Journey Guide is NOT Beginner-Friendly

Prev1
KingPerry38
10 posts Member
edited December 2019
Here are some screenshots from my secondary account which is currently at level 79.

The Journey Guide won't let me access any of the events (except Palpatine, Yoda, and Thrawn) because I don't meet the level 85 requirement. Capital Games has basically put a "Hyperdrive Bundle" requirement on every single Legendary and Journey character. The Journey Guide was supposed to help beginner players understand what path to take and what characters to upgrade, but they can't even unlock the characters that they have worked so hard for until they reach level 85.

The screenshot of my roster is to show that before the Journey Guide was introduced, I was able to complete the BB-8 event and receive a 7-star BB-8, which is a feat that is now impossible.

Congratulations CG, you have actually made the game MORE difficult for beginner players... *slow clap*

EDIT: A lot of people are misunderstanding me, so let me clarify.
I think the Journey Guide is a great idea. As a level 85, I love being able to play the events whenever I want and I love being able to replay the events just for fun. BUT take a second and think about it from a beginners point of view: Before the release of the Journey Guide, beginner players could unlock powerful legendary and journey characters, which would make the grind much more enjoyable. Now they have to grind all the way to level 85 to unlock those characters (most people quit before then because the toughest grind is levels 70-85). The whole idea of the Journey Guide was to allow beginner players to progress faster and enjoy the game more, but instead it is aimed at level 85 players only.

v0u2h9gv7rl1.jpg
7gznutfsgem5.jpg
tdbhj3id7e7a.jpg
Post edited by KingPerry38 on

Replies

• Options
    LOL - nice.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    Sry but i really dont understand what you are trying to say.

Journey Guide is nearly the best they implemented to the game in the Last few months...
  • Options
    Larx wrote: »

Journey Guide is nearly the best they implemented to the game in the Last few months...

I agree, this is the best thing they have put in the game in a long time. On my main account (lvl 85), I found it really helpful. But for beginner players, who aren't level 85, it really doesn't help them at all.

In my post, I used the BB-8 event as an example. The event used to have a level 60 requirement on it and came around every few months. Now the event is always active, but requires you to be level 85. So anyone who isn't level 85, can't get BB-8, or R2-D2, or JTR, or CLS, or Revan(s), etc.

Does that help explain what I was trying to say?
  • Options
    Here are some screenshots from my secondary account which is currently at level 79.

The Journey Guide won't let me access any of the events (except Palpatine, Yoda, and Thrawn) because I don't meet the level 85 requirement. Capital Games has basically put a "Hyperdrive Bundle" requirement on every single Legendary and Journey character. The Journey Guide was supposed to help beginner players understand what path to take and what characters to upgrade, but they can't even unlock the characters that they have worked so hard for until they reach level 85.

The screenshot of my roster is to show that before the Journey Guide was introduced, I was able to complete the BB-8 event and receive a 7-star BB-8, which is a feat that is now impossible.

Congratulations CG, you have actually made the game MORE difficult for beginner players... *slow clap*

v0u2h9gv7rl1.jpg
    7gznutfsgem5.jpg
    tdbhj3id7e7a.jpg

Um lvl 85 has always been required for the hero's journey characters and related legendaries.
  • Options

He is saying that with the Journey Guide they accidentally or intentionally (that remains yet to be seen) introduced lvl requirements for ALL those characters. He has a character from the previous event that he is now officially unable to unlock, bc he is still not lvl 85.

Soooo you either buy that **** pack or you wait until lvl 85 to unlock Thrawn, or yoda which was not the way before.

*Flies away*
  • Options
    @OpticGK_Alex
    lvl 85 has always been required for the hero's journey characters and related legendaries.

How can you say that with a straight face while staring at a screen shot in your own comment where a level 79 account has a 7* bb8?
  • Options
    Get to 85, done
  • KingPerry38
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Darth_Sour wrote: »
    Get to 85, done

What about beginner players who are starting at level 1?
    Do you suggest they just pay the $100 to get the Hyperdrive Bundle and reach level 85 immediately?
  • Options
    Get to 85, done

Do you suggest they just pay the $100 to get the Hyperdrive Bundle and reach level 85 immediately?

