"Underdog" GAC feat is inappropriate during 3v3

Prev1
I really hope that CG doesn't use this feat next time they hold a 3v3 GAC. They need to come up with something else for those tournaments. It's not that you can't get any underdog victories, but your ability to do so is severely constrained, and people who would normally complete this easily will fail ... Playing 4 on 5 is just very seriously different than playing 2 on 3.

Or, I suppose, if they have to use the underdog category, they can cut the number of UD victories required for the feat in half - that's probably about the same level of difficulty.

As it is, I'm not even trying for underdog wins.

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I never have problems under sizing 3v3...always be a few teams each round you can do it to
  • Options
    While that may be true for you, it's objectively harder if you have 66% of the opponent's toons instead of 80%. It's also objectively harder in the sense that what really sends squad strength up is not the individual toon, but the synergies. With only 2 toons, there's minimal opportunity for developing synergy. With 4, there's room for plenty of interactions.
  • Options
    Ships are a way to get undersized victories.
    But in regular battles, it's in fact a LOT harder to be sure. Only thing that comes to mind is Nest vs Ewoks.
  • Options
    This game mode is where individual toons come to the forefront Nest, Wampa, Malek, GAS, Yoda, GG, JKR, DR, Boba/Jango, GBA, KRU, HK ect ect can all solo teams then there are your Wat Tambor, Hoda, 3PO, R2 who make it easy to 2v3 even stronger teams sometimes, take some risks mate.
  • Options
    You kidding right? It's quite easy to underdog... Got 7 underdog wins just with the first round.... Play smart and efficiently and it's done....
  • Options
    Daerovius wrote: »
    You kidding right? It's quite easy to underdog... Got 7 underdog wins just with the first round.... Play smart and efficiently and it's done....
    *Division 6 detected*
  • Options
    "good at the game"
    its not a skill based game mate, you either spend time to get a goodroster or money to get a good roster, idc about the OP really its just nothing about swgoh is about being good at the game
  • Options
    Yeah, its more difficult. Unless you are in lower divisions and your opponent puts trash on defense. Just ignore feats, focus on winning. Winning got more rewarding with the recent changes
  • Options
    "good at the game"
    its not a skill based game mate, you either spend time to get a goodroster or money to get a good roster, idc about the OP really its just nothing about swgoh is about being good at the game

The truth is somewhere in between. The skill is knowing the interactions, counters, modding, kill order, etc.
    But, you can know all those things and lose because you didn’t spend to get DR and Malak. Or, you can have every toon possible and send in your poorly modded DR in a mirror match and get smashed.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    I read that as, "It's too hard for me, change it".

Learn to accept a challenge instead of always wanting a participation reward. With that said, it's not even difficult if you are good at the game. Another post gave you some hints.

I read it: it's a common sense therefore I must be against it.

Then again: it is a lot more difficult to get underdog victories.

P.S.: @MasterSeedy try to use Traya + Sion against 3 Geos. Right there you got at least one.
  • Options
    "good at the game"

🤣🤣🤣lol. ‘Skill based’ - funniest joke of the century. You made my day!
  • Options
    The new Vet feat seems more unrealistic to me! Oh wait, more and more people are now collaborating with their opponent for easy feats and max points. This does my head in, just get rid of them
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    because you didn’t spend to get DR and Malak.

12/18/19?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    because you didn’t spend to get DR and Malak.

12/18/19?

Yes, they are f2p now, that was just an outdated example.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    ships, malak, nest, wampa, high relic jka, traya+sion, hk, kylos, ...

There are plenty of options and it's easy enough.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    It is harder for sure. In 5v5 i was always able to get like 1/2 of matches do undersized. In 3v3 so far i did 0 since my oponent went heavy on defense and i had no way to undersize win any of his teams. He didnt clear single mine but if this was 5v5 i would still be able to do some undersized wins.
  • Options
    Ships are practically a guaranteed undersize win if your fleets aren't garbage. Just need to leave 1 reinforcement slot open.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    The points for wins increased last GAC....they increased even more this GAC. Feats aren't nearly as important now as they were a few GACs ago.
  • Options
    I notice that no one has seriously contested the fact winning 2 v3 is harder than winning 4 v 5, yet the feat hasn't changed.
  • Options
    I notice that no one has seriously contested the fact winning 2 v3 is harder than winning 4 v 5, yet the feat hasn't changed.

What, did you expect cg to come rushing in and change the feat because some poster said it was harder for reasons?

Do i think it "feels" harder? Yes, but thats because all my knowledge of teams and synergies is focused on 5v5 (and under sizing those teams).

However, I do not believe it is actually harder to do, and almost for the exact same reason you think it is harder. To start, many teams are far less tough on def with 3 instead of 5. Then there is the question of attacking with 2 or less, to which i point to the strong attackers and duos out there. Han and chewie can be a monster offensive team without a leader. Malak can solo some 5 man teams, so 3 should increase the number. Same with nest and to an extent wampa. Characters like GG and boba can do massive aoe damage.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    What, did you expect cg to come rushing in and change the feat because some poster said it was harder for reasons?

Nope. I expected them to change the feat before I ever posted here to make something more relevant to the 3v3 environment.

3v3 is a different beast, and they obviously change a bunch of the feats with every new GAC, so why does it take a random player to inform CG that 67% is less than 80%?
  • Options

Nope. I expected them to change the feat before I ever posted here to make something more relevant to the 3v3 environment.

3v3 is a different beast, and they obviously change a bunch of the feats with every new GAC, so why does it take a random player to inform CG that 67% is less than 80%?

Because the feat is still a challenge, just because you think the math proves it shouldnt exist doesnt mean it is no longer appropriate. Tell me, has anyone made an actual argument against these feats other than this math? Because this math means nothing. Traya is a hard counter to bugs, yet her team is 60% of their team (and 50% if you factor in brute). Shouldnt that make the battle more difficult? I use the Cls/han/chewie trio to undersize in 5s, should i be more rewarded for a tougher battle of only having 60% of a team with a feat?

Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

Because the feat is still a challenge, just because you think the math proves it shouldnt exist doesnt mean it is no longer appropriate. Tell me, has anyone made an actual argument against these feats other than this math? Because this math means nothing. Traya is a hard counter to bugs, yet her team is 60% of their team (and 50% if you factor in brute).
    Taking that example, a comparably powered Triumvirate can 3v6 bugs. Can the same be said of 2v4?
  • Options
    Daerovius wrote: »
    *Division 6 detected*

Well I'm division 3 and I just got 6 underdogs. 5 two man and 1 one man. It just depends on how your opponent sets up their defense. We ended up with a draw and I win because of a higher GP, but we both did well.
  • Options
    Just focus on winning. Feats are a sideshow, do your best to win each round and your score will take care of itself.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Just focus on winning. Feats are a sideshow, do your best to win each round and your score will take care of itself.

This.

I don't do feats (only indirectly) and I've never missed Kyber

Given I'm Div 5 but yeah
  • Options
    id be fine with it if they just severely lower the number requirement
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    id be fine with it if they just severely lower the number requirement

But why though? you have more possible battles to fight, so why should the number of undersized wins decrease?