not about shilling, it's about winning.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11537 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It just means Ultra thinks he's better at managing resources than the average player and more access to gear lessens his advantage

Well actually that's what I'm assuming. Because that's how i feel. It's not about shilling, it's about winning.
    This.

Personally, I have a lot of stun cuffs, stun guns, carbanti banked up

I think after the 4 year mark, things stabilize enough that you won’t have them as a major bottleneck, I’ve seen others also stocked up on 200~300 carbs

With the lack of new toons, this is expected to happen for elder players

I really don’t want others to catch up to me by easing the crunch
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Just wait until you have toons that you want to gear up to gr lvl 8 and 9, I'm not talking about mk1 stun guns I'm referring to the number of toons that require mk5 stun guns and the amount that are need for each toon in order to get to gr8-13 not gr1-gr7!lmao

I would love to see a roster comparison between you and ultra. I can guess who would be ltao then.
  • Options
    Ultra=Edward?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    We were promised better access stun guns, carbantis, and cuffs, but that was a fat lie. Here is my proposal:

Make gear craftable using the scavenger. Gear can be broken down, why can't we use the mats to re-create. Even if CG made the ratio like 10:1, it would still give us a chance to break down gear that isn't being used and craft gear that we need. This would make all gear useable and still force us to make a choice between relics or gear crafting.

I would elaborate more on this, but it's pointless because we all know it won't happen because CG only wants money. Ignore this next spam, I'm only trying to attract a CG employ with their mating call...MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY SPENDING MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY SPENDING MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Salvaging and crafting would be really nice! I expect to see it either.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Before calling something a lie, can you provide the quote that is stating what you stated?
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Just wait until you have toons that you want to gear up to gr lvl 8 and 9, I'm not talking about mk1 stun guns I'm referring to the number of toons that require mk5 stun guns and the amount that are need for each toon in order to get to gr8-13 not gr1-gr7!lmao

Why would anyone G13 all their chars?

Nothing else to do in game?
    If i were to ever reach a point that even coming on felt like a chore, but not enough to delete the game, I would probably consider doing that, just for the fun and challenge of it.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Before calling something a lie, can you provide the quote that is stating what you stated?

They claimed the Kyros were invented to alleviate these specific gears. Then, they removed these specific pieces from 10 energy ship nodes and actually made it harder to get them. By now it's common knowledge and you are the forum god here so I expect you to remember them saying this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

They claimed the Kyros were invented to alleviate these specific gears. Then, they removed these specific pieces from 10 energy ship nodes and actually made it harder to get them. By now it's common knowledge and you are the forum god here so I expect you to remember them saying this.

Here is what you said:
    We were promised better access stun guns, carbantis, and cuffs.....

Then you said that was a lie.

Can you please reference the posts that this was stated to prove who is lying here?
    Also, stating better access to one thing, and stating they were lowering demand by adding something else are 2 different things. Which is what they said about kryos.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

This.

Personally, I have a lot of stun cuffs, stun guns, carbanti banked up

I think after the 4 year mark, things stabilize enough that you won’t have them as a major bottleneck, I’ve seen others also stocked up on 200~300 carbs

With the lack of new toons, this is expected to happen for elder players

I really don’t want others to catch up to me by easing the crunch

Wait so you don’t just spend the stun guns as soon as you get them ?! Groundbreaking.
  • Options

Can you please reference the posts that this was stated to prove who is lying here?
    Also, stating better access to one thing, and stating they were lowering demand by adding something else are 2 different things. Which is what they said about kryos.

I would assume he's reffering to this. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206309/changes-to-g12-inflow
    Ok, so what do we do about this. Spending energy to farm gear is core to SWGOH, and we don’t have any plans on changing that. However, what we would like to do is look at adding more deterministic ways of acquiring gear. This is why we tend to lean on new currencies and shipments when releasing new features because players can purchase the specific gear they need at a predetermined quantity (rather than the randomness from spending energy). Hence the ever increasing store UI, which we are also looking into addressing the order of operations for but couldn’t get the tech finalized for this release.

