Arc Trooper and his turret question.

I am trying to figure out the relationship between the turret and the Arc Trooper. I know the text reads it scales with the summoner's stats. If that is the case, why does it not do more damage after Five's sacrifices himself giving more offense to the trooper? If it is only goes off stats when it is summoned, then why does it not do more damage when summoned into a new wave during a combat mission in the TB?

Replies

• SparkyBurns
    520 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    In a recent Q and A they answered this question. Essentially it boils down to when the turret is spawned that is when it pulls stats. So at the beginning of the match after the leadership and unique stats gather then the turret is called and that's what you have. So Fives' sacrifice has nothing to do with it.

It doesn't actually re-summon in TB from phase to phase so you're not gaining the extra boost in the next phase.

So just pump Arc Trooper full of offense and be happy with the extra 20k per hit.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I thought it was re-summoned at the start of each wave. Makes sense then that it goes off the stats at the start of battle. I'm not quite at 20k per hit, only managing a little over 17k right now.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.

Goodyear?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Goodyear?

...no, the worst!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I thought it was re-summoned at the start of each wave. Makes sense then that it goes off the stats at the start of battle. I'm not quite at 20k per hit, only managing a little over 17k right now.

Get the mods just right and it happens! I actually really like Arc Trooper a lot despite a tepid reaction when he came out
  • Options
    I just pushed him to R5 which makes the turret hit for 18k. I imagine once I get him to R7 the turret will hit that hard.
  • Options
    Yep! I hit r7 a week ago to go along with r7 Fives, r5 Echo, r5 Rex, r3 Shaak ti, and sadly a still 6* General Skywalker (I was one of two in my shard to unlock him the first time... now there are 5-6 and several of them are already r7 before I can even get mine to 7*. Thanks CG, guess you don't ever want my money again).

Anyway, saw a Clone Sith Raid team and it had Arc hitting really hard so I bumped him up in priority over Echo. He hits crazy hard at r7 and unlike some of the others also has some survivability with a reasonable health pool and some defense.
  • Options
    I want to push some to R7 but I really want to know what their new relic abilities are going to be. I don't want to invest in one and find out his relic ability sucks when I could of given it to somebody else who has an amazing ability.
  • Ultra
    11528 posts Moderator
    Options
    I am trying to figure out the relationship between the turret and the Arc Trooper. I know the text reads it scales with the summoner's stats. If that is the case, why does it not do more damage after Five's sacrifices himself giving more offense to the trooper? If it is only goes off stats when it is summoned, then why does it not do more damage when summoned into a new wave during a combat mission in the TB?
    Stat scaling is dynamic. If ARC gets offense up or offense down, the turret's damage doesn't adjust. It has its own stats that is determined when its summoned.

The turret DOES NOT get summoned when you enter a new wave, for proof, look at Geo Brute and the Summon Battle Droid in Dark Side Geo TB -- Those units maintain the same health / protection / turn meter from the previous wave instead of being resummoned at full health / protection / reset cooldowns

If they did get resummoned, then the turret would have Fives stats added on it

I am sure you can use a turret with scaled stats with fives if you use Daka / ARC / Fives in one team and wait for Fives to sacrifice, then ARC to die and then use daka to revive ARC and turret