Christmas "Gifts"

Prev134
Kisakee
1648 posts Member
edited December 2019
Wow.. CG you're kidding, right?
"To celebrate Christmas we have special offers for the next 4 days, buy them now and be happy about these gifts we made you!"
"Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
- Grand Admiral Thrawn

Replies

• Options
    "Send us money!! Merry Christmas!!" :D

Only CG...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • xPat3678x
    251 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I def don't like "gifts" as being packs to but haha. Defeats the points of gifts I think right? Lol. Buuuuut, I'm FTP and I'm like 16 shards away from finally unlocking Traya, so I think I'm actually gonna buy that pack ha.

Now, hopefully it doesn't cost and arm and a leg! Aha. But I bet it will :/
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    xPat3678x wrote: »
    I def don't like "gifts" as being packs to but haha. Defeats the points of gifts I think right? Lol. Buuuuut, I'm FTP and I'm like 16 shards away from finally unlocking Traya, so I think I'm actually gonna buy that pack ha.

"That pack"? Haven't you read the ingame message? There will be a lot of packs and new ones every day for four days in total.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

or just wait 2/3 raids?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

or just wait 2/3 raids?

Ha that probably is what I should do. You just knocked sense into me lol. I def think I'll wait now.
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »

"That pack"? Haven't you read the ingame message? There will be a lot of packs and new ones every day for four days in total.

What do you mean??
  • Options
    Those are Christmas gifts though. CG’s Christmas gifts, not yours.

CG’s Christmas song: all I want for Christmas is your wallet 😅
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    "Send us money!! Merry Christmas!!" :D

Only CG...

"As a gift to our loyal playerbase, we allow you to buy more packs for a (probably not) reasonable price. We hope that you haven't bought presents for your kids yet coz our stakeholders need them much more. Enjoy!"
  • Options

What do you mean??

The wall of text message?
    9gmafwhtbq16.png
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options

What do you mean??

The wall of text message?
    9gmafwhtbq16.png

I still don't understand. I don't think I got that message.
  • Options
    If I buy them coal for Christmas and label it "Diamond Starter Kit", does that make it better? Because that's what these gifts seemingly amount to for me, shiny coal.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Someone has that screenshot in english so everyone can understand it?
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Those are Christmas gifts though. CG’s Christmas gifts, not yours.

CG’s Christmas song: all I want for Christmas is your... 😅

You mispelled "first born child".
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Someone has that screenshot in english so everyone can understand it?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/221219/content-update-12-18-2019

Scroll down to the Packs and Bundles section.
  • Options
    um, there's nothing about packs being christmas gifts. is thread real or did I miss something?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    um, there's nothing about packs being christmas gifts. is thread real or did I miss something?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/221219/content-update-12-18-2019#latest

Read the titles of the packs. 7 have the word "Holiday", and 3 others "Festive".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/221219/content-update-12-18-2019#latest

Read the titles of the packs. 7 have the word "Holiday", and 3 others "Festive".

relevance to people calling packs gifts?
  • Options
    l67sbgldvpqc.jpeg
    Here it is in English.
  • Options
    l67sbgldvpqc.jpeg
    Here it is in English.

Thanks
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    I went to Macy's for the holiday sale and they wanted money for stuff!
  • Options
    Not that I expect christmas gifts from CG, but advertising these packs as a sort of gift is a joke. Especially after rerunning Skywalker so soon, like RIGHT AFTER some people who spent $100's on unlocking GS the first time got him to 7* (or in some cases they still haven't gotten there yet). What a stab in the back, doesn't encourage spending money on this game that's for sure.
    Note I didn't spend money for General Skywalker, I don't have him yet and I'm nowhere near close enough to go for him this time either. But I can sympathize with people who spent money to get something they couldn't even really use until around now, only to realize they'd have saved a lot of money just by hoarding GET and waiting for the rerun.
    This is gonna bite CG in the you know where. The people who fork over money to keep their lights on are going to dry up.
  • Options
    I thought it was hysterical 🤣
  • Options
    I thought it was hysterical 🤣

Nope, the ugly truth.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    "Gift", I don't think it means what CG thinks it means... or

The gift is for CG dev's as they get a nice bonus the more whales spend on these "amazing" packs.... whale harder to give the devs a nice gift for Christmas...
  • Options
    IT DOESN'T SAY GIFT WHAT IS HAPPENING itt???
  • Options

You do know what it means when you put a word between asterisks, right?
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Unless it was in the title, they didn't use the word gift. It's a holiday sale. Holiday sales are literally everywhere this time of year.

There will probably be some sort of Christmas bonus later, but the holiday sale ain't it.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Unless it was in the title, they didn't use the word gift. It's a holiday sale. Holiday sales are literally everywhere this time of year.

There will probably be some sort of Christmas bonus later, but the holiday sale ain't it.

This. Also, there was a long thread 2 weeks ago where members of the forum criticized CG for not running a Black Friday holiday sale. Guess thats the forums for you, no matter what happens a group will be here to complain about it.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

you mean quotations, but yes, I do. I also know what it means when OP writes a sentence, in quotes, about gifts, and when multiple people itt are outraged that cg would have the audacity to offer packs. And those people called them gifts. so,
  • Options

you mean quotations, but yes, I do. I also know what it means when OP writes a sentence, in quotes, about gifts, and when multiple people itt are outraged that cg would have the audacity to offer packs. And those people called them gifts. so,

Wrong, absolutely wrong. That's no quote at all but irony and sarcasm. You totally missed the point of the whole conversation.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn