GAC player lock ruining things

Accidentally hit "join"out of habit. No "are you sure?" dialog. No ability to refresh like TW. Just a roster with messed up mods now for all of phase 3

What is the positive result supposed to be of leaving it in such a way that one small error like like that ruins your entire month long endeavor? Like, why is it important to leave it like this? Crumb? Anyone?

Disappointing.

Replies

• Imnotgood
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Blaming the devs for your own mistakes. Yes it could require a verify, but that's just a tiny qol.

But it still is your own mistake, and nobody else to blame for that.
  • Imnotgood
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    The last time I checked it was me paying them for christmas gifts.

Besides, I did the same mistake this morning because I'm a bit stupid when hungover. Even so I'm not ranting in the forums for my own stupidity, despite my BSF and DR and a whole goddamn NS comp are running into this round modless.

Edit:
    All I was trying to achieve with my mod swapping was to get 3* on GAS events, for err... fun.
  • Options
    Imnotgood wrote: »
    Edit:
    All I was trying to achieve with my mod swapping was to get 3* on GAS events, for err... fun.
    Now that's some serious masochism! :D

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Blaming the devs for your own mistakes. Yes it could require a verify, but that's just a tiny qol.

Just bc it is a player’s mistake doesn’t mean it isn’t terrible design
    The last time I checked it was me paying them for christmas gifts.

Lolwut?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • GIJippo
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

That didn't answer my question. Nor did I blame the devs for my mistake. Nor did I not acknowledge that I mistakenly hit the button. I asked why it's necessary there isn't a safety measure to prevent this kind of mistake that is very easy to transpire. Can YOU think of a good reason there isn't a safety feature? If you don't have an answer to that you're of no use here.

This is a garbage comment.
  • GIJippo
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    I don't want to defend EA, but if you pay zero attention to game you deserve it. yes the current system is bad. but then focus..

I'm not finding an answer to the question here either.

So let me get this straight. You are "defending" EA for not having a safety feature here. So, obviously you think there is a good reason for it and they should not have one. So what would that "good" reason be, Adamklark? Can you think of one? What's the "defensible" thing??

• Options
    I mean it's a problem, but at the end of the day the only thing you can do is get used to it. CG will change it if/when they do, creating a forum post is unlikely to make a difference, else the last person doing it would have got it fixed. And before the complaining side accuses me of being "A CG defender" or whatever **** name some of you have come up with most recently, this is from the perspective of someone who would have had a G13 BSF this round if I hadn't gone to look at the results of yesterday after the score showed my opponent attacked after I last looked. Yes, they don't have a review period, I know that, but I was tired, it happens.
  • Options
    I fully agree with the OP. It is just poor/lazy design. Luckily it did not happen to me yet but it always could..

The obvious solution is to implement the same system like with TWs: you can leave after entering and then enter again.
  • Options
    GIJippo wrote: »
    What is the positive result supposed to be of leaving it in such a way that one small error like like that ruins your entire month long endeavor? Like, why is it important to leave it like this? Crumb? Anyone?

It was changed because post-lock roster changes were getting into GAC. The easiest way to prevent that was to lock the roster when players join. They probably overestimated the capacity of players to pay attention to what they are doing and not join until they are ready to lock their roster. I'm sure they'll add some sort of QOL update at some point like the ability to leave and re-join or a confirmation pop-up...until then, people just need to pay attention to what they are doing...that's not really a lot to ask, lol.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    OP: says something we also think isn't working right and needs fixing
    Forums: pitchforks!!!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Imnotgood
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    GIJippo wrote: »
    And then look at the people who came in to give me a nice kick in the balls. They all have Stockholm Syndrom so it's no wonder nothing ever changes. They defend things like this.

Gifafi wrote: »

A fair point, sorry for the ill will. I get too easily dragged into that.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you OP. Your thread reminded me that I needed to join this round.
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Thank you OP. Your thread reminded me that I needed to join this round.

I do my best!

• Options
    [q ;) uote="GIJippo;c-2038142"]
    And then look at the people who came in to give me a nice kick in the balls. They all have Stockholm Syndrom so it's no wonder nothing ever changes. They defend things like this.

Gifafi wrote: »

A fair point, sorry for the ill will. I get too easily dragged into that.[/quote]

It's aiight ;)
  • Options
    I agree that it could be improved, but for me it’s about 487th on the list of issues I have with the game right now which relegates it to the “nice to have” section of the feature list.

Learn from it and move on.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If CG can implement a roster lock on pressing "Join" that works they should be able to make a roster lock by the end of the join period work too and solve this.
  • Options
    I had a similar but opposite problem. Was waiting until the last minute to join because of this issue and now missed this round because forgot to join.. seriously sucks. I'm so mad at myself...I wish it would auto join or have an option to autojoin
  • Options
    I don't want to defend EA, but if you pay zero attention to game you deserve it. yes the current system is bad. but then focus..

This game has made over $900 million. CG could easily implement this quality of life or actually set the roster lock like TW. The players shouldn’t have to micromanage every tiny detail when the UI could be made better.
  • Lemmiwinks4344
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Whenever I'm having a problem, I come to these threads in hopes of finding a solution. As a normal person just trying to find some helpful advice, I've noticed a pattern over the past year that really irritates me. People like “Imnotgood” and “Adamklark” ruin threads that could be helpful to people like me by being sarcastic a**holes and belittling the people that ask questions. This stops people from posting because they get made out to look like **** instead of getting any helpful advice, whatsoever.

Seriously, especially Adamklark, if you’re reading this response go and look at how you reply to people. GIJippo was wondering if anyone else made the same mistake and/or felt the same way. Unlike you, there are people out there like me that have experienced this and would like to have an intelligent, helpful discussion around it. He was not “ranting in the forums for his own stupidity” as Imnotgood mentioned. If anyone looks stupid, it’s him complaining about the dumb mistakes he makes because of his alcohol problems. However, at least he had the decency to apologize which I respect.

I made an account so that I could put some of you in your place, and hopefully make other “trolls” think before posting ignorant replies. If Adamklark (and ppl like you) have nothing better to do than making yourself feel better on a Star Wars forum by kicking people when they express a concern, I suggest you find other hobbies and make some New Year’s resolutions, or your life will stay on its sorry pathway.

I appreciate you trying to bring light to this though GIJippo. Hopefully, they fix it, or at a bare minimum, we can one day make a thread without neanderthals like Adamklark ruining it.
  • Options

This game has made over $900 million. CG could easily implement this quality of life or actually set the roster lock like TW. The players shouldn’t have to micromanage every tiny detail when the UI could be made better.

Most of the complaints I've seen about the way roster lock works now is due to mods not being in the correct spot, with a few "I upgraded my toons after I joined FML".

So people micromanaging their rosters are the ones having the problems, yet they shouldn't have to "micromanage" not pressing a button until they are ready? Ok.
  • Options

Most of the complaints I've seen about the way roster lock works now is due to mods not being in the correct spot, with a few "I upgraded my toons after I joined FML".

So people micromanaging their rosters are the ones having the problems, yet they shouldn't have to "micromanage" not pressing a button until they are ready? Ok.

Past two rounds I've just gone in to review the battle, forgetting that it's the third and there isn't a review stage, mods are always being moved around and characters always being upgraded, it's inevitable that at times those events coincide. I can understand thinking people should pay more attention, I certainly should, but do you actually approve of the change and oppose any "improvement" to it?