@CG Assault Battles - Comments and Suggestions

Thank you for making the Assault Battles last 2 days again. I really appreciate the extra shard shop currency. Please don't let this be a temporary change because the change to it only being one day was supposed to be temporary. Also, can you please add a mythic tier to the ones that don't have it including Places of Power and Rebel Roundup.

Replies

• Options
    and while you are at it......if a player gets 3 stars, please let us sim it!
  • Options
    and while you are at it......if a player gets 3 stars, please let us sim it!

Yes! This too. This should be a thing for every event.
  • Options
    Unfortunately it looks like they’ll be going back to one day events again in January.
  • Options
    Unfortunately it looks like they’ll be going back to one day events again in January.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat Can someone please explain why a "temporary" change hasn't been fixed or were we just told it was "temporary" so that we wouldn't complain? It has been long enough and clearly it can be easily changed because it was changed for Christmas and apparently being changed back next month.
  • Options
    Tygra wrote: »

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat Can someone please explain why a "temporary" change hasn't been fixed or were we just told it was "temporary" so that we wouldn't complain? It has been long enough and clearly it can be easily changed because it was changed for Christmas and apparently being changed back next month.

Why do you assume a temporary change was caused by a bug/needed fixing? They determined that for the time being they would run them for 1 day to keep the game's economy where they wanted. I think everyone would love for them to be 2 days, doesn't mean it is a bug/problem.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

Why do you assume a temporary change was caused by a bug/needed fixing? They determined that for the time being they would run them for 1 day to keep the game's economy where they wanted. I think everyone would love for them to be 2 days, doesn't mean it is a bug/problem.

Who said it was a bug?
  • Options
    Let's not forget that CG takes a loose interpretation of the term 'temporary'. Hard-nodes had 8 per cycle for upwards of 6 months (a 'temporary' increase to help players farm some new marquees and other new toons) before CG dropped it down to 5 (much to the chagrin of most of the playerbase).
  • Options
    Let's not forget that CG takes a loose interpretation of the term 'temporary'. Hard-nodes had 8 per cycle for upwards of 6 months (a 'temporary' increase to help players farm some new marquees and other new toons) before CG dropped it down to 5 (much to the chagrin of most of the playerbase).

Well, I just searched the forums and the Assault Battles in May were 2 day and the ones in June were 1 day. So January will mark 8 months of this "temporary" change.

Never said anything about a bug. It needs fixed because it was only supposed to be a temporary change. And as far as the game's economy, don't get me started on that topic since GET tokens were supposed to help with the gear crunch and now CG are unlocking legendary characters at only 5* and forcing us to use GET1 tokens to farm the rest and adding 2 new meta ships that have to be farmed using the GET2 tokens. Yeah, they are really concerned about helping us with the gear crunch.
  • Options
    Mitch08 wrote: »

Who said it was a bug?

Maybe I am crazy, but "fixed" usually only applies when something is perceived as broken.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Christmas gift.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe I am crazy, but "fixed" usually only applies when something is perceived as broken.

You want to sit and argue over grammar, really? I clearly stated that I knew it was an intentional change that was only supposed to be temporary. So maybe fixed was the wrong word. I guess I should have said switched back. But that still doesn't change the fact that I never said the word bug. You want to sit and argue grammar, that's fine, but anyone with any reading comprehension skills could clearly understand exactly what I meant. I swear, some people just want to argue just for attention. You remind me of my freaking kids.
  • Options
    I clearly stated that I knew it was an intentional change that was only supposed to be temporary.

Who said it was supposed to be temporary? Source?
  • Options
    Dont really care about assault battles except that it really needs to be simmable. Crippling my phone for 30min running autocombat for 2 different assault battles is not very welcome when that time can be spent doing tb/tw/raids/life etc.

And here CG wonders why people complain the game takes too much time while mundane repetitive events that should be simmable still arent simmable.
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    Options
    I clearly stated that I knew it was an intentional change that was only supposed to be temporary.

When they told us they were changing them from 2 day events to 1 day events, they said it was a temporary change.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

When they told us they were changing them from 2 day events to 1 day events, they said it was a temporary change.

Link please.
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Link please.

You are just as capable of searching through the forums as I am. I don't have that kind of spare time. I would concentrate between May and June of last year. That is when they made the change from 2 days to 1 day. All I know is I remember that when they made the announcement, they said it was temporary.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Link please.

You are just as capable of searching through the forums as I am. I don't have that kind of spare time. I would concentrate between May and June of last year. That is when they made the change from 2 days to 1 day. All I know is I remember that when they made the announcement, they said it was temporary.

You are making a claim with no evidence. It is not my job to provide that evidence. You are remembering incorrectly. They changed it, but they never announced it and they definitely never said it was temporary. If you can't provide evidence of your claim then what you've said is irrelevant because it never happened.
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    Options
    You are making a claim with no evidence. It is not my job to provide that evidence. You are remembering incorrectly. They changed it, but they never announced it and they definitely never said it was temporary. If you can't provide evidence of your claim then what you've said is irrelevant because it never happened.

It is not my job to provide you with the evidence either. I remember them discussing why it was being changed, j just don't remember the exact reason, but I remember them saying it wasn't permanent. Just because you don't remember or didn't read that particular thread doesn't mean it never happened. I've been a member of this forum longer than you have. Just because I don't choose to make 20+ posts a day on here doesn't automatically make me wrong and you right about anything. Nor does that give you the final say so of what is or isn't relevant. Someone else commented and said that they said the change was due to the game economy, so clearly someone else remembers them discussing the change.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

It is not my job to provide you with the evidence either. I remember them discussing why it was being changed, j just don't remember the exact reason, but I remember them saying it wasn't permanent. Just because you don't remember or didn't read that particular thread doesn't mean it never happened. I've been a member of this forum longer than you have. Just because I don't choose to make 20+ posts a day on here doesn't automatically make me wrong and you right about anything. Nor does that give you the final say so of what is or isn't relevant. Someone else commented and said that they said the change was due to the game economy, so clearly someone else remembers them discussing the change.

You are correct, just because I don't remember it or didn't read it doesn't mean it never happened.

At the same time, just because you feel like you remember it doesn't mean it actually happened.

It appears we at an impasse, unless someone can dig up an actual quote.
  • Options
    I too would be interested to see where they posted about assault battles being a temporary change. Just read through the May/June Q&A from after the change was posted to the calendar and there was no mention, nor is there a dev post from May/June about Assault Battles.