How many f2p unlocked GAS

Prev13
Technically im not free to play. I think im into swgoh for $100 since it came out. I bought the lowest pack yesterday for 13$ helped me g13 ahsoka and was able to beat the event after many hours of suffering.

Replies

• Aussiepump
    110 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Right here, many many many hours later
    haccwcr6i0zf.jpg
  • Options
    This is my second and completely F2P account (in my first retired account I spent maybe $50 on some crystal packs), unlocked GAS Friday night, probably took about 3-4 hours in total.
  • Options
    What on earth does it matter if you unlocked him F2P or not, enjoy the achievement, no need to show off if you don’t support the game at all.
  • Options
    wasnt F2P at the start. But stopped paying after JKR (still the most worthwhile investment.)

GAS and the Units needed/ gear required was all acquired by F2P the second time round. Was very pleasing to earn
  • Options
    I did! The first time he appeared....
  • Options
    Does FTP people still exist ?
  • Options
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    What on earth does it matter if you unlocked him F2P or not, enjoy the achievement, no need to show off if you don’t support the game at all.

Free players support the game just by playing. If only 5% pay anything to play the game, that means if free players disappeared the game would instantly become 95% depopulated.

We need all kinds of players, whether they pay or not.

Anyway, congrats if you got Anakin for free! I'll have to do it next time... ETA is still 12 away from 7*, and Shaak Ti is 84 away. I would have paid to complete it, but the packs available would have still left me 30 shards shy of finishing Shaak Ti, so there was no point.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure there’s only been a few toons that were useful against top tier while under 7* since this game started.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I unlocked him as ftp the first time :/
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Free players support the game just by playing. If only 5% pay anything to play the game, that means if free players disappeared the game would instantly become 95% depopulated.

Anyway, congrats if you got Anakin for free! I'll have to do it next time... ETA is still 12 away from 7*, and Shaak Ti is 84 away. I would have paid to complete it, but the packs available would have still left me 30 shards shy of finishing Shaak Ti, so there was no point.

Still doesn’t mean people need to bark F2P on every post it’s ridiculous, just enjoy the achievement wether you paid or not, it’s not a badge of honour not supporting a game you play.
  • Options
    I was curious considering the difficulty of the event. I thought i had my guys more than ready. I dont think you can over prepare for this event
  • Options
    Well im not f2p.... but i spent no money on unlocking GAS.... so it can be done just very hard to do 1st time around. 2nd time was easy getting the characters farmed and geared
  • Options
    ya i didnt expect to see him back so soon. i just g12 shaak and droideka few days before event. 7*eta the day event started. 1 week sooner and i might not have been able to do it

• Options
    I did this morning, went bare minimum and +500 attempts later. . . . . . . n8ezp124g86c.png
    g391odltxkmw.png
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Still doesn’t mean people need to bark F2P on every post it’s ridiculous, just enjoy the achievement wether you paid or not, it’s not a badge of honour not supporting a game you play.

Ofcourse it's a badge of honour just like you seem to think that financially supporting the game you play is a honourable thing to do.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Couldn't clear P4 with similar squad as blueboy above. Had no enthusiasm left after grueling P2
  • Options
    SithAmer wrote: »
    Couldn't clear P4 with similar squad as blueboy above. Had no enthusiasm left after grueling P2
    It's pure RNG. There are good strat and advices but even following them the RNG turn order can mess up or facilitate things enormously.
    I got him the first time and it took me around 6 hours of tries I think (2 for p2 and 4 for p4) and around 20K crystal I had stashed (I'm FTP) and almost all my hoarded gear
  • CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Meh
  • Purplemoon715
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Does FTP people still exist ?

I got a bunch of iTunes gift cards for Xmas and used them to purchase the hyperdrive. Do I still count as FTP since I didn’t spend my own money? ;-)

As a mid-level player (I think), I really enjoyed that bundle. The additional quests giving additional gear and shipment $$ is a nice surprise, as I don’t recall seeing that mentioned in the hyperdrive description.

To answer OP, nope, I’m not even close to unlocking GAS. He’ll probably come back a couple more times before I’m ready.
  • Options
    I got him this time around! Clones were my first squad investment so I've really focused on being prepared for him this time around.
  • Options
    I haven’t yet. Do you think it’s possible with G12+3 assaj , R2 B1, dreideka, and Magna, and g10 B1?