Yes if they can afford it and want to.
  • Ultra
    11519 posts Moderator
    Options
    Get to 85, done

They aren’t locked out of level 85

Only thing you can buy is time in this game, level 1 beginners will have to level up. The game is very fun early on, so beginners should enjoy this process
  • Options
    I understand that it's a bit frustrating having to level your account to 85 to unlock those event toons, but at least they are there all the time and will never go away compared to how it was before the Journey Guide.

You can't unlock them before level 85 now, so what? It's not like you really NEED them for anything below level 85. Any sub-85 content can be beaten without those toons, easily. Back in the days we didn't have those at all and had to fight our way to 85 with our Phasmas, Clone-Wars-Chewbaccas, Jedi Consulars and whatnot. And if we managed to do it with those, then you can surely do it with the 10x better stuff that's available today.
  • Options

v0u2h9gv7rl1.jpg
    7gznutfsgem5.jpg
    tdbhj3id7e7a.jpg

Um lvl 85 has always been required for the hero's journey characters and related legendaries.

Um I don't actually remember one way or another, but unless he has doctored his screenshot he has a level 79 BB-8 showing otherwise.....
  • Options

I agree, this is the best thing they have put in the game in a long time. On my main account (lvl 85), I found it really helpful. But for beginner players, who aren't level 85, it really doesn't help them at all.

In my post, I used the BB-8 event as an example. The event used to have a level 60 requirement on it and came around every few months. Now the event is always active, but requires you to be level 85. So anyone who isn't level 85, can't get BB-8, or R2-D2, or JTR, or CLS, or Revan(s), etc.

Does that help explain what I was trying to say?

So you can see the requirements but can’t even attempt the event, even the first few tiers before level 85? That doesn’t seem intentional nor does it seem to align with the spirit of the JG. But you’re right it’s there in black and white that 85 is a requirement. I wonder if it was there as a placeholder and they just forgot to fix it or if it was intentional to bottleneck players from even trying.
  • Options
    Journey Guide is End Game content. I can't speak to whether it was meant to be or not. But it is clearly end game. If it was not intended to be.. WHOOPSIE
  • Options
    It's to try and snare "just about there"-players into buying the Hyperdrive Bundle. You don't think it's a coincidence they released at the same time?
  • Options
    Get to 85, done

They’ll have more fun and be better at gameplay if they reach the steps organically, but if they want it faster there’s that option.
  • Options
    I understand that it's a bit frustrating having to level your account to 85 to unlock those event toons, but at least they are there all the time and will never go away compared to how it was before the Journey Guide.

You can't unlock them before level 85 now, so what? It's not like you really NEED them for anything below level 85. Any sub-85 content can be beaten without those toons, easily. Back in the days we didn't have those at all and had to fight our way to 85 with our Phasmas, Clone-Wars-Chewbaccas, Jedi Consulars and whatnot. And if we managed to do it with those, then you can surely do it with the 10x better stuff that's available today.

One question for you: Let's assume that you are a brand new player to this game... would you rather have to wait until you were level 85 to instantly unlock a character, or just wait for the event and get the character at level 65 (for example)?

As I said earlier, on my level 85 account, I really love having the events active all the time. But from a beginner point of view, it can seem really frustrating.
  • Options
    It's just a tradeoff. Before, you had to time your farms to land with the schedule, but now you can just farm the team and get it as soon as you're done (assuming you're 85). That is far superior to the old method. The tradeoff, is they are trying to encourage you to buy their new pack.

I don't see the issue. If you want it now, you'll buy it now. If you can wait, then you wait, and once you're 85, you can start getting the Legendaries.
  • OmegaIV
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Seriously, you're so ungrateful. The JG is the best thing introduced into the game. Our guild jumped 5+mil in GP and unlocked a pile of characters and ships.

You need the prerequisites, and one of them is level 85. It's like saying "wahhh I don't have all the ships to unlock Han's ****... this sucks...."

LOL

PS: Please don't apply to our guild.
  • Options
    OmegaIV wrote: »
    Seriously, you're so ungrateful. The JG is the best thing introduced into the game. Our guild jumped 5+mil in GP and unlocked a pile of characters and ships.

You need the prerequisites, and one of them is level 85. It's like saying "wahhh I don't have all the ships to unlock Han's ****... this sucks...."

LOL

Ya so that 5 million GP bump? That's a bug, GP is screwed up everywhere and changing constantly. Great job CG.
    Why were people able to unlock these characters before the HDB? Because that's how it should work. GMY at 7* is a cakewalk. Lvl 70-80 can easily clear it at 7*. So now they put up a paywall that didn't exist to pull non-85s to buy this bogus bundle just to play an event they can already beat?
    Going from 79 to 85 is going to take a bit. Yes they removed the waiting period between events which I love and both my accounts are at 85, so this doesn't hurt me. But why in the world would they now enforce a level block. Accident? Maybe. More likely its a subtle cash grab.
  • Options
    while the process of unlocking legendaries now is easier than before, CG had absolutely no reason to implement a lvl 85 requirement for the majority of the legendaries/journeys other than to advertise their Hyperwhale bundle...
  • Options
    Spoiled little...

We had to wait months upon months for a legendary

Now all u gotta do is be level 85 and you get everything thrown at you.

Smh
  • Options

One question for you: Let's assume that you are a brand new player to this game... would you rather have to wait until you were level 85 to instantly unlock a character, or just wait for the event and get the character at level 65 (for example)?

As I said earlier, on my level 85 account, I really love having the events active all the time. But from a beginner point of view, it can seem really frustrating.

As StarSon mentioned above, it's a tradeoff. If I were a new player I would either think that getting to 85 to unlock is the norm and wouldn't think further about it, or I would simply accept it if I knew that rotations were a thing earlier, and that permanent availability may have its price (in this case reaching 85 first).

I'm not saying it's a good thing that they "locked" it behind 85 now, but let's be honest, it's really just a first world problem. I'd rather wait a bit until I reach 85 and have all events open forever than miss the event because it's only running for a week and I wasn't quite ready yet.
  • Options
    Most people won’t be ready for multiple legendaries before lvl85 anyway.
  • Options
    OmegaIV wrote: »

LOL

As I stated before, from a level 85 point of view, I think the Journey Guide is the best thing introduced into this game in a very long time. BUT when you look at it from a beginner player's point of view, it seems like a step backwards, especially because CG advertised it as a great new feature for beginner players. The whole reason this guide was introduced was to help beginner players achieve a path to legendaries, but now that the guide is in the game, we can see that it is more geared towards end game (or at least level 85) players.

To sum up my point, I really like the Journey Guide and I think it was a great idea, but it isn't exactly a beginner friendly feature... hence the title of my post(:
  • Options
    This is a free to play to game, not everything is going to be spoon-fed to the entire playerbase. They do have to make money to keep the game alive.We're talking about EA here, I mean come on. Buy the bundle or pay your dues in time. The JG is nothing but helpful to everyone at some point in time, level 85 is not that hard.

Any f2p game you wanna play free is all about grinding, so keep on keepin on.
    Well, hell I ain't no politician; kissing **** just ain't my style.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    OP is right, before you could get GMY at level 60. If now you have to wait 85 it's sad. Regardless of availability.
  • Options
    Say it with me everyone: "It's to get players to buy the Hyperdrive Bundle"...

Let's release all "classic" legendaries/HJ/AJ characters in a new constant-access format. But we'll level cap it at 85 so any new players that were just about ready to unlock for the first time can't.

Then let's release this new "Guide" at the same time that we release a hugely expensive "instant 85" package to the in-game store.

I feel like this should be just assumed practice by EA at this point. Why anyone is surprised/complaining is beyond me.