$29.99 for a no name character?

Prev1
Really? This is were we are at?

Nice touch on the gear. I've got 300 of each. Real enticing.

Replies

• Options
    ozz138wyco0a.png
    Why bother buying that pack?
  • Options
    Nice pull
  • Options
    DHudson wrote: »

Nice touch on the gear. I've got 300 of each. Real enticing.

They did the same for brood alpha. Gesr in that pavk was better... but same
  • Dookcommander
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    :D
  • Options
    Well shoot, now that the one 330 pack that statistically exists is gone, what’s the point?
  • Options
    Dave12 wrote: »
    Well shoot, now that the one 330 pack that statistically exists is gone, what’s the point?

Ahnald got one (apparently Peemo did too), which means no one will get one for the next 3 years.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    He does have a name.... arc trooper, duh!
  • Options
    His name is Robert Paulson
  • Options
    His name is Robert Paulson
    Codename: Meatloaf
  • Options
    He has a name smh.

Its,
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Correction. $30 for half of 25% of a no name character
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »

40 / 80 = 1 / 2 = 50% (quick maths)

Unlocking him counts.

Unless u want to be overdramatic with g11.
  • Options

We've already been there for 5 months. Brood Alpha had a $29.99 pack for 40 shards and some gear too. At least his pack had 100 Kyros as part of the gear. They swapped in some other stuff for the Kyros which isn't all that good.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    ei5x2wtnotde.jpeg
    Already beating Drevan teams with this so gotta say he’s a good no name charter. Personally
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

Unlocking him counts.

80/330 = 25%
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    ei5x2wtnotde.jpeg
    Already beating Drevan teams with this so gotta say he’s a good no name charter. Personally

You can do the same with Ahsoka, really. Most of the kills from offense comes from Echo / Rex after fives sacrifices himself

The question is how good is he at holding defense
  • Options

Unlocking him counts.

80/330 = 25%

Overdramatic route chosen I see
  • Options
    I personally have been waiting for the ARC trooper for the last 3 years. He’s been my favorite character of the entire Star Wars trilogy for as long as I can remember. He’s such an important and key piece to the entire Star Wars universe (well, accept for the even more important character of Geonosian Brood Alpha of course). Who needs Jedi Luke when we can add ARC trooper and a battle bug to our lineup?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    My no name Marauder says hi.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    ozz138wyco0a.png
    Why bother buying that pack?

I wouldn’t buy either of those, especially a $20 slot. How far were you in before you hit
  • Options

Unlocking him counts.

80/330 = 25%

Overdramatic route chosen I see

That isn’t overly dramatic. It’s an entirely reasonable view to say that an unlock is not the same as the full 7*/g13/relic 7 version. You are getting a fraction of the functionality, and will be trying to use it against fully functional characters. It’s like saying 4 wheels, an engine, a frame and a steering mechanism is not 100% of a car even though it might be minimally functional.

That said, people know what they’re paying for. It’s entirely our choice to buy or not. If people don’t buy then the devs will have to give better deals to entice spending. If people buy they will take things away to see how bad a deal people will stomach paying for. I’m fine with how that works. But I don’t see any reason to call people dramatic because they have a reasonable assessment of the price.

40 shards is just over 12% of the way down one upgrade path (out of multiple progression systems) required to get one character to maximum effectiveness. That’s out of what 170-ish characters now? I would never pay more than a few pennies for that insignificant amount of content. $30 is severely overpriced. This whole game is maybe worth $30 to me. But I don’t set the market price. Groups voting with their dollars do. I’m fine with that, and I’m also fine with people recognizing that this game charges silly high prices for almost nothing in return.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Edit: Weird glitch caused double post.
    Post edited by JacenRoe on
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »
    If he had a name would you spend your $30 ? Get lost you don’t spend money anyways otherwise you wouldn’t be posting this. Freeloader

If it had been a named character I would have. Cause I can but nice assumption.

Sorry you can't.

so the only thing preventing you from buying the character is that he doesn’t have a proper noun ?
  • Options
    If he had a name would you spend your $30 ? Get lost you don’t spend money anyways otherwise you wouldn’t be posting this. Freeloader

Sorry you can't.

so the only thing preventing you from buying the character is that he doesn’t have a proper noun ?

We could start calling him Frank, maybe?
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Sorry you can't.

We could start calling him Frank, maybe?

I'm gonna call him MARC