To Ultra and TVF: So everyone who hasn't been playing for years can go F themselves? What a wonderful community.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    th3evo wrote: »

I would assume he's reffering to this. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206309/changes-to-g12-inflow
    Ok, so what do we do about this. Spending energy to farm gear is core to SWGOH, and we don’t have any plans on changing that. However, what we would like to do is look at adding more deterministic ways of acquiring gear. This is why we tend to lean on new currencies and shipments when releasing new features because players can purchase the specific gear they need at a predetermined quantity (rather than the randomness from spending energy). Hence the ever increasing store UI, which we are also looking into addressing the order of operations for but couldn’t get the tech finalized for this release.

To Ultra and TVF: So everyone who hasn't been playing for years can go kitten themselves? What a wonderful community.

If he is, that is not what he said, he listed 3 specific pieces, and to my recollection they never made that statement.

That statement was made towards g12 gear which after that point was moved to many places to farm.

I am not saying that they should not be working towards releasing the choke hold they have on those pieces, just making sure that we start from a point of truth.....

Like ultra said, I also have a small stockpile of those pieces and manage them well enough at this point, but still feel like I could spend them more if I have more income.
  • Options

Here is what you said:

tbf, saying we won't need as many of one gear but will need equal (iirc) amounts of a different gear is not helping with a gear crunch

I mean, I need to fill my bag and it takes 10 apples to do so, and they are hard to find. What's that? I now only need 5 apples?? Sweet...oh, and 5 oranges. Thanks? I guess my apple crunch has been alleviated, I mean, technically. But have I been helped?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Here is what you said:

tbf, saying we won't need as many of one gear but will need equal (iirc) amounts of a different gear is not helping with a gear crunch

I mean, I need to fill my bag and it takes 10 apples to do so, and they are hard to find. What's that? I now only need 5 apples?? Sweet...oh, and 5 oranges. Thanks? I guess my apple crunch has been alleviated, I mean, technically. But have I been helped?

I didnt say it did.

But it does slow the rate of increase when we have an "old piece" that is used and added less as it moves forward.

The issue is never the number needed, it's the rate its added. We have an income and they were exceeding it by a far margin.
  • Options
    If he is, that is not what he said, he listed 3 specific pieces, and to my recollection they never made that statement.

That statement was made towards g12 gear which after that point was moved to many places to farm.

I am not saying that they should not be working towards releasing the choke hold they have on those pieces, just making sure that we start from a point of truth.....

Like ultra said, I also have a small stockpile of those pieces and manage them well enough at this point, but still feel like I could spend them more if I have more income.

The statement is under the heading "Pre-Gear XII Sources", which talked specifically about MK3 Carbanti.
    Also it's worth mentioning that this older gear is a part of G12 - MK6 Stun Gun for example. But I guess CG doesn't see it that way.

What's the point in adding a store with gear that is supposed to "ease" the grind and then fill it up with SUPER IMPORTANT and SUPER EXPENSIVE character shards? The store is pretty much worthless to anyone who plays this game seriously. But what if you already have all the current characters, you ask? Well then you hoard because we all know that CG will add even more characters to that store!

• Ultra
    11537 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra=Edward?
    Unlike Edward, I am actively upgrading my rosters instead of hoarding for the sake of hoarding
    To Ultra and TVF: So everyone who hasn't been playing for years can go F themselves? What a wonderful community.
    People who haven't been playing for years will be facing other players in the same situation, so yeah it goes back to who does a better job of managing resources
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    People who haven't been playing for years will be facing other players in the same situation, so yeah it goes back to who does a better job of managing resources

No. New players will not be facing other new players unfortunately. They will be facing alt accounts of players who have been playing for years stockpiling resourcers and waiting for new arena shards to open. Who know how to play this game, what to do to get the best characters etc.
    So it does not come down to who does the better job of managing resources.