Why does Jawa Engineer need so many Stun Cuffs?

I’m gearing up Jawas on account of they’re a very good Geonosian counter that leaves Traya available for other teams.

So how come I’m throwing so many Stun Cuffs at Engineer? His damage is percent health based, isn’t it? Am I missing something about Thermal Detonators?
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• Options
    Why does fives take like 550 Carbantis?

Because they're coded to.
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Why does fives take like 550 Carbantis?

Because they're coded to.
    Carbantis give STR which is essential to tanks, maybe not the best example.

But yes, generally a good portion of the gear pieces give stats that are not crucial or are straight up useless and you just fill them to get to the next tier.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Why are you gearing up Jawas when there are more counters than just Traya?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Hes bootleg Memphisto
  • Options

Cause it’s so much fun to watch the screen freeze for a few seconds after throwing Scavs bomb... and then all of the Geos go bye bye. Quite enjoyable.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I asked OP who stated it was to leave Traya free for something else.
  • Options
    Damage is percent health based, you are not missing anything, you are throwing many stun cuffs at him in order to go to the next gear level.

This is just a repeat of "why do I put equipment with attack on Grievous" or "why do I equip B1 with things that give health" or "why does Hoda equip things that give potency or attack or crit chance". You do it because CG has decided that you'll have to grind, so get grinding.
    Thing is, there's usually some sort of outside the box explanation you can give--be it futureproofing or something else. A Rebel with no debuffs would still benefit from Potency, since under Luke they can chunk off TM.

Or the secondary stat on the gear is what you're actually getting (ie: Mk4 dog tags on Greivous--you don't benefit from the physical damage, but the armor penetration still works). Or, again in the case of GG, the gear was set up when he was a regular attacker and never updated for some reason.

But from the very start the Engineer has never done actual damage and I can't see a case where this is futureproofing. It boggles the mind.
    Because I've got them, so I might as well use them for something! Besides, this is a team that's literally only good against one other team right now, whereas Traya and other counters are useful against other teams. Why use a bazooka to kill some bugs when you can use those bazookas against something more bazookaworthy?

Cause it’s so much fun to watch the screen freeze for a few seconds after throwing Scavs bomb... and then all of the Geos go bye bye. Quite enjoyable.

I usually don't even get that far. Mod for health and protection, not speed, so that you just outlast them and then they all take turns exploding one after the other :P
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Well good luck. I think anyone who gears Jawas is wasting resources better used elsewhere but that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    They need to arrest any unwanted Mandalorians trespassing on their sandcrawler
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Jawa Engineer is actually quite useful with a droid team. I sometimes use him as a replacement for BB8 in a GG nuke team. Gives TM and revives droids. Underrated character.
  • Options
    Well good luck. I think anyone who gears Jawas is wasting resources better used elsewhere but that's just my opinion.

My G12 Jawas say otherwise.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    Jawas will be needed in epic confrontation to unlock mandalorian dude,start gearing them up now
  • Options

Does Traya counter Geos? Haven’t geared her yet as I’ve had other priorities (Shaak Ti, sucks)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Does Traya counter Geos? Haven’t geared her yet as I’ve had other priorities (Shaak Ti, sucks)

Yes, undermanned at that. Traya,sion+things works which allows you to save dn for other teams.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

My G12 Jawas say otherwise.

Missing the point.
  • Options
    How is he missing the point exactly? He levelled up a squad to do a specific job and they do that job therefore no gear has been wasted .
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Tezza23 wrote: »
    How is he missing the point exactly? He levelled up a squad to do a specific job and they do that job therefore no gear has been wasted .

There's several other teams that do the same job, do it more efficiently, and have more use than just as one specific counter that you have to hope you can actually use.
  • Tezza23
    88 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    And those teams will be needed for other squads too, and in some scenarios your gonna have to use them. And in my case I forgot I had Geos to contend with and used traya on Cls , Now with Jawas I don’t think your ever gonna have that problem of useing them too prematurely.

Also there’s guild wars that factor into this as well , geo walls are a pain for some guilds
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Poor tactics doesn't make gearing Jawas a wise choice.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    jawas are trash and only a good counter to bugs, resource-wise, if you already had them at least semi-built. in the good/bad old days jawas were needed in order to unlock certain mods so people had worked on them. Thus, throwing a little more gear on them to counter bugs was not the worst idea. However, if you haven't put anything into jawas yet it would be a massive waste of resources (which is what tvf is saying, imo). But to each their own. Do you.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I’m gearing up Jawas on account of they’re a very good Geonosian counter that leaves Traya available for other teams.

So how come I’m throwing so many Stun Cuffs at Engineer? His damage is percent health based, isn’t it? Am I missing something about Thermal Detonators?
    @NicWester
    This was actually a complaint a while back, and they added a potency boost to Thermal Detonators based partially on your physical damage. I don't know if they ever released the % ratio that gets added from the physical damage to detonators landing, but it is non-zero. So those stun cuffs actually do help slightly in terms of landing the detonators. It won't increase the damage of the detonators though.

I will try to find the post on it, but it's from a realllllllly long time ago so it might take some time searching.